Game Plan

This is the OOC Forums for the M&M: Defenders of Freedom Port game.
eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Game Plan

Post by eldritchknight » Mon May 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Okay all, this is how I want to do it. To get the game flowing, I will start the game with Eclipse and Iron Scorpion already together.

Also, I will start the game on the 1st of June.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Game Plan

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Are you keeping it to two right now or are you going to open it up to others?

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 pm

I was planning on keeping it to two, ya.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Gotcha

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue May 22, 2007 3:26 am

Cool

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Game Plan & new books.

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 pm

Okay all, thanks to Wulf lighting a fire beneath me, I am kicking this game into high gear, which means finalizing the adventure details.

But, during my talks with Wulf, he pointed out that there was an update to the advanced rules, and also an Expert Edition, both fan-made I believe.

I am looking over them now, and would appreciate it if you guys could download them and give me your impressions. They can be found here:

http://classicmarvel.com/download/download_netbooks.htm.

Upon looking at the Expert versions, they are just the Advanced books with new covers.

The updated Advanced books looks to have some interesting things in them. Let me know how you all feel about them!!

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:40 am

Alright, as can be seen from the change in the Forum's name, I have switched from Marvel to M&M.

I am going to run the two adventures from the main book, modified because there is only 2 heroes.

Also, I am shooting for a game start of July the 16th. Should give Shurijo enough time to get moved into his new place and familiar with the rules, and give me time to get Freedom City in the mail, which I am ordering through Amazon.com on the 1st of July.

I have also posted some of the rules for the game, including common combat actions, the extra effort and hero point rules.

Anyways, here's to a great game, guys!! I hope you like it!

Cheers!!

~EK.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:20 pm

A few things, is this game still active? Still running?

Also at some point this game changed from Marvel to Mutants and Masterminds, which is d20 correct? If this game is still active, I would like to move it into the d20 area. If its not, I'd live to Graveyard it and start up a new MM forum for Eanwulf's game that he plans to do.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:51 am

I think the reason this is in the Misc games section is mainly due to that the original title of this game was Marvel Superheroes which then got changed to Mutants & Masterminds when EK wanted to swap gaming systems.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 am

It could also be argued that M&M is not a d20 system in the traditional sense. The system is similar to d20 in many respects but the lack of any other die, altered combat system and incompatibility with other d20 systems could easily leave it as a unique and thus miscellaneous game.