Character Creation

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:32 pm

sounds like you might be looking at a nosferatu. They're the sewer rats and info network of the kindred. And most of them are ugly as f**k!

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:17 pm

I know of them :twisted:
But I was thinking another clan, anyway, this is not the question,
would it be a suitable character for this game, that is my question?

Angel
Level 0
Level 0

Yeah

Post by Angel » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:02 am

I have the book now and skimmed through it and i think im interested just let me know when its gonna start and ill come up with a character.
If at all possible id like him to be a Tereador.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:19 am

Okay, it's been a while. I'm still not doing great, but I'm okay enough to make known a few thoughts and answer some questions.

Twilighting wrote:
Ok I have some ideas about a char:
Gunslinger/sniper/gunsmith (maybe not all of the three), but I am thinking about a clan without much of appereance (0), will it be possible to play such a vampire?
While a character with some knowledge of combat may or may not be helpful, a character who centers on it may well find himself without a whole lot to do. I'm trying to run this as more of a social game than an action-oriented one. There are plenty of games being played here that have their fair share of combat... I want to try something different.

What Clan were you thinking of?

Angel wrote:
I have the book now and skimmed through it and i think im interested just let me know when its gonna start and ill come up with a character.
If at all possible id like him to be a Tereador.
Right now, I'm trying to come up with a group that will be able to exist on its own without completely imploding. Once I have an idea of where the players/characters want to go with the game, I can push some of the plotlines I have planed in that direction.

Oh yeah, a Toreador would be just fine for a clan. What about a concept?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm still recuperating, I'm still going to be a tad sporadic over the weekend (hope to be back in more or less full form by the 5th. Until then, feel free to post character concepts here, discuss them among yourselves, and maybe as a group some of you can create some common backgrounds.

V:tM is probably one of the most character-driven games I've ever been involved with, which is why this part of the game is so important. I'll post more on this at a later date, but for now I want to see the ideas fly, if at all possible.

Angel
Level 0
Level 0

my chacter concept

Post by Angel » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:34 pm

A dual .45caliber uzi weilding. 21 year old. He believes in honor but sometimes his pride gets in the way. He is 6'2" tall and a slender muscular body type hidden with a darck black trench coat. Long black hair that is just longer than shoulder length. it hangs in front of his face keeping his face in shadow.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:06 am

Angel wrote:A dual .45caliber uzi weilding. 21 year old. He believes in honor but sometimes his pride gets in the way. He is 6'2" tall and a slender muscular body type hidden with a darck black trench coat. Long black hair that is just longer than shoulder length. it hangs in front of his face keeping his face in shadow.
From your first sentence alone, I'm under the impression that you think this game is more of a d20-style action game than it really is. "Blade" is a bad frame of reference for the style of this game. Vampires are immortal, and the older ones actually have a grasp of what that means. They don't go and 'œduke it out' when they have a disagreement (even to the extent that one would very dearly like to kill the other). They erode power bases. The undermine allies. They only strike when it is certain that their opponent can't strike back, and even then they hesitate because it could all be a ruse (because that's what they'd do).

In other words, when the scene opens and the characters plot, scheme, and undercut each other (and everyone around them) with nothing more than their wits and tongues, the guy who's entire concept is based on his equipment is going to be, well, bored. This is not a combat-oriented game - it's a talking one, for the most part. Entering a room guns a'blazin' will most likely get you killed. Entering with style, confidence, and the latest bit of blackmail will get you respected (perhaps begrudgingly so, but respected nonetheless).

I understand that this is probably very different than most other RPGs most of the players here have experienced. Hopefully now you all have a better idea of where I'm coming from.

If anyone needs help with a concept (either a starting idea or help in developing an established one), either post it here or PM me and I'll discuss the concept with you.

Thanks.

Angel
Level 0
Level 0

Well

Post by Angel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:45 pm

I'm not used to rpg's of this type but i will adapt and i think ill be fine.
ill have to be in the right frame of mind. The other VtR rpg im in the DM is basically a person who believes guns solve everything. I think it will be refreshing to be in a rpg that is paced like this.

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:39 am

I am sorry, but I not the honey tongue type of guy, and the only way I could score success in social scene is when I bust my char with 5 charisma a a lot of skills so you would roll 10 dices...
I just can't play social...

I was thinking of a Samedi vampire...

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 pm

Twilightling wrote:I am sorry, but I not the honey tongue type of guy, and the only way I could score success in social scene is when I bust my char with 5 charisma a a lot of skills so you would roll 10 dices...
I just can't play social...

I was thinking of a Samedi vampire...
You don't have to be a honey-tongued kind of guy to play... the Succubus Club: Dead Man's party supplement has a great system in it that breaks evening long Elysiums into hourly rounds much like combat. Different maneuvers (like talking yourself up or tearing your rival down), defenses, favor and disfavor points, it's really spiffy and it allows people who create debaters and orators to actually play those kinds of characters without having to be good at those things personally. I'll put up something about it in more detail in a day or two.

Why a Samedi? Didn't your mom tell you thanatosis is bad for your skin? :D

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:42 am

10x Kakita, I wasn't aware such book existed...
So I guess I would play after all:)
And I still would be a gunsmith/gunslinger/shooter, but a little more refined:)
As for the Samedi, well that is in their stereotype, the lone type guardian/assassin,
I have a basic idea of a young child no more that 10-15 years of embrace, serving with his master, until the anarch revolt when his master is slayed by the anarchs, so his lolyality lies with the camarila, at least for now

With little luck I will have the book within a week, but I would apreciate little extra info just in case it didint worked