Season 1: Episode 1 - Meetings and Mission

Some say it's cultists. Some say it's mass hysteria. Some say it's Magic. Most say it's nothing.

Whatever it is, the city has too much of it, and it's your job to investigate it.
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Coroner Report

Post by od » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:54 am

When the report reaches him Jeffery begins lookign through it like everyone else. The astute observer will notice, however, that JEffery spends most of his time not on the summary page but instead on the large number of detailed pages, that contained stranged names of muscles, ligaments, and a slew of other items that make little to no sense to the average person.
Satisfied, he then passes the item on after scribbling down jsut one small line in his notebook.
Alright James, Jeffery is looking for the details: angle of the cut, if the coroner's conclusions match the data, if a full autopsy was performed, what chemicals were in the victims blood, etc. The one thing he writes down is where the body currently is city morgue or funeral palor.
Jeffery Scott

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:51 am

Taking a short time to examine the photos as they are passed around, Blaine furrows his brow, indicating that something just doesn't seem right to him.

"I'd agree that there are some things that just don't add up, Detective. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that the victim was killed somewhere else, then hung there on the church door?"

Blaine waits for even the slightest bit of acknowledgement, then continues...

"Well... why exsanguinate a body by hanging it upside-down only to move it to another location and hang it in the same way? Was the conclusion - as to the transport of the body - drawn as a result of a lack of blood at the foot of the door? ... If it is, then you'd have to consider that the blood may have been collected, perhaps to be used in a ritual of some sort."

Blaine pauses briefly.

If this wasn't such a disgusting subject, I'd expect to hear some laughter. Of course, I don't really expect much amusement about anything from this bunch of stuffed shirts! I'd be laughing myself, but I know that, as ridiculous as blood rituals may be, zealous cultists, willing to kill for their preferred results, are far too dangerous to take lightly!

"I'm just not sure why anyone would have hung a body upside-down and drained it only to move it and hang it again... unless they were trying to make sort of religious statement. But if that were the case, from a psychological standpoint, I would think that the more blood visible, the more grisly the scene; The more grisly the scene, the more frightening the statement would be; The more frightening the statement, the greater the impact on the target audience!"

"If the CSI and coroner's conclusions are correct, then I'm more inclined to believe we're dealing with a deadly cult of rank amateurs!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 am

Williams considers Blaine's words. "The body was found hung upside down, that's fact, and the abrasions on the wrists and ankles indicate that it was also hung upside down during the blood letting. What we might conisder is where is the blood now? Perhaps the the purpose was to collect the blood? And the nailling to..." he glances at the preacher in the room, "...that church door was just like some warning notice." He seems the least creaped out by this whole thing. Maybe it's his years on the force, or his jaded life outlook, but there is little sign of this bothering him as it bothers so many of the others in the room.

He gathers up the pictures once everyone has had their look at them. "Anyone else have anything to add?" He glances at Roberts wondering if the officer has anything else to add.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:09 am

Boyle has kept quiet up until now, but although he isn't really part of the group, he's present, and decides to speak up after Blaine's statement. "Since we've no reports of bodies turning up this way, I'm guessing that they are definatly new to the process. I, for one, don't want to give them the chance to perfect their technique."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:45 am

Hajos looks between the discussing group as they all attempt to figure what might be behind the incident. Slowly the elderly man begins to rub his temples as he listens to what all has to say, and slowly he lets it sink in to his mind.

...they will think I am insane for saying this...

As a moment of silence passes, Hajos takes his chance to speak again.

"I would have to say that because of the position of the victim, being upside down, arms stretched out and upon a church, that....that..."

The man silences and gives a faint smile towards the priest of the room, before he continues.

"...it might be the mocking of God, or rather made as a statement that God has no power. And I would not agree with the fact that they are amateurs. Consider the fact that we all sit here to solve this case...if they were amateurs, then they would be locked away by now..."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:46 am

As the others continue to talk, Cliff looks back over his hastily scrawled notes, rustling paper as he does so.

He seems to be ignoring most of what else goes on, though as certain people speak about certain things, he obviously takes some notes about relevant points.

He continues flipping through his notes, while waiting for something to strike him.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Coroner Report ... Still trying to sort things out...

Post by Geist » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:03 pm

"I said that that was a possibility. Besides, the fact that they're still at large only suggests that they might not be amateur criminals. What I was trying to get at - being as polite as possible to Det. Williams, and his fellow professionals in CSI, was that just because there was little blood at the scene, doesn't mean that the murder, and exsanguination, was committed in another place. And just because the abrasions on the ankles are deeper doesn't mean that the victim was bled while she hung in this other place! Detective Williams didn't firmly answer my question, so I'm going to have to assume that either we're not being told everything - which makes more sense right now - or all the facts are in and what we have is a dead girl, these pictures and a bunch of educated guesses!"

Blaine, looks generally annoyed, but more with this enigma that they all face than with anyone in the room. He starts in again... this time beginning with a rifling of questions, one after the other.

"What do we know about this church where the body was found? Why were they sending a message there? If the body was bled dry elsewhere, why dump the body in such a complex time-consuming fashion? Now I know that I'm just pissing people off with that question, but I'm still trying to understand how this all seems to fit together. It's bugging the hell out of me! ...If I were the head of an incredibly cocky cult like this one, I'd want her bled right there at the church door! Nothing would say "Your God has no power!" like performing a dark blood-letting ritual on the doorstep! ... Come on! There has to be more to this than what we're looking at!"

Addressing Detective Williams himself, Blaine looks apologetic, but firm.

"Look Detective, we all know it wasn't you who invited us, but if you have anything that you're not telling us, now would be the time to come clean!"

He pauses... a bit pink in the face. "Uhm... I can't believe I just said that to a cop. Ah... you guys go ahead. I'm just gonna sit here all embarassed and shit."

WorldEater
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Coroner Report ... Still trying to sort things out...

Post by WorldEater » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:37 pm

Geist wrote:He pauses... a bit pink in the face. "Uhm... I can't believe I just said that to a cop. Ah... you guys go ahead. I'm just gonna sit here all embarassed and shit."
Robert grins and looks down at Blaine, pointing at his recording device.

"Did you get that last bit on your little gizmo? Will that make it in your article?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:01 pm

OOC: at this juncture, the ST would like to point out that the full coronor's report is sitting on the table and that what has been stated are his conclusions. The ST is not a medical examiner, nor, to his knowledge, are his players. Therefore I hope that nobody is expecting a detailed description of the body, angle of cuts, blood toxicity, and all the hundreds of factors that lead a coronor to the conclusion that the Detective has sighted.

Also. The most recent possible time of death is 12 hours before the discovery, as stated in the report. The body was NOT on the church door as people drove home from work in the 5-6PM hour.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:19 pm

Jeffery looks aroudn the room a tthe group of proffessional crime solvers and the few amauters spouting out thier ideas. Signing he once again speaks up, "If I might be so bold, I suggest that we calm down a bit gentlemen. Rather than jumping to conclusions, searching for a motive when we have no suspects, or deciding the report might be worng, which in my opinion it is not, perhaps we should go about solving this case in the usual manner. Detective, could you please continue explaining to us what your investigation has done so far, and what other evidence you have gathered?"

Jeff
oD