Chapter 1: The Heart of the True World

Across the distant sea west of Zakhara lies a verdant jungle much like that of Mahasarpa, yet very different. The native people face their own struggles and have their own heros in this Mezo-American themed campaign.(A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Round 3

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:33 pm

The owl hoots again, loudly, as another person arrives. Certainly it is strange that the owl would be out in broad daylight. Huitzilopochtli watches the javelin fly and miss, and in response he simply rolls his eyes. 'œDo you have another javelin,' he asks, looking over his shoulder, 'œMaybe you should let me throw it?' He fingers his maca but does not rush forward, 'œThe underbrush will take hold of anyone who gets near. If advantage serves, we should continue to hit the beast from afar until it either breaks free or the underbrush returns to normality.' Huitzilopochtli simply stands there waiting.
Delay until after 06
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WANNA_bee
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Round 3

Post by WANNA_bee » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:02 am

Tiamac would have rushed into the unnatural underbrush with his bloodlust to slay the pig creature, if it was not for the comment of the young hermit; But now, the warrior instead reaches over his shoulder and grabs his bow in order to bring down the remaining enemy from afar. He quickly places an arrow, and lets it fly.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Round 4

Post by Wayloss » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:04 am

Initiative: Huitz 22; Tiamac 19 Dhilian 15; Warriors 10; Tuucha 6; Ix-Tub-Tun 0
Tiamac the warrior recognizes the advantage of the entangling vegetation, and wisely rests his maca, drawing his bow instead. He hoists a slim obsidian tipped arrow from his quiver and takes aim at the entangled beast. But his blood soaked fingers betray him and the arrow goes wide of the mark.
Attack 4 + 4 = 8 Miss
Dhilian quickly hides into the underbrush, again disappearing from sight.

The monster held tightly in the vines roars in frustrations, Desperately heaving against it's binds, the vile looking club in it's hands stained a dull brown with old blood. Never has it been so tightly restricted.

manatee
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Round 4

Post by manatee » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:26 am

Lithely walking into the area from a small path, there is a marked look of frustration on the newcomer's face. There are, however, more immediate concerns at hand.

He carefully considers each of the remaining humans as he approaches, signalling as best he can that he is not an additional threat and showing that he is unarmed except for his walking stick. He calls out in what he assumes would be a likely dialect for them to understand, "Don't shoot! I mean no harm. I am searching for the village of Nixula! Nixula!"

He's sure that they will at least understand the name of the decimated village, and approaches the nearest to give any possible aid in their bleeding condition while keeping an eye on the restrained pig creature.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:47 am

Ix-Tub-Tun glances only momentarly at the new arrival but keeps his focus on the pig man and Huitzilopochtli. "Here!" He draws a javelin from his back and tosses it underhand and side ways to the man, "You are a better shot than I am, I have one more as well." After tossing it to Huitzilopochtli he draws another ready to give that one to him as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:53 am

Actually, I was up after the pig-guys, but they didn't escape, so I didn't do anything. Remember, I delayed. This next post is occurring at the beginning of next round.
Huitzilopochtli grabs the javelin and nods silently. He seems to be very accepting of the fact that he is indeed superior to Ix-Tub-Tun. Looking over the javelin quickly, he shakes the weapon in his hand, getting a feel for the weight and balance. After sufficient readiness has been mastered, the strange man hefts the weapon into the air toward the remaining pig-man caught in the clutches of nature's grasp.
Throwing javelin at 06

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

End of Combat

Post by Wayloss » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:12 pm

Initiative: Huitz 22; Tiamac 19 Dhilian 15; Warriors 10; Tuucha 6; Ix-Tub-Tun 0
Huit'z takes the offered javelin hefting it carefully he throws it with great force towards the last of the trapped creatures. A poor shot it is, but it is ultimately lethal. The sharp obsidian point strikes deep into meaty thigh of the creature. Blood wells up and the creature sways from side to side, and falls down into the vegetation that will last for another minute at least.
Attack 12 Hit Damage 5, Dead
Tuucha slows his walk making it clear to the people here that he means no harm, the battle is over. It should be clear even to the most bloodthirsty of them they have prevailed, and who their enemies are at this time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: End of Combat

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:57 pm

Ix-Tub-Tun spins on the new commer Tuucha, his javelin poised to strike, but when he sees its just a man and not a pig-man he doesn't throw. The Hishnashaper scowls looking around at the carnage of the battle field, "What in Zaltec's name is going on here!" He demands answers from those here, slamming a fist into the side of a hut. The man is clearly angry. He moves to where the plants writhe and twist, and once they are finished and no threat he will collect his javelins, and then stoop to examin the bodies of those there were trapped.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

manatee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by manatee » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:08 pm

Tuucha looks compassionately toward Ix-Tub-Tun leaning forward on his staff and says, "I have been travelling for many weeks to reach the village of Nixula, and it seems I found it too late. What happened here is unfortunate, but perhaps a day comes soon when this will never happen again. From the pain in your eyes, I take it this was your home...? Who were these creatures? Are they responsible for this damage?"
Edit this out if I'm wrong, but we post in opposite order of initiative, yes?
Nope you are free to post in any order once combat is finished. this is all free RP now.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:05 am

Huitzilopochtli looks around idly, 'œAre they all dead?' He pauses, 'œDid I actually kill them all?' He starts laughing and shaking his head. 'œWhat a pity.' The man takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. The strange Huitzilopochtli then begins singing a victory chant as he dances about, hopping on one leg at a time and making a complete circle with his dance. He is finished within several minutes and looks over the others to see what they will do.