A Soul of Thunder - Book of Air

The End is Near The city of Otosan Uchi hovers under eternal shadow. The Dark Lord, Fu Leng, has declared himself the immortal Emperor of Rokugan, and the Scorpion, Kachiko, rules at his side. The other Thunders are dead or scattered. Ikoma Ujiaki leads the Imperial Legions at the Dark Lord'€™s command. All that lives must bow down in fealty before him or be destroyed.

There is no hope. Jigoku has won. One thousand years of darkness begins.

Run by the GM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A Soul of Thunder - Book of Air

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:09 pm

The Second Day of Thunder - Spring of 1128, the 6th year of the rule of the Glorious Hantei the XXXIX

The armies of the clans gathered together at last to fight Fu Leng and the Shadowlands Horde, now firmly entrenched behind the walls of Otosan Uchi. As the winter gave way to spring, the Empire prepared itself for one last battle. Hanging in the balance: the fate of the entire world.

Tsuko's sacrifice had shown some of the Lion where their true path lay, but many of their number chose to obey their oaths, an allegiance they did not like but would fulfill nonetheless, and defend the imperial palace against Toturi's Army and the Thunders. To them, oath was a bond, never to be broken.

The Hooded Ronin was revealed as the descendant of Shinsei. Shinsei's unbroken line had preserved secrets of the battle against Fu Leng and of the thousand-year cycle that was ending. With the aid of Togashi Yokuni, the Hooded Ronin located and brought together all seven reincarnated Thunders.

The Naga fought and destroyed a sizable portion of the Shadowlands Horde on the outskirts of the capital using bows, their own pearl magic, and tactical guidance provided by Mirumoto Daini, a Dragon samurai sent by Toturi to the Naga years before.

The Elemental Masters fought against the insane Isawa Tsuke in a brutal series of magical battles. Tsuke's brutal firestorms removed many of the Phoenix shugenja from the assault on the capital and killed most of them. In the end, Tsuke was destroyed by Shiba Ujimitsu, the Phoenix daimyo, who died in the conflict. Of the Elemental Masters, only Tadaka lived - and Kaede, who remained missing.

Hida Yakamo faced the oni who bore his name, and a terrific battle ensued. Yakamo brutally struck the oni, but the spray of its corrupt blood temporarily blinded him. As the oni's weapon rose for a killing blow, Mirumoto Hitomi slayed the creature, saving her hated nemesis, if only for the day.

Just before the day's battle began, the mercenary daimyo Yoritomo met with the Seven Thunders at the war council. This time, instead of kneeling, he only demanded recognition as a Major Clan daimyo from Toturi and the Seven Thunders. Yakamo's laughs saved this tense moment, and Yoritomo's demand was granted - for if he helped save the day, he would have earned it, and if the day was lost, the title would be pointless.

The Unicorn battle maidens rode down Yogo Junzo's horde, killing the undead creatures Junzo commanded. Otaku Kamoko killed Junzo herself by trampling him with her mighty steed.

At the gates of the palace, the pro-Empire Lion fought the pro-Emperor Lion in a battle that quickly degenerated into a melee, with Lion killing Lion without thought to allegiance or goal. Toturi rode into the midst of the fray at the head of his troops, sword held high, and for a moment the chaotic Lion forces paused, waiting for an order - any order. Toturi wheeled his steed around and cried, "For Matsu Tsuko and for Rokugan!" and pointed his sword at the gates of Otosan Uchi. Thus he stopped the intra-clan battle and averted the total self-destruction of his former clan.

As the field of battle was at last won, the Seven Thunders, Togashi Yokuni, and the Hooded Ronin proceeded into the palace to hunt down and destroy Fu Leng.

In the throne room, Togashi Yokuni revealed that he was in fact Togashi, one of the original Kami who fell to earth and founded the Empire, and therefore brother to Fu Leng. Fu Leng mortally wounded Togashi, but before Togashi died, Mirumoto Hitomi, the Dragon Thunder, plunged her Obsidian Hand into Yokuni's chest and pulled forth his heart. She crushed it, taking its power as her own, and from the shriveled heart she pulled out the Twelfth Black Scroll, hidden in Togashi's heart for a thousand years.

Fu Leng laughed to see the Twelfth Black Scroll, since opening it would make him fully manifest in the world. But as Hitomi opened the scroll, the Hooded Ronin took great delight in informing Fu Leng that while he was now fully free, he was also one with the body he had possessed - and thus mortal.

At the end of the great battle that ensued, Toturi and Hoturi killed Fu Leng with a simultaneous strike of their ancestral swords, carrying the day.

Countless people died on that day. The dead included Doji Hoturi, Togashi, Yogo Junzo, four of the five Elemental masters, and thousands of clan samurai and ronin of greater or lesser repute.

So was the Day of Thunder recorded in the Miya Archives, but the fortunes play games with the universe and someplace in another realm, in a different Rokugan, the Day of Thunder went far differently. This is the tale of that unfortunate Rokugan, and the heros who would rise despite the shadow.
Last edited by Vardaen on Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:17 pm

The Second Day of Thunder - Spring 1128 the 6th year of the rule of the Glorious Hantei the XXXIX (Year One of Fu Lengs Rule)

Mirumoto Hitomi knelt over Togashi's body, heart pounding. She barely flinched as Kamoko hit the wall, knocked aside by a single blow from the Emperor. Yakamo and Tadaka charged next; she ignored the battle. Her right hand, the Obsidian Hand, moved of its own accord, fingers clenching over the fallen Kami's chest. The Hand seemed eager to taste his blood, to tear out his heart and rend the meat. She found the urge hard to resist. The Dragon Champion's helm was gone; his face was peaceful.

"Do it," Yokuni whispered. "Fulfill your destiny. Complete the riddle."

Hitomi paused, fingers hovering above Yokuni's heart. Her mind, usually clear and focused, filled with questions. Could she kill her own daimyo? Why should she not? This creature who had brought so much pain into her life, had sent her brother to his death so his precious Day of Thunder could continue as planned. Hitomi looked up at the battle. Hida Yakamo glanced back, looking at her with his black, pig-like eyes. He was not worth Satsu's life.

"My lord," Hitomi said, leaning low to whisper in Togashi Yokuni's ear. "There will be no more riddles. Live, and relish your failure."

Hitomi saw something in Yokuni's eyes at that moment that she had never seen before - surprise. With supreme satisfaction, she turned and left the throne room.

"Hitomi!" Toturi shouted as the Dragon exited. "Where are you going?"

"I told you," Hida Yakamo shouted, struggling as great chains of shadow bound him at Fu Leng's command. "I warned you not to trust her!" On the floor beside Yakamo, Isawa Tadaka's body lay smoking. Fu Leng had turned the Master of Earth's own purifying magic against his Tainted body.

The Emperor chuckled. "You may come to envy her, Thunders," he said. "She will be the only one who survives this day."

Toturi scowled as he drew his blade. "You are no Emperor!" Hoturi shouted in defiance.

"And you are no god," the Emperor said. "Fight me, and die."

"He is correct," the Hooded Ronin said quietly. "You cannot win; Hitomi has made her choice. The reign of darkness begins."

"No!" shouted Doji Hoturi.

The fallen Lion met his friend's gaze and nodded. Together, they charged. Toturi's blade swept cleanly through the Emperor's neck; Hoturi's pierced his heart.

The Emperor did not flinch. His head did not fall, but simply hovered above his neck. He filled the room with cackling laughter and buried his fist in Doji Hoturi's chest. With a backhand swipe, he knocked Toturi's katana from his hands.

"Thunders!" Toturi swore, staggering backwards.

At Toturi's side, the ravaged Master of Earth staggered to his feet. Yakamo stood beside them as well, shattered chains hanging from his wrists and ankles. "Well, general?" Yakamo asked. "What do we do now?"

"You run," Tadaka replied. "I die."

"Tadaka, what are you" was as far as Toturi got before the Master of Earth began his spell. With a brilliant explosion of energy, Tadaka consumed the throne room in fire.

"We are lost," Toturi whispered, backing into the hall.

"Not yet, general," Yakamo replied. Seizing the Black Lion by the arm, he turned and ran.

The Emperor's hand tightened about Bayushi Kachiko's throat. A savage grin spread across Fu Leng's features. In his other hand, he clutched the Twelfth Black Scroll, torn from Togashi's chest, firmly sealed. Black energy crackled in the wounds Toturi and Hoturi had given him. How had Yokuni expected them to fight something like this?

"A trap all along," he said, looking at the scroll with a bemused expression. "Amusing. . . " He looked into Kachiko's eyes. "Your plan failed. Shinsei chose his Thunders poorly."

Kachiko said nothing.

"Silent, for once?" Fu Leng laughed. "Togashi is dead. Soon, your Empire will be dead. You have lost. Isn't this where you try to insinuate yourself into the graces of the victor, as you always do?"

"Have you won?" she said hoarsely, meeting his stare.

Fu Leng frowned. "Is there any doubt?"

"Kill me, then," she spat in his face. "I would rather die than see the Empire ruled by you! You can destroy Rokugan, Fu Leng, but only an Emperor can rule it!"

Fu Leng sighed and released his grip. Kachiko crumpled to the floor in a heap. "How sad," he said, tucking the Black Scroll behind his obi. "Ever the manipulator, even with your death imminent. What do you hope to accomplish? Do you even know? Or are you simply hoping for the best?" '

Kachiko said nothing, but simply continued to stare into the Dark God's eyes.

"Fine, then," he said with a tolerant chuckle. "If all you wish is survival, then that is what I shall give you. I am, after all, a benevolent god, am I not?" His smile chilled her even more than his scowl. "You will serve me as you did before as Empress and concubine. I will rule Rokugan as Emperor. At my side you shall witness a thousand years of darkness." He knelt and pulled her closer, his breath cold upon her cheek. "You will remember that the Empire I create was fashioned at your request, and that when you had a chance to stop me. . . you failed."

With a shove, he pushed her away, leaving her alone in the throne room with the bodies of the fallen. Kachiko's fingers gingerly touched her sore throat. Tears ran down her cheeks. She had saved the Empire from outright destruction, but would rule by the dark god bring an even worse fate?

And so went the Day of Thunder as recorded in the Miya Archive. This is the glorious Rokugan we know, the Rokgan that is bathed within 1000 Years of Darkness. This is the tale of the pitifull men and woman who would call themselves heros and fight and die in a foolish rebellious war against the Glorious Emperor Hantei the 38th. - Miya Satoshi, Imperial Herald
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:36 pm

It soon became evident that not even the mighty Oracles of Light could stand against the Emperor's Legions. Those blasphemous worshipers of the Elemental Dragons soon met the Dark Lord's wrath!"

- Miya Satoshi, Imperial Herald, 1131 by the Isawa Calendar, the Ninth
Year of the Glorious Reign of Hantei XXXIX, Three Years Since the Day of Thunder.

At the second Day of Thunder, the Emerald Empire of Rokugan fell to the dark power of Fu Leng. The greatest heroes of the land marshaled their forces to kill the Dark Emperor. They had failed. Laughing, the dark god summoned forth demons known as Ashura from the deepest pits of Jigoku. They descended upon the forces of Rokugan like locusts, destroying everything they touched.

Kaede knew when she stepped forth to save the heroes of Rokugan that she had defied the rules that governed the Oracles of Light. Normally, such an act would have had terrible consequences, but with the Empire already consumed by chaos she hoped it would make little difference. Now, as she faced the leader of those heroes three years later, she knew she had made the right decision.

Akodo Toturi had changed very little, but the lines around his face were deeper and the look of his eyes spoke of a fatigue no man should endure. To her, however, his spirit shone as brilliantly as the sun. The flames within his soul burned so brightly that it seemed a miracle his flesh could contain them.

"It is good to see you once more, Kaede-san," Toturi said, a faint smile upon his lips. "I had thought perhaps you were lost to us."

"I was lost," she replied, "but not in the sense you mean. And now I have new purpose. You are the key to my quest."

Toturi shook his head. His dark eyes were like steel. "Now is not the time for riddles, Kaede. Are you here to aid us or not?"

"I have come to aid you, Toturi. But again, not in the way you think. You have spent the past two years leading your army through the mountains of Rokugan's western border, taking supplies where you can and striking out at whatever enemies are available. It is a meager existence, one unworthy of a man such as yourself."

"I have nothing," Toturi hissed. "If I attack with what I have, the only thing I achieve is a violent death for myself and my men. We shall end up serving Fu Leng as undead abominations, like Hoturi and Kamoko, or a slave to his influence like Kachiko. Such a fate is no better than surrender and surrender is unacceptable."

"I have brought you all you will need to fight " Kaede said."

Toturi frowned. "Weapons?"

Kaede smiled. "Of a sort yes." She gestured to the entrance to Toturi's ramshackle tent. The flap whipped aside as if by a strong wind and three figures strode in.

The first was by far the largest. As broad as two men a single fist glowing faintly with the luminescence of supernatural jade, the powerful warrior lay down a tetsubo the length of a normal man's entire body. The second was small and rail thin. His armor was blackened by soot and grease. His face was covered by an iron mempo.

"Toturi " the first man rumbled. "Still alive, neh?"

"Hida Yakamo " Toturi had risen from his seat. A grin slowly spread across his weathered features. "I thought you were dead my friend!"

"Bah!" roared Yakamo."You didn't think Fu Leng could stop me did you?"

"And you," Toturi turned to second figure. "You seem familiar. . . "

"I look much different, I suppose."

"Daidoji Uji!" exclaimed Toturi. "I thought there were no more Crane."

"You were right " Uji whispered. "My clan is dead. I live only to kill Doji Hoturi."

"I cannot believe this " Toturi said slumping back into his seat. "I thought all of you dead."

"There are many flames still burning within Rokugan " Kaede answered. "We must gather the flames together if we are to survive this winter. The Crane and Phoenix are dead, the Crab nearly so. The Naga are being exterminated. The Dragon are gone. The Unicorn have fled and the Lion and Scorpion serve Fu Leng willingly."

There was silence in the tent for a moment. Then Yakamo laughed.

"I do like a challenge!" he exclaimed. "When do we begin? "

It has been a week since the Oracle of Thunder arrived in Toturi's camp bring with her Hida Yakamo and Daidoji Uji the Last Crane. It is here that the story shall begin, and that those with a Soul of Thunder shall be put to the ultimate test.
Welcome to the KYD Legend of the Five Rings Game! Please refrain from posting just yet as I will be continuing the set in my next post. The previous posts are just to wet your appetite.

Vardaen-sama the 1st

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:18 pm

- 1131 by the Isawa Calendar, the Ninth Year of the Glorious Reign of Hantei XXXIX, Three Years Since the Day of Thunder.

Nestled in the western mountains of Rokugan a rag tag band of Samurai has struggled not only to survive but to fight against the horrors of Fu Leng's new Empire. Hope has slowly been fading as the empire has crumbled into darkness. A week ago those samurai that camp in the Seikitsu sano Yama no Oi, the Spine of the World Mountains, were given a boost to that fading hope in the living form of the new Oracle of Thunder, Kaede, formerly Master of the Void, and Oracle of Void. She has lost her ties to the Void Dragon and taken up a new role as the Thunder Dragon's mortal emissary on Rokugan. Rumors spread like a fire though Otosan Uchi at her arrival. With her came a dozen samurai, but two of them, thought long dead, have breathed new life in the collection of Ronin, Lion, Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and others that have followed The Black Lion Toturi since that fateful day three years ago.

Today Toturi has called together those that follow him in a small valley less than one hundred miles west of Duzaki Toshi, the former homes of the Utaku and Shinjo daimyos. (U19 On the map for those with the books) Standing tall atop a small outcropping of rock Toturi the Black Lion is flanked by two men. Neither of whom need introduction, for they are legends of their own time.

On the left stands Hida Yakamo, son of the Great Bear Hida Kisada, and Champion of the failing Crab Clan. He is a bear of a man much like his father. His hand was lost years again in the Battle of Beiden Pass when the crab attempted to sieze control of Rokugan during the Clan Wars. Today that hand is replaced by the shimmering Jade Hand, a great tool in the fight against the Shadowlands. In his other he holds his fathers jade studded tetsubo that has struck down hundreds if not thousands of Shadowland's beasts. With him has come a handful of Crab samuari and a Witch Hunter as well.

On Totuti's right is a slender man dressed in a deep blue kimono wearing an iron mempo. It is Daidoji Uji, the Daidoji Daimyo and The Last Crane. The crane have fallen to the last man and woman, slaughtered by the tainted Hoturi the Heartless, once the Champion of the Crane, and one of Shinsei's Seven Thunders and the Obsidian Magistrates that serve the Dark Lord. A few harriers under the training of the Iron Crane have come with him as well.

Toturi stands and lifts his voice to the assembled. The strong voice of the Black Lion carries through the valley, and even those at the rear can hear the fallen Akodo's words clearly. His words wash over the dozen of Dragon that have come following Togashi Mitsu, over the Lion that have kept to their oaths to the Empire and not the Emporer, including many of the ronin Akodo family, over the remains of the Isawa and Shiba that have cast off their family names to prevent their hunting by the Dark Elemental Masters, a dozen Moto of the Unicorn that remained behind when their clan road west over the mountains leaving Rokugan for the Burning Sands, over the countless ronin and minor clan samurai, and others who were fortunate enough to escape with Toturi including not a few ashigaru and budoka of the lower castes. "My fellow Rokugani! We have been blessed by a visit from the Oracle of Thunder Kaede. She has brought to us two heros of the Clan Wars that still fight against the Shadowlands. She has shone me that we are not alone in our struggles. The people of Rokugan still fights againt the courrpt Emperor in every corner of the Empire. Our struggle will continue to both liberate those pockets of resistance, and to cut down the agents of the Shadowlands where ever we travel. Take heart samurai, remember your honor, your duties, and remember that He can not break your spirit, he can not taint your soul if you keep hope in your heart, and your katana sharp!"

There is cheer that goes up from the crowd as Toturi is a powerful speaker (even if the GM isn't). Leading the cheer is a tired looking young man that is never seen to rest, always working as hard as he can, and living by the motto 'One man can make a difference." Toku hurries up and down the front line raising his katana into the air cheering, "Huzah! Huzah!" and the call is echoed a hundred times through the valley.

Toturi waves a hand and the collection of samurai that have become known as Toturi's Army draw silent. "We have work to do, and you all know what is expected of you. Many of you will go on to carry the fight to Yomi, the Blessed Realm of Ancestors, but we shall not give up. The old Clan enmity is dead and we shall use our combined strengths against their weakeness to prevail." Again a cheer goes up among the assembled as Toturi and his new command staff head down off the rock to speak among themselves formulating their next move.
Welcome to the game, players may pose in among the crowd. I will be sending a PM to each of you with some modivation, and other useful info for getting started.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:38 pm

Amongst the cheering masses of Toturi's followers stands one that makes no noise or shows any signs of excitement to these favorable tidings. His bald, and tattooed, head seems to stand out from the crowd around him, as does his lack of feverish cheering. He is Togashi Hidekazu, ise zumi, and one of the few Dragon to escape their fate with the Lying Darkness. Strangely, he wears a daisho at his side, his katana and wakazashi plainly available for everyone to see. Instead of wearing what might be considered traditional monk's robes, the man wears a simple traveling outfit with a pack fastened to his back. The young, and completely shaved, man simply watches the proceeding without any sort of emotion showing that the others around him so readily give.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:56 pm

Standing out among the Crab surrounding Hida Yakamo, Kuni Okakura makes quite a spectacle as compared to the heavily armored bushi he has fought with over the three years.

Draped in the dark blue robes common among his family even in these dark days, his face is concealed behind an iron mask, the left half of which smiles happily while the right cries. Framing his faux face is a kabuki wig, bright red in color as its strands jut out in all directions. At his side hangs his scroll satchel, while his wakazashi, symbol of his station, rests across the small of his back. Finally, in his hands rests a well-used ono, its cleaving blade chipped and streaked with the stains of blood and other less identifiable fluids.

Allowing his shielded gaze to fall over the crud as the Black Lion speaks, he wonders how many of these have truly been tested by the power of the Dark Emperor and how quickly they would submit to its false allure.

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Among the crowd is also a petite, yet beautiful, scorpion woman. She wears today, as she has since the turn of the scorpion to fu leng's minions, instead of her normal black and mauve kimono, one of a more muted brown, and of simple construction. Her eyes, peircing and shining, along with her hair, which is up in a bun held together by some fancy looking lockpicks, reveal to a more seasoned adventurer that she is more than just an average ronin, but one of the daring and seductive members of the scorpion school of the saboteurs. She is Bayushi Ijiko, who has sworn to try to free the scorpion from the evil clutches of the shadowlands and the tainted ruler of this land. She wears her daisho hidden beneath her kimono, yet easily accessable if the need arises. she carries also an innocent looking fan, which is actually a Tessen, and although she has no training with it, her natural grace is all she hopes she needs to wield it. Her mask is off, as she needs it off to hide her identity as a scorpion, and instead wears a coat of white face powder with blush and other touches, enough to conceal her more noticable features. She does her best to blend in, cheering with the crowd and otherwise making herself unnoticed.

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:38 am

Finally, thinks one of many brown-armored warriors, we return to the fight!

The young man looks up at Toturi as if he were looking into the face of Amaterasu herself. To any but the most attentive he would not stand out -- not for his coarse, rugged appearance, not for his shaggy black hair, or even for his thick sideburns -- but he wears two mon upon his shoulder. One is seen throughout the camp. It is the Wolf, symbol of Toturi the Black. The other is one many within the army might wear, were they more bold or perhaps, more foolish.

It is the mon of the Akodo family, and he wears it with unshakeable pride.

He is Rokku, born of the Akodo but now of no house, and as Toturi finishes his speech he joins the Lion and former Lion amongst the Army in a thunderous roar of approval.

As the roar of the crowd echoes through the back of his skull, he has only one thought.

We're coming, Ujiaki. And when we come, I'll send you to jigoku myself.

Pyran
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pyran » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:43 pm

Being used to working alone or in a small group, Noboru is uncomfortable at such a large gathering and stands at the edge of the crowd. An intense man, Noboru carries himself with a scholarly air. Everything on him is neat and in its place, from his simple kimono to his long hair tied in a pony tail. His appearance hides the wear of a life long battle against the Shadowlands, from his days as a Phoenix accompanying the Crab Witch Hunters until now.

He had been asked to come so here he is. Noboru is impressed with Toturi, the man gives them hope. Let's hope he's more sucessful with this army than the last one he gathered.

Surveying those at the gathering he sees some Crabs, former Dragons and Lions, but no Cranes or Phoenix. Maybe Fu Leng has something against birds. Noburo chuckles at the thought.

Noboru had, ofcourse seen some former Phoenix. They should of have listened to him and his father's warnings. This is the price they pay for their arrogance.

Noboru's thoughts wanders to this father and what the old shugenja used to say.

In darkness, a spark of hope.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:34 pm

After a while the army begins to break up, samurai heading back to their stations on patrol around the vale. Others return to their posts inside the camp working with repairing armor or sharpening spears, or making arrows. The camp has been in this location now for a nearly a month and things have settled down compared to the crazied marches of the previous year as Toturi out maneuvered Ikoma Ujiaki, Fu Leng's Rikugunshokan, or General, and Champion of the now tainted Lion Clan. As the samurai return to their tents or their posts, some are called away to speak to various Taisa or Chui, the captains and lieutenats of the army.

That same man that had been seen running the line encouraging the others begins to make his way among the dispersing crowd. Toku is tierless and as he reaches one samurai delivering orders before moving on to another. The samurai stops to speak with a young ronin who bears both the wolf mon and the Akodo family mon. "Rokku-san is it not? You are wanted in the war room. Toturi-sama has requested you personally." Toku bows and has no time for pleasantries as he hurries off to find another.

Toku reaches another ronin, this one a pale faced woman. "Ijiko-chan," Toku begins in a familar tone. For this is the third time the two have spoken. Toku has in the past made excuses to speak with the beautiful ronin woman about things as varried as swordplay to oragami folding. Today however he is not here for pleasantries, "The Black Lion has asked I find a skilled harrier for a special task. I could think of no one better than yourself. If you would see him in the war room at once please." He bows looking at the powdered face of the samurai-ko almost a touch too long, but he knows his duty and hurries off running aming the soliders.

He arrives at the fringe where a strangely tatooed man stands. He bows when he nears the strange monk who bares a daisho. "You are Togashi Hidekazu-san, there is no mistake in this I am sure. I am Toku, we have not had the joy of meeting yet, but you have caught the eye of Lord Toturi-sama. He would speak to you of an important task that must be done. Your special, talents, he thought might be of paramount useage." He points to a large tent and smiles, "Please, at once head to the war room to speak to him." Toku then offers a folded hand and a quick bow before racing off again.

With sweat on his brow he reaches the far side of the gathering, he slows down growing only slightly tired from the wild tsu fish chase he's been on. "I seek Noburo-san, a Ronin Shugenja ." Someone points past a few others, "Over there Toku-sama." "Arigato", Toku replies as he moves and finds the former Isawa on the edge of those gathered. "You are Noburo-san I presume?" He notices the scroll satchel and is positve he has the right man buy the destription of the well grooming he was given. "Blessed one, the Black Lion seeks those with whom have knowledge of the Kami, and you are known to speak to them. They say you also have worked with Witch Hunters in the past, this will be of great help in the mission that Toturi-sama has begun to plan. Would you please, at once, go and speak to him in the war room." Toku bows and ticks off on his fingers, "Ichi, Ni, San, Yon...that's all of them." He smiles and bows before racing off on some other errand for The Black Lion. Toku's work is never done.

Back with the command staff, stands a very obvious Witch Hunter, his Kabuki mask, his wild wig, and his scroll satchel are very clear signs that this man is a hunter of the tainted. Toturi has taken Daidoji Uji into the war room, which is simply a large tent where Toturi both works and sleeps. While outside the tent stands Hida Yakamo with the collected crab that he brought with him. When Yakamo speaks, the Crab listen, for he is a Thunderer, the bearer of the Jade Hand, now the Daimyo, with the passing of his father, of the Crab, and what is left of them fight on fiercly but each day they grow nearer to extinction. "The Black Lion has already set into motion several plans from the information we have brought him. Your service has been worthy of the Crab, but the fight it just begining. Kuni Okakura-san, come with me inside, Toturi has asked that we help in one of his missions, and I have agreed, obviously. That is why we are here. The rest of you, get some rest, you will need it." Yakamo lifts the Jade Hand and pulls back the flap of the tent heading inside, expecting no comments from his samurai.