Spingtime in the Endworld Mountains...

Eberron is a new world described as pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. With the Last War over, exploration and opportunity for adventure abounds. The newly formed Nation of Q'barra calls for those weary of the rest of Khorvaire. Do you answer?

Run by the DM MountainViking.
Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:13 pm

Smith watches impassively as Herick finishes the downed bear, then stows his mace and shield.

"That is a wise course of action, Lieutenant," says Smith, stowing his shield and mace, "I will begin the search immediately. Enilias?"

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:38 pm

Luckily, the bear only struck two of your party. Herrick and Andromedus' injuries are deep, multiple cuts that are bleeding freely when Kalagar starts his work. The shifter applies his craft well, and the two are soon well cleaned and bandaged.
Heal check 8+10 twice!! Andy is down 17...Herrick is down 14
Good move finishing the bear he was at zero!! :wink:
Smith and Eniallis move through the clearing and into the woods beyond. The large beast's tracks are easy enough to follow in the moist, spring earth. For quite some time they head into the woods. Eventually, the trail disapates as it moves up onto rockier ground, and the pair are left standing at the base of a large rock cliff, having found nothing more than scat and the furry scattered remains of one of the beast's meals.
Search 6+4 = 10; 7+4=11...nothing interesting found

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:13 pm

Grumble grumble, I lost a post cause of my network freeze up...
Herick sits with his back up against the flank of the great bear letting Kalagar do his work. He then thanks Kalagar, "Thank you friend, I know I have said this many times, but your healing hands would have come in handy during the Last War." He winces, perhaps from the bandaging of the Shifter, or perhaps fromt he memories of his homeland. He stands when finished and moves to the front of the bear where he kneels and draws a dagger. Cutting away one of the massive claws from the paw of the bear he takes himself a trophy. "Its too bad we can't send word back to town. The hide of this bear would make a fine rug or blanket for one of the less fortunate in town. The meat alone could feed half the town for a night at the very least." He stands up and streches, "When Smith returns we should be on our way." He paces silently around the bear once and then comes to stop next to the Shifter Cleric as he is finishing his bandaging on the goblin. With a quiet voice he lays a hand on Kalagar's shoulder and speaks into his ear, "I am still in much pain Priest and if the blessings of the Soveirgn Host see fit to tend to me, I would welcome one of your healing prayers." He squints looking around the glade, mainly searching the edge of the area for signs of the returning scouts.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:43 am

Kalagar attends first to the gravely injured Goblin warlock. He sees that his own bandages will work in the long run a devine healing is not out of the ordinary. He prays this time to Olindra of the host, calling upon her healing blessings He Works first on Andromedus A soft yellow nimbus incaseing them both and healing the wouldbe goblin warior.
Next he turns his blessings to Herrick the skilled soldier sees to be in less dire straights but still could benifit from olindra's blessings, and Kalagar calls for them mending his wounds too, checking to see that the other s are all set he sits down and looks through his pack for a tasty snack.
Cure Mod on andy, cure light on Herrick Spontaneously from Bull strength and Prot Evil

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:05 pm

The healing magics of the soveriegn host are gladly recieved. The soft glow is at once invigorating and soothing, as the deeper tissues grow back together, leaving only a portion of the wound behind. Still, long deep scabs remain on both Herrick and Andromedus.

The claw that Herrick collects as trophy is about the size of a dagger, without the hilt, and one of many on each paw. No wonder the gashes went so deep.
+7 hp to Herrick/still down 7; +12 hp to Andromedus/still down 5

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Herick, (Only one 'R' thank you) thanks the priest for his healing blessings and then tuck the bear claw away in his pack. "Once Smith and the others return we need to move out. Get yourselves ready, and lets move on, those missing might need us at anymoment, time is of the essense." Herick helps anyone else with whatever else they might need to do and then makes his way back to the main trail. "Scout!" He shouts like he's still in the army, "Recon the trail!" He turns looking back at the others and then remembers himself, and shakes his head, "Sorry about that..." a smile spreads on his face. "Someone want to scout the trail out like before?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Andromedus nods eagerly, ignoring his wounds completely, and waves his hands in such a way so as to say, "which way should I go?"

mountainviking
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mountainviking » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:27 pm

Andromedus begins scouting up the trail while Smith and the psion, Eniallis, return from their dead-end. From here the path rises steeply toward the mountain pass, up a rugged series of rocky switchbacks. The sun is high in the sky, but, already on its way down toward the western peaks. The party knows from experience, that this part of the road will take half a day at least, with no true camp sites along this steep portion. It has been a full day, and while no one is exhausted, everyone can feel the miles on their legs.

Andromedus meets the rest of the party on the trail and reports their position. The traditional campsite lies at the base of the switchbacks, sheltered by an old grove of trees, with soft pine nettle beds spread out among them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Spingtime in the Endworld Mountains...

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:01 am

"The campsite is near by is it not? We shall rest there, and continue on in the morning. We have no hope if we push on blindly in the dark. It will do no one any good if we get ourselves hurt or killed. I for one could use a rest, that bear took a lot out of me." Herick will make sure the group heads to the traditional campsite area. He keeps his bow out just in case, and expects that once there they can scout for clues, set up camp, set watches, and tend to the wounded a bit more before leaving at first light the next day.