New Eberron Game! Return to Q'Barra

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: New Eberron Game! Return to Q'Barra

Post by Eanwulf » Sun May 06, 2007 5:41 am

I edited my character sheet to update it to 5th level.

Question? Our wealth level increases by 3,600 gp to a whopping total of 9,000 gp. What is our magic cap? Is it half of that (4,500 gp) or the aforementioned 2,700 gp?

Just wondering.

Game On!

Formosus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Formosus » Sun May 06, 2007 6:52 am

My character sheet is also updated.
7. A spiritual creature is wholly simple in its essence. Yet there is still a twofold composition in the spiritual creature, namely, that of the essence with being, and that of the substance with accidents.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 am

I am hoping to get my character done by Tuesday, as my days are a little busy right now.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm nearly there w/ my character. Did some work this weekend. But I have two things due at work today, so I'm likely to be swamped

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Mon May 07, 2007 8:10 pm

Nice! No Worries guys!! I know how it goes at work. I'm just happy to hear you're working on it :D

I know going shopping for magic is one of the funnest things to do for a character, but I want to keep the limit low for now, due to what I've got built in and the relative availability of eberron dragon shards from the mines...not that anyone in the party has the ability to attune them yet...basically, in my mind, creating magic items normally, but substituting the materials...I believe its covered in the ECS...? Anyone got more info on dragonshard magic??

In Character terms, for varying reasons, you've all spent a great deal of your wealth to get to this "new land." Most likely, on some sort of sailing vessel. The mountains are nearly impassible, and the other options are through Valenar or the Lhazaar (rather unfriendly) territories...While there are excellent craftsmen in the village, there is no high level mage to enchant items.

Here is a link to a map of Khorvaire, the main continent: http://pages.videotron.com/sebby777/kho ... mplete.jpg

New Eston is a rugged week's ride into the mountains, North and West of Whitecliff, the nearest city. From there a boat can be caught for a reasonable price down to the major port cities of Newthrone or Adderport.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Mon May 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Sorry for the delay...going to work on him now

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 pm

Oh is it 35 points 1:1 or the point buy in the DMG?

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue May 08, 2007 5:34 am

Point buy...it should still let you have a few real strong stats and some average ones...or a bunch of above average (5 14s and a 13). Plus your 4th level boost...

Most of us have some sort of weakness :wink:

And, bump him to 5th :D

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Tue May 08, 2007 5:38 pm

yeah i was asking about the diminishing returns version in the dmg. or the usual for the site in points spent 1 for 1

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm

Yeah, I know, I'm going against the grain a bit here, but I like the standard point buy system from DMG...

Upto a 14 is 1 for 1; 2 pts each for 15 and 16, and then three for 17 and 18.

That is, of course, before your racial adjustments and 4th level boost, so you can get a few "free" points there...

I use the same guidelines when creating my Villainous leaders...