A Soul of Thunder - Book of Air

The End is Near The city of Otosan Uchi hovers under eternal shadow. The Dark Lord, Fu Leng, has declared himself the immortal Emperor of Rokugan, and the Scorpion, Kachiko, rules at his side. The other Thunders are dead or scattered. Ikoma Ujiaki leads the Imperial Legions at the Dark Lord'€™s command. All that lives must bow down in fealty before him or be destroyed.

There is no hope. Jigoku has won. One thousand years of darkness begins.

Run by the GM Vardaen.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Corpse

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:35 pm

The woman is indeed dead, stabbed through the throat by a tanto of the bakemono. The peasant woman's death is not too suprising considering the Rokugan that you live in today. Such tragic and senseless killings happen every day in Fu Leng's Rokugan. The darkness of the Shadowlands has spread to every corner of the Empire and very few points of light still remain to light the way for those with honor and courage.

The group is gathered around the wounded Rokku, the wave man is in no shape to travel further today, perhaps it would be wise to send the evening and night here. Then again, the escaped bakemono might bring more trouble down on you if you stayed here.
People remember the 3 day posting rule. Why is it the L5R games are awlays so slow? Please everyone try and post quickly to this thread so I can get one more in before I leave. If people are no longer interested in this game let me know. I would rather run a small active game than a large inactive one.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Pyran
Level 3
Level 3

Re: A Soul of Thunder - Book of Air

Post by Pyran » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:57 am

Noburo is disappointed that his healing did not do enough to help Rokku. He lets out a sigh, realizing that he should of spent more time mastering prayers from the Water element. Seeing the need to move away from the immediate area, Noburo once more prays to the water kami to impart healing upon Rokku
standard: Path to Inner Peace. TN: 10 + Mastery Level (1) x 5 + 5 = 20
Casting: Ring + Rank + 1 Void = 4k3

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Water Kami

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:19 am

Noburo wishes that he studied the water kami more, and that wish is something that he will need to consider for more than just now. His attunement with the Fire Kami is much greater than that of any of the others, and the water kami are not fond of the fire kami. As he calls to them again to heal Rokku he can feel the water kami in the rice paddies, they are angry as the filth that has infected them, angry at the taint that lingers on the land, and they are angry that one so used to speaking to the fire would call on them again. They refuse to aid Noburo and the former Isawa's spell fails to appease them. There is no further healing for Rokku.
4k3, 3rd and final Void Point spent for the day. 7 1 5 1 = 13 Failure! Last Water Spell cast for the day as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Pyran
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Water Kami

Post by Pyran » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Noburo is angry at his failure to command the water kami. Quickly rolling up the scroll, snapping the scroll case close and slaming it back into storage.

Looking around to survey the scene before him, "We need to move away from this area, the stench of death will attract all maners of beasts."

"Ijiko-san, scout a bit ahead of us for some suitable concealed spot to rest. Hidekazu-san, please help me carry Rokku-san."

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:42 pm

Ijiko nods solemnly and heads off in whatever direction she was directed to scout. She does her best to blend into the shadows of the lands as her clan has for years before finally joining with it. She searches ahead for any good place to rest that is decently hidden and/or easily protectable.
stealth skill

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:30 am

Alright I'm back from my wedding/honeymoon. I was hoping there would be more posts here on my return, at least a few chatting posts. Since my last post only Pyran and Aramil have posted. Rokku where are you? Does anyone know if he's still around or did he drop out? Now that I'm back I expect to inforce the 3 day rule on this game as I've notice that even before this players have a tendancy to drag their feet on this game. I'm hoping there is still plenty of excitment for this game.
The Scorpion woman nods to the leader of this collection of samurai and continues down the road seeking a place to rest. Ijiko-san ranges out ahead for an hour before she finds a place that might provide some shelter from the weather, and more importantly from prying eyes of the agents of the Shadowlands. A small stable building set some way off the side of the road is the new haven for the four. The Isawa Ronin and the Dragon Monk moves following Ijiko as best as they can with the once Akodo in thier arms. The former Lion has fallen into a comatose state making it hard to transport him. His wounds have knocked him out, and he has become dead weight to the two. However after an hour they have the help of the Scorpion samurai-ko as she returns and directs them into the stable. The small building once housed a few work ponies that the farmers used, now it sits empty, the horses killed along ago, and the farmers not long afterwards. The building is simple enough, two stalls, some old farms tools and plenty of musty rotting hay. Rokku groans as he is placed in one of the stalls, the ocomodations far below the stature of a noble samurai, but thes are black days in Rokugan and no one would dare complain. He wakes as the other three stand together, talking about what to do next.

AramilWindwalker
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AramilWindwalker » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:07 am

Ijiko looks at the wounds of the noble Samurai and his accomadations,and is disgusted by the condition of both, and at the same time, a cool, calm expression pierces her visage.

"I'm sorry I could not find better, and may the great Kami heal your wounds."

She then takes to herself in a corner, staring off pensively into space.

Rokku
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rokku » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:14 am

I'm pulling out of this game, sorry guys.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:27 am

Hidekazu looks from left to right. "We cannot make good time with an injured traveller." His hands are tucked into the opposite sleeve, looking over the two standing nearby. "Perhaps you should pray to the kami again? We need to be on our way soon, or decide to rest another day for Rokku."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Rokku has been brought into the old stable and laid down in one of the stalls. Before the Day of Thunder such an act for a samurai would have been an insult, these days its a comfort to just be indoors. The Lion Ronin has begun to sweat and shiver since being moved, his wounds are already beinging to become infected. The disease and taint of the Shadowlands is everyplace, and while the land itself is not twisted like the Shadowlands itself, the lingering taint has spread to most of Rokugan. Some of Rokku's wounds were made with the claws of the Bakemono, and the dirty filthy claws of the goblins may carry something sinister and unknown. Shaking as if cold, the feverous ronin looks up at the group, "I shall be fine, a bit of sleep, and we can leave tomorrow. I will not slow us down. Just need a drink of water and something to eat and I'll be fine." He smiles meakly, like man that knows he's lieing, and its obvious that he is, but does so none the less.
Sorry to see you go Rokku. I will be RPing Rokku for a time now. We are back on hte 3 day posting time, so lets get this game moving, so many fun things to be had!