Character Creation

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:35 am

Twilightling wrote:10x Kakita, I wasn't aware such book existed...
So I guess I would play after all:)
And I still would be a gunsmith/gunslinger/shooter, but a little more refined:)
As for the Samedi, well that is in their stereotype, the lone type guardian/assassin,
I have a basic idea of a young child no more that 10-15 years of embrace, serving with his master, until the anarch revolt when his master is slayed by the anarchs, so his lolyality lies with the camarila, at least for now

With little luck I will have the book within a week, but I would apreciate little extra info just in case it didint worked
The problem with the loner type guardian/assassin is that he's a loner type. I'm very much trying to make this a group endeavor, with the characters forming a coterie of their own (either to defend themselves or to make themselves more formidable). And once again, I warn you that a gunslinger may well find himself dealing with a lot of "dead air" (pun intended) during the more social aspects of the game. If this is what you really want, however, then go ahead and roll it up and we'll see where it takes us.

I just want to be absolutely clear when I say this (over and over and over again). This is not a combat game with lulls of conversation. It is a conversational game that, on occasion, sees combat if that combat furthers the story. Go ahead and have your characters be a little proficient in self-defense. Or melee. Or whatever. Just be warned that if that's all your character is designed to do then your character won't be doing all that much.

End of rant.

As for the Samedi... go ahead, I suppose. We'll see how it works out.

What book are you talking about? The Dead Man's Party book?
[/i]

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:34 am

Yes about that book...
Ok, I will check all my books again, and I will make myself a new char...

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:47 am

Okay.

I was planning to post social rolls later today in any case (or at least start to) or at least put up the basics (types of actions, relevent die pools, etcetera).

All depends on whether or not I can get any sleep today... :x

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:15 pm

Back again...

I have six players who have expressed an interest in this game:

Angel
Geist
TetNak
Twilighting
Vardaen
Wargie

I also have a general idea of what each of those players wants to play... but I'm going to need more specific concepts or, better yet, some character sheets a'comin' my way.

Oh yeah - I think I have all the players I need for this game. However, if a couple more people want to join, I could split the groups apart and run two separate games (one for Camarilla loyalists, one for Anarchs, maybe even one for the Sabbat!). What would any of you say to something like that?

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:35 pm

Well I think Ghanima would like to play (If she finally decides to post somethingy :twisted: )
As for me I could play almost any clan (without few that a have zero tolerance for them (Tremre, Giovany)), so even with camarilla/sabat/anarch groups I could join any one of them and my character concept is suatable for a number of clans so it is no problem for me.
Right now I am at work trip and I will be back friday, so at most I will have my character posted monday.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:06 pm

I'm trying to reconcile playing a 40-ish suburbanite who has lost his children to the vampire who embraced him, and as a result, lives in a fantasy world of fairy tales and bed-time stories. He relates everyone he sees into some character or creature type from storybooks. He feeds on humans by gorging on their flesh (because he thinks they're all walking gingerbread men), then puking (non-blood parts) later, as if it gave him a stomach ache.

What I need is some input as to whether this concept is going to work with the rest of the group. If not, I have several other characters I could always use instead. (There's a Malkavian I had for a game I ran once, who believed himself to be Bruce Wayne/Batman. I could always re-invent him). The reason I'd kept this to myself for so long was that, I thought, as an experienced Vampire RPer, I'd be able to pull this off without a hitch or help. Well, I have a lot of ideas, but I need more. Besides, K_G is upset that we're not taking his suggestions to heart and discussing our concepts here (which I do realize we should be doing instead of keeping things to ourselves).

So. Which concept do you like better (AND think will work better in your coterie) - the fairly-tale father, or Bruce Wayne/Batman?

If you like the fairy-tale father better, please give at least one possible delusion. I will demonstrate with those I've come up with so far...

He sees: Nosferatu as nightshades, goblins and bogguns; Toreador as elves (D&D, not Keebler), sylphs, nymphs, etc.; Brujah as orcs, ogres and trolls; Gangrel as changelings.

Anyone have other ideas? Anyone familiar with the world of Changeling the Dreaming? Does anyone NOT like this guy? How would he see your character?

Give me some input, please.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Kakita_Gokumoro wrote:Oh yeah - I think I have all the players I need for this game. However, if a couple more people want to join, I could split the groups apart and run two separate games (one for Camarilla loyalists, one for Anarchs, maybe even one for the Sabbat!). What would any of you say to something like that?
I think my original concept for your game would do best in the Camarilla. Some of the gun-toting types sound better suited to an Anarch or Sabbat campaign, unless they have some skill or resource to offer that they can fall back on when there is absolutely no need for gunplay (most of the time).
Note for the gunslingers and gun-toting assassin types: I've NEVER EVER seen a game where a neonate (that's us!) has ever been allowed to start the game with silver bullets or dragonbreath rounds (ammo that burns). So... don't be thinking that your guns will be doing you any good at all against the standard vampire or werewolf!

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:29 pm

Note for the gunslingers and gun-toting assassin types: I've NEVER EVER seen a game where a neonate (that's us!) has ever been allowed to start the game with silver bullets or dragonbreath rounds (ammo that burns). So... don't be thinking that your guns will be doing you any good at all against the standard vampire or werewolf!
On one hand you are right...
On the other...

First burning ammo is not all that complicate to be produced, so anyone with guns at 4 and craft/gunsmith at 4 and resources 3 or 4 to reflect his workshop is totaly capable of producing explosive gunshots (one type or another), as for the silver bullets it is even simpler, but you definitely need resources 4 (after all silver is not too cheap).

And one other thing, what is keeping a neonate with contacts of 5 and resources of 5 from actually buying himself that ammo?(except the ST)

And another point, when you have 8 dices in you firearms pool it is not so hard to make a headshot and then I have seen two rules:
1. All headwounds are letal to vampire
2. Headshots add +4 to wounds
So when we are talking about small guns like glock it really doesn't matter which ones you use.
And all that wounds are enough for any vampire 11th generation or more (12,13...) without fortitude. Not to mention if you have 9 or 10 dices (not imposable) and two pistols, or a pistol with RAF > 1...
So even neonates are not so helpless...
But as KG said it wont be such campaign...

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Twilightling wrote:Well I think Ghanima would like to play (If she finally decides to post somethingy :twisted: )
If she wants to play, she's more tha welcome to. ALl she'd need to do is either post here or PM me and I can set it up, or whatever.
Twilighting wrote:As for me I could play almost any clan (without few that a have zero tolerance for them (Tremre, Giovany)), so even with camarilla/sabat/anarch groups I could join any one of them and my character concept is suatable for a number of clans so it is no problem for me.
Right now I am at work trip and I will be back friday, so at most I will have my character posted monday.
Well, I'd like to see characters start rolling in, so to speak, as soon as possible. I can wait, however, if I have to. I just don't want this process to drag out over the next month or two.

I understand that a lot of the players don't have access to the books, which are horribly out of print. If any of the players are having probalems with making a character, then post or PM and I an work it out with you. Hell, give me a relatively well organized concept and I'll write up the character stats for you.
Twilighting wrote:First burning ammo is not all that complicate to be produced, so anyone with guns at 4 and craft/gunsmith at 4 and resources 3 or 4 to reflect his workshop is totaly capable of producing explosive gunshots (one type or another), as for the silver bullets it is even simpler, but you definitely need resources 4 (after all silver is not too cheap).

And one other thing, what is keeping a neonate with contacts of 5 and resources of 5 from actually buying himself that ammo?(except the ST)

And another point, when you have 8 dices in you firearms pool it is not so hard to make a headshot and then I have seen two rules:
1. All headwounds are letal to vampire
2. Headshots add +4 to wounds
So when we are talking about small guns like glock it really doesn't matter which ones you use.
And all that wounds are enough for any vampire 11th generation or more (12,13...) without fortitude. Not to mention if you have 9 or 10 dices (not imposable) and two pistols, or a pistol with RAF > 1...
So even neonates are not so helpless...
But as KG said it wont be such campaign...
Quite right.

Still, I'd like to know where you got your rules for headshots, extra wounds (are those wound dice or automatic successes?), and so on from. Is this an official source or a house rule?