New Eberron Campaign starting soon!!

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

New Eberron Campaign starting soon!!

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:29 am

New Eberron Campain starting soon!!!! (*well, I kind of need a new PC, but its ordered, so soon :) ... *)

I'm looking for 5 or 6 adventurers of 4th level. I have the CW, CA, eberron ECS, and Psionic handbook, so (?most?) everything in those and the core books is allowed. Other ideas and/or ????? Please PM me and we can talk about it, of course, I'll need to see the rules at some point...But there is a Borders nearby, so I can double check most info...

You may wish to read the starting point intro in the OOC: Welcome to New Eston

Those interested, PLEASE post here...I'll use this forum to decide who asked first...should that become a problem ;)

Please include at least an idea of what sort of character you'd like to play...

Thanks!! Have Fun!!
:D
Last edited by mountainviking on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sidewinder102
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sidewinder102 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Sounds good, expect some PM's and a character sheet from me sooner or later. I think a Psion sounds good for this campaign.. How about an Elan Psion?

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:57 am

Elan is cool. I've played with one before...those extra PP are always nice. And so are the damage reduction abilities.

maxwell_murderer137
Level 0
Level 0

Post by maxwell_murderer137 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:19 am

yeah i'll join, Elven Swashbuckler? would he fit in?

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Character Creation

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:24 am

Mostly Normal character generating rules...

Abilitiy Scores: start at 8 each, + 40 points to distribute amongst them on a one for one basis... All but one stat must be under 18, before racial modifiers. Then add your +1 for fourth level!!

Hit Points: Full for 1st level. Roll for the others, rounding up any rolls that are below half to half. EX: A barbarian rolls a 3 on d12...he gets 6+con bonus(*if any*) instead.

Money: It cost everyone some time and money to get to where they are in Q'Barra, so we'll start out as a poorer campaign. I tend to give a pretty heavy dose of better magic items, so don't worry, they'll come around...I just like to make you earn it. Starting gold will only be 2750 BUT!! You get to upgrade ONE weapon & ONE armor/shield to Master Work for free!!(*or other if armor/shield is not of interest to your character...?*) (*due to the abundance of craft skills between the dwarven smiths and Mr. Cannith...*)

Alignment: While I expect at least some of the characters to be shady, I hope to run a clean campaign, and would ask you to keep any vile, evil posts elsewhere;) Also, you'll usually find it beneficial to your character's health to work with the rest of your party...danger is everywhere in Q'Barra.

Eventually, a Short character history should be created and include:

1. A reasoning for the character being where they are, living outside normal society, in this harsh, wild country...

2. How long they've been there...And how long they intend to stay.

3. Country of origin, and any ties to the Last War. Any history with Mercil d'Cannith.

4. How they aquired any magic or MW items they possess.

5. Possibly, if applicable, some mention of any Prestige Class, or other focus they may be interested in attaining.

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:28 am

Elven swashbuckler sounds fine Maxwell! I've looked at that class before, but never seen it played...It would be cool to check it out!!

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:45 am

So everybody is a native of this little town?

Also, I have the same question I ask about most post-first-level campaigns, since I tend to play some kind of magic user -- are there any extra XP available to have been spent precrafting? (And, similarly, which of an artificer's earlier-level craft reserve points can be dedicated to his current gear?)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:18 am

I would love to play in an Eberron setting, I run the one game here, and one RL, so something special from me if there is opening. I'll take a back seat at first however, let some new folks have first picks.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:59 pm

Actually, the only "natives" to this town would be children at this point...its only been around for just over 3 years...;)

However, for differing reasons, your characters have all spent the winter/spring in this tiny town...and thus have become at least slightly involved with its operations.

Some might have served under Mercil in the war, came with him to Q'Barra, and helped build the settlement...

Some might have been running from something, and found a quiet little town to be to their liking...far enough away, to remain unseen

Many are displaced Cyrans...Several are soldiers from the war who needed a new struggle to fight...

In short, everyone came from somewhere else...for differing personal reasons, they left their old world behind, to take a chance in the New, Frontier World of Q'Barra.

As far as XP...I'll say that you needed it to reach 4th level, but if you're going with artificer, you can put the craft reserve points from 3rd level into a wondrous item...the points from 1st and 2nd were probably spent on scrolls and potions long since used...

I'm not real up on all the craft rules, so I may have to take a closer look.

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:50 pm

I'll join, with a goblin warlock, or possibly monk if we need another fighter type.

Do you have a specific way you would like the characters sent to you?

edit:Vow of Poverty yes/no?(it's in book of exalted deeds)

Chaotic good is an ok alignment, correct?
Last edited by AramilWindwalker on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.