New Eberron Game! Return to Q'Barra

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

New Eberron Game! Return to Q'Barra

Post by mountainviking » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:24 pm

:D I've got lots of fun stuff planned for this campaign!! Mountain and Jungle adventure, with a kind of, "Old West, Settler" theme based in the last frontier of Eberron's main continent, Khorvaire. The possibilities are endless in the Endworld Mountains... :wink:

So far, we've got four players and a maybe...still waiting on sheets to get started...There is still possibly some room...probably one, maybe two spots??

Char Build: I want to go with 35 standard point buy...only one score above 18, and only if its because of race bonus (ex. an elf could have 20 dex.) We'll start as 4th level characters, but may boost to 5th depending on who joins up. Magic is going to be limited to start but I've got some cool stuff worked in, so don't worry, it'll come around! I'm setting the magic limit at 2800 gp at character creation (about half of 4th level)...and, please keep it to lower level, common items...thanks! Master work items are rather common in the fort due to the dwarven craftsmen and house D'Cannith abilites...so feel free to upgrade some stuff within the normal character wealth amount. I'm going to trust you on hit point rolls, and in the interest of character longevity, we'll count any rolls that are less than half potential to be half. (ex. a 1,2,or 3 on d6 counts as 3 hp for a rogue.)

An IC intro will be coming soon with updated adventure info. My intention is to start where the original party left off: A day's travel and one random encounter into it. You'll get the xp for defeating the hungry bear, and I'll chose two characters at random to be wounded the appropriate amounts (I think it was only 5 and 7 hps after healing). We'll be starting out as they set up camp for the night, at the base of Junkite Pass...If that's not OK, or anyone has questions/suggestions, post or PM me them!!

To help save players time, I've searched through the already been posted stuff (I figured it would take less memory) and provided links to where things are already stored...should be on the page, just a post or two down...

Here is the basic intro for your little valley, New Eston, with its fort/town in the mountains above Q'Barra's jungles:

http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... art=0.html

Here is where the map is...scroll right for the legend etc:

http://geocities.com/mountainvike/newestonvalley.htm

I like Vardaen's base posting policies, and I will do my best to keep up with them, and hope the players will too. Once in a while I may be too busy, and slow down some, but I intend to keep this rolling! Please stick with me, I think this will be fun for everyone!!

Cheers to good gaming!! :D

MV
Last edited by mountainviking on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Re: New Eberron Game! Return to Q'Barra

Post by eldritchknight » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 pm

I should have my character done this week.

Looking forward to another Eberron game!!
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:37 am

What races are allowed from the Expanded Psionics Handbook? I was thinking of being a xeph who has travelled from his homeland in Adar.

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 am

I think a xeph sounds reasonable...they like to travel. Far from home...any errata on any of this? First time I heard of them today :)

Seems close, no free feat or skill bonus like human, but the burst and saving throw bonus, etc are pretty nice!! Maybe a bit too nice, but we'll check it out...so many rules out there these days, might as well try out some new stuff :D

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:02 am

There is a brief sidebar in Player's Guide to Eberron in the Kalashtar chapter talking about xeph's living in Adar and fighting Reidra alongside the kalashtar.

Cool!! Will start my character tomorrow, then. Will probably be straight soulknife, possably multi class into rogue in the future.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:59 pm

I have created my character and allowed mountainviking access to him.

In a nutshell I will be playing Jorund Soulforge part of the dwarven enclave in New Eston. A fighter/cleric/battlesmith of Onatar whose domains are Good and Metal. Basically he is a good hearted dwarven priest who loves to make things.

Look forwards to the game.

Wulf

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Kalagar will return...MV do you have the original sheet? I updated him to run my campaign and am not sure I can de-level him.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:43 pm

My character will be done once I get my home internet connection back. That should be sometime next week.

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Wed May 02, 2007 8:23 pm

All Right, we're getting there!

I've got characters pretty much ready from Eanwulf and Formosus...a dwarf ftr2/clr2 and a lizardman barbarian outcast-he is good, and the party knows what he is, but he usually wears a Hat of Disguise around town so as not to scare the childrens;)

Wayloss, I emailed the original sheet for Kalagar (shifter cleric) to you...did you get it? Any changes you'd like to make to feats etc are cool! Just let me know.

Still waiting on a wizard from Trogdor and a soulknife from EldritchKnight...

Anybody else want in???

Cheers!!

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Fri May 04, 2007 4:28 am

Hey, while we're finishing the characters up, lets bump everybody up to 5th!! I think 5 at 5 will pretty much be the perfect size for this adventure!!

Cheers!!

Looking forward to getting this going;)