Character Creation

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:26 pm

To be honest the +4 to wound, I am not sure if it is direct damage or +4to damage roll as for the rule itself it is from WoD Combat, I will check it as soon as I get home.
As for the lethality of the headshots I think this was from the Core Book, but I will have to check that too, anyway in my last game we used that rule (headshot -> lethal damage)
You know, I never thought to check the WoD Combat book. I figured that since it came out when the core WoD games were in their second edition the book would be relatively obsolete by the time the revised editions came out. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

I'll look up the stuff for head shots as well. I've taken most of my WoD combat knowledge from my experiences with Werewolf, with a few half-forgotten remnants of the last few Vampire games I've run. Probably a good time to bone back up on them...

Just in case, you understand. :twisted:

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Well I am all for the "ST Rullzzzz"
just I need to know how exactly he/she rullzzz
meaning that I am ok with any rule from any book as long as I am told in advance, and is only to avoid some mistakes during gameplay

As for the WoD combat I didnt knew it was before the 2nd, but it doesnt really matter,
there are a lot of combat enhancments, like additional stats for firearms, rules for martial arts, :twisted: special ammo :twisted: and stuff like that...

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:03 am

Okay.

I've done some reading and have come to the following conclusions.

1. I will not be using the WoD Combat book - not for special ammunition, guns, or whatever. While I expect combat, I don't expect it to take center stage, and therefore see no reason to complicate it more than necessary.

2. Head shots do cause Lethal damage to vampires. A headshot is made at an accuracy modifier of +2, for a total Difficulty of 8 and will deal an additional (+1) die of damage if successful.

I hope this clears things up.

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:51 am

It is ok with me:)
I will start my character now and I hope I will finish it sometime today...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:07 pm

I found this link for a book

I sfor 2nd Ed, is that what we are playing?

http://stahor.ha.net.ru/AD&D/vtm/Vampir ... dition.pdf
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:29 pm

Unfortunately, we're playing the Revised edition (the one after the one you posted).

For the most part, however, the systems are compatible, barring a few differences. Players could use the 2e source to get a general idea of what they want, and I could help them clean it up and update it to the edition I'm using.

Not the best solution, but better than anything else we could have done right now (aside from forcing all the players to start trolling eBay, that is).

Just keep in mind that some things changed a lot. Off the top of my head is the fact that Dominate is no longer an in-Clan Discipline for Malkavians. It was replaced with Dementation.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:45 pm

I thought you had said that before, but I forgot. I'm tired someone made me play Halo 2 and kill Geist a whole bunch of times last night. :wink:
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:11 pm

You can never get enough of shooting Geist in Halo 2.

Twilighting found a .html version of the Revised rules online! We bow down and kiss his feet! :D

http://vtm-core.hit.bg

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:25 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Thanks Twilight! Now I can make a character.

Links super duper slow for me, but I'll get it eventually. KG you might have to wait a bit for a character from me still :P

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:14 pm

Yeah, the link was super slow for me as well, but it did work, and I'll take that over what we've been dealing with any day.

Now that we have some resources available, I'd like to set something of a start date for this game. That will be tentatively set for two weeks from today (July 23). That should give players enough time to get a character together and some background information for said character.

Also, now that these resources are available, I'll put some restrictions on them. First of all, this game will not be utilizing the Merits and Flaws system, nor will it be using Secondary Abilities. Any Backgrounds not found in the core rules are considered off limits unless it is discussed with me first.

That should be it. If anything else comes up, I'll post it here. Thanks.