IC: On the Trail...Endworld Mountains

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
Formosus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: IC: On the Trail...Endworld Mountains

Post by Formosus » Fri May 25, 2007 3:10 am

The missile speeds by his head and Agamagan lets out a loud hissing noise. After catching the brief blur of color, he bounds on nearly all fours back toward the camp. "Attack! Fight!" he yells as he slides into the remains of the lunch camp. He is pointing and gesticulating wildly up the slope.
Last edited by Formosus on Fri May 25, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Fri May 25, 2007 3:55 am

Xerxes looks up at the sound of the crossbow bolt shattering on rock, and instantly a glowing green blade of energy appears in his hand.

He then moves towards cover, and tries to sneak and see the enemy.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

DarthVayne
Level 0
Level 0

Post by DarthVayne » Fri May 25, 2007 5:50 am

Agamagan bounds back ito camp, obviously hurried. As soon as he proclaims "Attack! Fight!" Anneke is in motion. a quick jerk looses her crossbow from its tether.

"How rude, cant they at least wait until I've had a chance to digest my breakfast?" She quips "I mean they didnt even give me a chance to fish out my armor and put it on..." She trails off

"Khyber's Blood!" She realized she WAS unarmored and anyone looking to put down a wizard before they could snap off a spell or two might assume she was one. She would assume she was a magic user were she in their place

She scans her surroundings in an attempt to acertain positions of possible attackers, and all the while attempting to get to some cover. Unarmored, there was no need to present herself as a tempting target. Whom ever thier agressor was they did not want to get in a straight up fight it seemed, of which Anneke was grateful. Sure she carried a melee weapon, a slender rapier, but that was for little more than show, she was not very good at using it properly. Though she did know which end to hold, she smirked.

She far preferred the crossbow, she wasnt such a bad shot either, at least thats what she kept telling herself. She calmed herself a little bit, telling herself to be patient, she had been in situations like this many times before. Silently hoping the lizardman had been mistaken. Or that someone had mistaken him...
-- Courage Without Conviction is Apathy at Best--

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Fri May 25, 2007 9:48 am

Cover is had, weapons and armor are readied, and a few more moments pass. Individuals begin sticking their necks out around corners, reaching, searching for a sign of the enemy, but to no avail. A few more minutes pass without sight or sound ahead, and everyone relaxes, slightly.

Looking up the trail, it is around 150 feet to where the bolt chipped off of the rock, and about another 150 feet to where the trail switchbacks around the large rock formation, heading back up, overhead. The blur of movement was on the high, far side of the rock outcropping that sits at the focal point of the turn in the road. The hillside is a loose tumble of rocks and earth above and below the trail.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Ambush!

Post by Eanwulf » Sun May 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Jorund scowls at the broken crossbow bolt for several moments before commenting. "Bah, such a lousy ambush attempt! I say we pursue the coward! Who's with me?" Jorund then awaits the party's reply.
If the group desires to pursue them then Jorund will cast Quick March on the party followed up with Shield of Faith on himself before chasing after the attacker. If in combat, Jorund will utilize his combat expertise (-2 to attack for a +2 AC bonus). I cite these tactics in event I am delayed in posting further than I already am.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Mon May 28, 2007 6:12 am

"Indeed," Xerxes says, as he moves to where Jorund is. "Let us get these cowards,"
Not sure if ya got my PM, but I need a copy of char sheet, I accidently deleted mine from the HD.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Mon May 28, 2007 10:22 pm

The group readies their weapons as they rally around Jorund. 'œReady?' he asks gruffly. With a nod and an ancient dwarven word, a yellow nimbus appears around everyone's feet. They suddenly feel lighter, heavy steel boots seem to weigh nothing. 'œTime to go,' Jorund says as he takes off at a trot up the hill. While the sight of the sturdy dwarf's feet moving impossibly fast is amusing, you know from experience, that the effect lasts a very short time, and so the group bursts into motion.

A few short seconds later, you turn the corner, running around the rock formation as fast as possible. The trail gets steeper ahead, and travels in a long straight line, up toward the higher mountains. Thanks to your enhanced speed, you come around just in time to see three small figures hopping up the trail and disappearing above the false-summit line of sight. One of them carries a crossbow in both hands that seems, even from this distance, to be a bit too big for him.

They went out of sight, as the trail does from here, about 200 feet up the trail, where another large, leaning tower of rock stands to the left, up hill side of the road. A single, but large tree grows from somewhere on the other side of that rock, but otherwise, there is no cover to be had. The long loose jumble of rocks grows below as you ascend.
Quick march gives +30 move; swift spell; double move = 120 in one round. Two rounds later, you turn the corner, huffing and puffing from the increased altitude and running up hill.
A double move is the fastest you can ascend the trail'¦its too steep to run up. The loose rocks around the road are difficult terrain, costing double to move through; AND a DC 10 balance check to avoid falling due to loose, tumbling rocks'¦if you fall, it might be a ways of tumbling over, and with, many rocks...

We can assume that the party knows each other well enough to have discussed marching order before, but I need to know what that might be'¦? Just throw some sort of preference in a spoiler'¦Thanks!! Cheers!!

Edited to add new map link: http://geocities.com/mountainvike/upper ... e_pass.htm

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Marching Order?

Post by Eanwulf » Wed May 30, 2007 3:06 am

I reckon knowing just how many players there are in the group as well as their relative classes and levels would aid us greatly in formulating the marching order. Allow me to start the post and perhaps mountainviking could edit it with our classes/levels? As for Jorund, I have no problem with him somewhere in the middle, that way he can either rush to aid in the fight or to the wounded that choose to fall back during the fray. -Eanwulf
I'll put a list of characters/levels in the OOC thread I started for QBarra. There is map info there as well if you haven't seen it yet. -mountainviking
Last edited by Eanwulf on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formosus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Marching Order?

Post by Formosus » Wed May 30, 2007 8:48 am

Agamagan grunts as their small would-be assailants come briefly into view. "Mmh. Monkeys not so good with bow. No cover needed," he says, obviously commenting on the lack of cover between the rescue party and the archers. He ends with, almost as an afterthought, "If we go fast now, can catch."
Agamagan should probably go in the front, since he can move faster than most others in the party (I think)

DarthVayne
Level 0
Level 0

On the Trail

Post by DarthVayne » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Anneke casts her gaze up the steep trail, eyes darting about the sharp rocks that seem to be plentiful on the path ahead. She knew she would have no difficulty ascending the trail but she was concerned about some of her companions.

"Well Mates, the trail is steep, but no steeper than your average Ziggurat of Xen'Drik. I think these little vermin need to be taught some manners. Nobody shoots at my friend Agamagan and gets away with it!" She shoots the Lizardman a wry wink.

She pauses for a second "I would like to point out however that we have no cover between here and there, and they have plenty. Plus we have no Idea of how many of them they are. Remember One Needle Tooth isn much of a threat, but a whole swarm of them is very dangerous indeed."

After speaking such words of wisdom, she giggles. "I must have read that somewhere."

She grips her Crossbow tightly and makes sure her supply of extra bolts is handy.

"Fortune Favors the Bold, my friends" She winks again as she bounds up the path.
-- Courage Without Conviction is Apathy at Best--