New Eberron Campaign starting soon!!

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 pm

A cleric can do both!

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:10 pm

My last cleric got killed, but that was a Vardaen run RL campaign...and i was gonna ditch hi anyways but V still keeled him!

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:32 pm

Actually, the funny thing is, word doesn't work on my old PC anymore either, so notepad will probably be better...at least for now...

And, I agree with Aarimil, a cleric can do both!! Especially if created with that in mind...the domain options give them so much more flexibility in personalization...Three cheers for 3E er 3.5!!!

Say, is that normal word character sheet somewhere on the site for download?

maxwell_murderer137
Level 0
Level 0

Post by maxwell_murderer137 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:22 pm

yeah, Downloads>RPG stuff>3rd Edition> 3.5 d20 DOC Character Sheet

maxwell_murderer137
Level 0
Level 0

Post by maxwell_murderer137 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:36 am

Do you think it would be cool if my swashbuckler only had one hand? The other being rplaced with a tiny 1d4 spear like weapon as opposed to a hook?

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:37 pm

I'm NOT saying we (You and I sitting here in front of our computers) can't adapt and learn to overcome disabilities, just that it takes time...perhaps the time to learn a feat, would overcome most, if not all of the disadvantages, BUT...

I think the disadvantages of that would far out-weigth the advantages...I've never seen rules for missing limbs...there may be something out there?

But, it seems to me losing a hand might cause an armor check penalty... maybe even a charisma/reaction penalty...
a time penalty, or at least a balance check for certain normally "free" actions like ready/store a shield or donning/removing armor...
You'd have to use a special crossbow...probably no bow...only bucklers...

A dagger instead of a hand make swimming, climbing etc... especially difficult...

So, I'm not saying no, just that it might be tough...That's just my initial reaction, send me a private message, and we can talk about it :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:56 pm

I have rules for missing limbs... I'll find them and post them.

Its from the Swashbuckling Adventures d20 for 7th Sea, all sorts of pirate grafts I believe in it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Okay here it is, Right Click and Save As... this is 3 pages long so I wasn' going to type it out, but has rules for how to loose the limb, penalties for various losses, and rules for hooks, and other prostetics.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... bRules.pdf
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:53 am

for mountainviking's campaign, I can take the role of party face for you all, unless there is a dispute in the matter...

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:32 pm

thanks V!! Now, I'm curious about the called shots!!...those are feats??