The secret of halo

This forums contains a bunch of different types of forum games that are not related to the RPG games run here.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: The secret of halo

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Name: Rodriguez, Martin
Callsign: Boot
Race: Human (ODST)
Damage: 100
Inventory: M7S Caseless Submachine Gun, M6C/SOCOM, Combat Knife
Squad: Spearpoint

Without much thought Rodriguez slipped into the cockpit, still hearing the gunshots in the distance as the Spartan kept Covenant soldiers at bay. He paid no regards to the corpses of pilot and co-pilot that has been strapped down in the troop-bay. The man does a very rough sweep of the transport but his eyes dart at the controls of the Pelican. He has only very basic training that was little more than a training for an emergency in case a ships pilot, just like now, had been disabled. Luckily the Spartans might now more about piloting the transport so he wouldn't have to actually fly the ship. He drops the submachine gun on the copilots seat and takes the pilots seat himself, looking over the readouts, checking the status of the engines and weapons. Unfortunately the chin-mounted auto-cannon had been destroyed upon impact, but the missile pods were still in a good condition.
"Rodriguez to one to three. The Pelican is ready for lift-off." While the drive were heating up from their stand-by Rodriguez grabbed his weapon from the seat and ran back outside through the troop-bay, stopping just at the edge and to defend the position if some Covenant bastards would make it through.
Hey, I'm considering a Halo RPG now... Perhaps in the Learner Section.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thElite » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Name: Eliric
Race: Sanghelli
Damage: 73
Inventory: Energy pistol, battery pack
Squad: Delta 8.4

Well, I am doomed anyways so beter make the most of this. I dash from cover and nail the ODST on the head, without even shooting. I then run through the halls avoiding gunfire. Something green is now taking off, I made a leap of faith and grabbed on to a handle bar, then put on a "air helmet" I just saved myself... Or did I?
Life is full of surprises. You can eather chose to accept, or reject.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 am

Name: Drake-025
Race: Human (Spartan)
Inventory: M392 Designated Marksman Rifle, M6G Magnum Sidearm, Combat Knife
Squad: Red Team (Beta)
Designation: Red-Seventeen

Drake kept his sight on the last Jackal as it toppled forward after the Spartan had put a round in its leg and then its head. The small piles of collapsed Grunts and Jackals, discarded Covenant plasma weapons and smears of bio-luminescent, light-blue blood were the only thing that kept moving down the slight slope of the hallway. There were no more indications of incoming opponents on Drake'S HUD. A glimpse at the counter told the man that he had two rounds left in the clip but he chose to change it as its better to use a few rounds than getting swarmed by the Covenant while one had to reload.
He did not miss that Rodriguez cursed and went silent almost immediately. Cloaked Elites were still a problem as the only indicator of their presence was the barely noticeable shimmering of air and the occasional blip on the motion tracker whenever one moved.
"Red-Seventeen to Beta. I'm falling back to the Pelican. Hallway has been secured but expect resistence on your way back anyway."
It took the Spartan less than seven seconds in a full sprint to cover the ground back to the troop-transport.
Okay. A couple of questions as some characters just met: how do you determine damage? And how do we deal out damage?

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thElite » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:32 am

This. Message. Is. False. Please delete.
Last edited by thElite on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thElite » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:40 am

Damage: 87
Inventory: Plasma pistol

Hmm... So this thing I am hanging on to is a pelican. Let's see what is piloting it. I peer into the cockpit with active camo. Demons. Why did I know this but still checked? An ODST and a Spartain. They are heading to- oh god, at this direction they will discover reach... I slowly board without them noticing. I then hide in the cargo area. (the back) let's hope they don't see me anytime soon.

Note: these are hayabusa's guys.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Damage: 95

The towering Spartan pays little attention to the ODST's injuries and just checks that he's still combat ready. In the end it wouldn't make a difference if the Covenants attack the "Landing Zone" anyway, as the despicable aliens don't care about prisoners or wounded. Or at least it is very, very seldom.
"Pick up your weapon and hold the cargo-bay. The teams are incoming and if the covenant is on their heels, we will hold them off until we dust off. Understood?"
The ODST only nodded and even as he reached for his gun, the Spartan didn't seem to pay him any more attention. Somehow the bash on the head has broken some part of Rodriguez's helmet as the faceplate did not polarize to the silver blue, hiding the man's face. As he left the cockpit he left the door open so that any man could either leave or enter it as fast as possible.
I thought they were using their coms so it may be doubtful that the Elite could have overheard them. Though maybe he can use something to listen in on them. Just saying.
Oh, and I corrected a screw-up on my side too: ODST are Marines not Navy. Sorry.

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thElite » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Damage: 73
Inventory: Plasma Pistol

After a while the spartain said "I hate this magnum, I will see if I can get something else. Crap I whispered. What's even worse is I think he heard that."Hey! I heard a wort!" then the ODST came with a SMG. I am now frozen in fear behind a couple crates. One for food, one for rockets, and one for 3 rocket launchers. They are now suspiciously looking around until some yelled "Hey, rockets! We can use these! At this moment I had completely forgotten about the plasma pistol in my holster and also the active Camo. It was the Spartain that came. And after he opened the crate he turned around and we both stared at eachother for a moment, then ye yelled "BASTARD!!!" and plugged a couple rounds from the magnum into my leg. Great. Now I can't move that leg. I try to limp, but then the marine shot me in the arm with his SMG. I now can't move. I am now vulnerable to anything. God dammit.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Damage: 95

"Damn it, where the hell did he come from Rodriguez?" Drake asked hos gun still pointed at the Elite's head. "Don't tell you couldn't even secure the evac."
"He must've used his camo," Rodriguez replied, brick-red behind his transparent faceplate. He nervously kept his gun on the injured alien.
"Watch him and if he tries to escape or attack you put a couple of rounds in his head," the Spartan said. "The teams are incoming, we're leaving in less than three minutes. Perhaps he'll talk."
The Spartan turned and headed into the cockpit, after stepping on the Elites plasma pistol. The weapon's battery discharged but didn't even bring down the super-soldier's shields. The crumbled pieces and plasma leaks stained the floor in front of the cockpit door which closed and locked as soon as Drake has went through.

thElite
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thElite » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Damage: 24. Shields critical!!!
Inventory: active Camo dispenser

You know, the ODST says as he kicks aside my white helmet, now partially stained with some purple blood, your head would look nice on a mantal... As he talked on I looked for a way to escape. Only way I see is to hurl my CamoDispencer at the control panel and hope it opens the airlock but it would probably miss. At this point he picks me up (how he did that I have no idea) and punched me in the face. I woke up on a bed... There is a toilet and a locked door blocking me from leaving the room. Probably part of the captains quarters. A Spartan enters the room with a Magnum. He points it at my head. Where is the rest of your scum hiding? X-25 I said, witch was actualy the truth. But I think he only heard "wort wort" he sat next to me, facepalmed himself and said "why did I expect anything else from that?" he seems disappointed, my guess: he can't understand. Then, he left. Let's at least HOPE he does not understand...
Last edited by thElite on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am

"Listen up, Squid-Head," the Spartan in full armour says to the captured Sangheili. "If you want me to regret that we didn't put a round in your head as soon as we found you, then you better tell me something. We know that you can understand us. And we know that you can speak our language as well so if the next sound isn't something I can actually understand then I'll drag you out on the landing pad and spread your brains on the ground."
It has been some time since the Spartans and Marines returned and there had been casualties when they recovered the data from a crashed UNSC prowler that has been stripped by the Covenant to find intel on the human homeworld.
Okay, so where are we? Installation 04, the "first" Halo? Probably, because the Elites later cooperated with the humans against the rest of the Covenant. Hey, that might be an interesting turn...