Spingtime in the Endworld Mountains...

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:13 pm

Initiative: Eniallis 11; Bear 5; Smith 5; Kalagar 4; RD3 Andromodus 20; Herrik 11; Sorry for the confusion...I was waiting for a post from sidewinder, guess I'll go with his earlier idea...
The bear drops back down to all fours, ignoring the scentless construct, and charging forward after the little goblin. Eniallis sees his oppurtunity flashing through the trees and shoots a fiery ray, that strikes a bony plate on its hip, burning it black.
Bear scent: 19
R.Touch attack: 11+6 hit! 8 points of fire damage
But, the bear continues, moving surprisingly fast for its size, trotting up to Andromedus and pounding a massive paw into the little goblin's side. Ribs crack and blood flows as sharp, over-sized claws grab and pull him toward gaping jaws. The goblin's life flashes before his eyes, as he desperately twists away from the pain and the bear's enormous strength. Luck and determination save his hide for now, as he barely slips the creature's grasp.
Bear move and single attack: 20 hit 17pts damage OUCH Andromedus 9/26.
Free grapple attempt: Bear 3+16 Andromedus 19 -4 size + 6 action point; hope you don't mind;) If you only move on your next action, no AoO!
Smith pulls a small piece of rabbit fur from his belt pouch. The 'forged rubs it all over the ball of his mace, chanting magic words. He then charges forward, drawing the heavy weapon along the way. Flames burst from it as it settles into his hand. He steps over the smaller goblin, putting his armored body between the bear and Andromedus.

Kalagar's beer belly barely slows him down as he charges up to the edge of the woods. He raises his hands to the sky in a reverent gesture, calling upon the grace of his gods, "Bless all my friends, May their weapons strike true this day, may fear not eat away at their minds!"
All characters and construct have +1 attack and save vs. fear!!
Back to beginning of init order...I'll give Andromedus a bit to re-post if he chooses...I have a beer/music fest Sat-Sun...nedfest.com
Map: http://geocities.com/mountainvike/horri ... earing.htm

I guess I'll just NPC Smith until Rokku shows up...?

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:47 pm

Kalagar seeing the horrific wound inflicted on Andromedus and instantly loses "it" A snap in his protective psyche and he goes from hugable teady beart to roaring grizzly.
"Andrimedus! Get Back!" The words more a snarl and growl but are still intelligable. Kalagar raises his longsword above his head. His Body has changed slightly...okay not so slightly...Hisbeer belly is gone replaced by huge sections of tight muscle and Fur that has spread up his arms and neck..his Face elongates growing fangs and a snarling visage equal in menace to the Dire Bear. He Roars loudly..a Clear challange to the mighty bear..perhaps if one understood Bear he might be shouting. "Pick on Somone your own size! Lardbelly!"
I think you forgot my spirtual weapon's attack last round...for this round, Shift, Charge, Attack!

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:01 pm

if that other guy is in between me and the bear, than I don't think it can swing at me, but just to be safe...
The small goblin feels the crushing blow, but escapes from it's grasp. The construct now between him and the bear, he scoots back a decent distance(lets say 20 feet staight back), and fires another ray, using his practiced eye to ignore the problem that is his friend in the way as he traces the arcane patterns again.
unless he does still get an AoO, then scoot behind a tree about 20 feet away and hide, using the retreat action

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:16 pm

MV, I think you should start to use the current site convention for Initiative. When posting Initiative include the round number at the start, and place all those that have acted for that round, or will be acting in your post in italics. For example:

Round 4: Initiative: Wayloss 23, Wayloss's Spirit Longsword 23, Vardaen 15, Mountain Viking 9

That way we know we are waiting on Mountain Viking's post for round 4, and that Wayloss, his Sword, and Vardaen have all acted already for round 4. It helps to keep things straight.
Herrick curses as he watches Kalgar shift into his bear like form, the Shifter is a mighty ally but even still he can't face this alone toe to toe. "To arms! Surround our foe!" He drops his bow and begins to dart through the undergrowth toward the bear, as he does he draws his longsword from its sheath moving to come at the bear from its flank.
I suspect I can't reach it this round. So move and draw, attempting to get into a flanking position with Kalagar.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

sidewinder102
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sidewinder102 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:00 am

After firing the blast, Eniallis begins approach again and readies to make manifest another construct of the same design. Eniallis will wait for the current astral construct to be put out of action before fully assuming this next one.
Yeah, sorry I missed the post.... That's probably what I was going to do anyway though.

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:48 am

Silent but for the grinding of his own metal plates, Smith lashes out with his mace, determined to keep the monstrous bear's attention away from his comrades.
I'm back! GenCon rocked. Melee attack at +7 ^_^

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 pm

Cool! Init Rd 2: Sovereign Sword 4;
Init Rd 3: Andromodus 20; Herrik 11; Eniallis 11; Bear 5; Smith 5; Kalagar 4; Sovereign Sword 4
The sword of the Sovereign Host follows behind the raging bear, hovering over its broad shoulders. From time to time, it swings back, suddenly slamming forward into the bear's frame.
D'OH!!!! Sorry!! Spiritual Sword Attack rd2: 18 + 7 hit!! 2+1 damage
Andromedus' near death experience drives him into movement. With the 'forged as cover, he darts north 20 feet, escaping the bear's current reach. Without a moment's hesitation, he turns and fires another eldritch ray. The long hours of practice pay off, as a perfectly timed bolt shoots between his friends and slams once again into the bear's wide side, blackening yet another small portion of the beast's hide.
Um, yeah, with cover, no AoO :)
Rng Touch attk: 5 + 9 hit!! 4+1 damage
Eniallis' construct races up behind the bear, lowering its horn at the last second to slam into a bony rear hip. The beast's hide proves to be too strong, however, bouncing the small creature back a step. The psion scans the battle, considering his options, and whether more energy must be spent.
Construct attack: 14+3 miss Still 2 rounds left on the construct who still has 20 hp...
So, you withdraw from the init, and can re-enter it where you choose...
Herrick drops his shortbow and draws the longsword at his hip. He swings it overhead yelling, "To arms! Surround our foe!" Seeing the others already approaching, he steps forward with a mighty swing that whistles through the air, just past the beast's snout.
attk: 4+5 miss
Though obviously damaged, the horrible grizzly simply roars through its hunger and frustration. For a moment it looks to be rearing up on both legs, its long arms stretching out to either side. Suddenly, it reverses direction, throwing its massive weight forward, claws outstretched. The right one smashes right by Herrick's buckler, the bear's strength and weight simply more than he can divert. His arm is forced up against his chest, and the claws dig deep into that shoulder.

The larger, sturdier 'forged stands a bit better. His large steel shield takes some of the strength out of the bear's other blow, and it rakes across his adamantine hide without piercing. Then, when the creature's great, dripping jaws swing down to the left, they glance harmlessly off of Smith's armored hip. Seeing his chance, with the beast's mighty head hung low, Smith swings the flaming mace down hard on top of it with an audible crack. It stumbles, but does not fall.
Bear Morale: 18+
Claw at Herrick: 21 hit! 14 damage! Ouch!!
Claw At Smith: 19 miss!!; Bite at Smith: 13 miss!!
Mace: 17+7 hit!! 6+3+5fire = 14 damage
The suddenly sturdier, thicker Kalagar charges to battle, taking up position across from Herrick. A roar only slightly dwarfed by the bear's sounds from the depths of his lungs as he swings his longsword overhead. A random branch is cut from its tree, stealing all of the blade's momentum, which ends up glancing off of the bear's similarly thick hide. Overhead, the magic blade of the sovereign host swings once again to and fro, slightly biting through. The beast makes an unsteady step toward the bleeding Herrick, before finally falling forward, onto its face. A small pool of thick, black liquid slowly spills from its unconscious mouth.
Kalagar attk: 2+7 miss
Spiritual Sword: 16+7 hit!! 2+1 damage
map: http://geocities.com/mountainvike/horri ... earing.htm

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:02 pm

Kalagar smiles as his spiritual blade strikes down the bear and he stops looking over the group. His voice is gruff and slurred by his shifted state. He offers a prayer to the Soverign Host and looks to the group.
"Come to let me tend your wounds..."
Heal checks around, and an HP update so i can plan healing

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:41 pm

at 9/26, not feeling too good
Andromedus steps out from the trees to kalagar, pointing out the huge gash through his body, as if he couldn't already see it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:50 pm

Herick holds one hand over his huge claw wound, the many slashes from the single stroke blood rather heavily. He steps up onto the back of the bear. Standing atop it he turns around and places the tip of his sword at the base of its neck. With a grunt he drives the blade through the beast's spine making sure its dead. "Never assume your enemy if defeated until you have done it yourself General Killbush used to say." Herick then slides down from the bear leaning up against it. "I would welcome a blessing of the Soverign Host on me, Olandra's healing touch is a welcome relief." He sheaths his sword and awaits healing. "Smith, you and Enilias check out the bear's den, perhaps there is some evidence relating to our mission there while the rest of us are checked over by Kalagar." Herick's military mindset continues to show even if he's not the offical leader of this squad.
I'm down 14 and need it healed. Thanks
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring