Chapter 1: The Heart of the True World

Across the distant sea west of Zakhara lies a verdant jungle much like that of Mahasarpa, yet very different. The native people face their own struggles and have their own heros in this Mezo-American themed campaign.(A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Healing!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:59 am

Ix-Tub-Tun has little option, he continues his withdraw, now however a little more swiftly as he races south and west to get clear of all the enemies. As he moves he draws from around his neck one of the many Hishna talismans. As he moves he grasps for a small amulet of snakes scales. Two large scaled sewn together to form a pouch, stuffed with herbs, bird shells, and rare earth he prepaires to unleash his Hishna. Holding the talisman in on hand tightly he recites several words of power, calling out to the regenerative powers of the serpent, he who sheds his skin and lives on stronger and larger. "Great Feathered Serpent! Shed my skin, and replace it with healthy skin!"
Using my Cure Light Wound Talisman on myself. UMD +14 cause its a Talisman. DC 21 I think. I'll Take Ten if I can.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: Healing!

Post by Wayloss » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:50 am

Initiative: Huitz 22; Tiamac 19 Dhilian 15; Warriors 10; Ix-Tub-Tun 0
Ix-Tub-Tun races away from the combat ending up directly behind Huitz. He draws forth his talisman, calling unusually for him upon the Feathered Serpent - Quotal who is more likely to heal him then the hishna force of Zaltec - the Great Serpent. He chants the words en scribed on the Talisman, and almost misses the last word, but manages to catch himself and the totem is consumed in white fire and vanishes. A cool and refreshing breeze flows across the shattered village and the two wounds on his chest and stomach close and cease to hurt.
Moved you 15 to safely behind Huitz! UMD to cast Talisman DC 21 14 +4 =18, Action point 5 =23 Success.

Heal 7 HP now 9/14

If I forgot to tell everyone in game you have 4 Action points that work exactly like AP's in Ebberon, declare before hand if you will use one to add d6 to your d20 roll they re-fill when you level. as an essential part of Artificer balancing and the harsh nature of combat in this land I thought it appropriate.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:52 pm

*** Hoot ***

An owl calls out from the confines of the trees high above, watching the battle rage below with its big and all knowing eyes.

Huitzilopochtli grabs his maca with both hands, idly waiting for the pig man to grow closer after it rips itself out of the vines. "The Night Owl is awoken," he says, though no one might know what that means. "And awoken to late to aid in the spotting of these vile, and ugly beasts!" He frowns, "I will have to have a talk with you ..."

The druid seems rather distracted, and partially turns, about to strike Ix-Tub-Tun. His maca does not raise, however, as he quickly spots that the man behind him is only cowering for protection. "Yes, come to Huitzilopochtli, I shall save you!" Immediately his eyes flash back toward the oncoming pig man, and this time his maca does raise, and Huitzilopochtli swings with both hands around his weapon in an attempt to finish of the already wounded creature.
2 handed
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WANNA_bee
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WANNA_bee » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:08 pm

The loss of blood and the tiredness of the journey pushes the warrior Tiamac to his limits, but he hasn't traveled all this way to be slain by some ugly pig faced monsters.

With a strong, double handed grab on his maca that makes his knuckles turn white, and a war cry to Zaltec, he swings the deadly weapon towards the nearest savage with all his might!
Power Attack: -2 attack, +2 damage

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Round 3

Post by Wayloss » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:52 am

Huitzilopochtli taunts the pig faced creature that has broken free of it's vines, even as he does so he spins his maca confusing the creature for a moment. he slides the club low and to his right and cuts sideways with his maca, the obsidian chips slice through the monster's belly and it staggers backwards and falls to the ground!
Attack 2 handed, Natural 20 Critical threat, 5 + 4 = 9 Non Critical, Damage 5 DEAD!
Tiamac screams to Zaltec, asking the Great serpent to aid him. He drops the maca low to the ground and swings it upwards catching the surprised creature with it's shield out of possiton. The maca cuts deep into the pelvis and rips a gout of blood sprays out, the beast falls back and doesn't move.
Attack 2 handed 8 +18 =26 Damage 12 Dead!

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Round 3

Post by Bitom » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:16 am

Once again, two of the large arrows arch out of the concealing underbrush, headed for the warrior who remains to face Tiamac.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Round 3

Post by Wayloss » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Sorry about the Delay, thanks to IRC program for logging my rolls, otherwise I would be lost!
Dhilian, show's himself, though only barely, Tiamac can see the strange short humanoid emerge briefly form the brush, In rapid succession he fires off two small sized javelins much like the "Arrows" seen before, this time the distance does not prevent him from being true. The first off the javelins catches the back of the creature's shoulder. It grunt's and turns around to catch the second of the javelins in the chest. with a surprised look on its face it slowly sinks to the ground, and doesn't move.

The biggest of the pig faced creature's struggles with a mighty roar against the binds that hold it, yet amazingly they don't release him. His headdress weaves back and forth but he remains firmly held.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:54 am

Ix-Tub-Tun has healed himself, and finally joins the actual fighting. He steps to the east a few feet to get a clear shot south at the large pig-man. His hoists a javelin off his back and launches it at the held beast hoping its an easy target. He doesn't bother with his Hishna, not at this point, and a simple sticking of the pig should do.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Ix-Tub-Tun is no warrior, and he makes it crystal clear. he draws off his javelin. He hefts it back over his shoulder he brings his arm forward and the Javelin soars through the air but flies past the restrained pig-like creature.

From down the beach another person approaches.
Welcome Manatee!

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:44 pm

The halfling slides back into the cover of the underbrush and is (hopefully) gone from sight once more, not that anyone's looking in that direction anymore.
Full double move action to the east, hoping to retrieve those first two missed javelins sometime next round.