Precious Cargo

The strange and deadly Eastlands are where wild elves rule. The fey have gone into hiding, or so it is said, and now only the mortal roam the Eastlands. Good and evil are of no concern. Only survival is important where death can come at any time and from any place.

Run by DM TetNak
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Land Fall

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:06 am

Curgas replies to Lizard, "Make it so, number one. I'll be in my cabin." The minotaur then retires to his cabin to finish the rest of the sacred wine. But before he leaves the deck, he lets his first mate know, "I'll be finishing the wine. If you wanted any, you better get those to shore. And find me a second." Having his second mate deceased from the fighting, the minotaur looks to have another elf or outgoing crewman step up to try to fill the spot.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:27 pm

With a crew of eight sailors, not including Curgas and Lizard, having the ship being able to be sailed any long distance is a longshot at best. The sailor in the Crow's Nest just shrugs, "I cannot see any!" he yells down, but Lizard knows that this particular sailor is only filling in for one that is dead.

Silaqui stands silently looking out to the sea, but the turns, and speaks to Lizard while Curgas is below deck. "We need to get off the ship," she says, "I suggest using the rowboats and disembarking immediately ..."

She says nothing else.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:39 pm

Lizard is already in motion when Curgas gives him the go ahead. He stands in the middle of the deck shouting orders

"Don't for the empty water barrels!"

"Get my tools!"

"Bring the Captains ledger, he'll want to write in it on shore."

"Double time, letss move letss move!"

In quick order the crew snaps to work and the row boats are loaded, loaded for a full excursion on the island. Tents, supplies, weapons, tools, food, rum...everything they need to set up a workshop and camp on the beach. Lizard stands feet on the railing, a riggin rope in hand allow him to lean way out over board as the sailors are lowering the boats. Once the captain is alerted to ready status and arrives on deck he slides down the rope to the ship below. He's the first one to set foot on the beach, while no doubt the Captain is the last one off The Savage Horn.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:01 am

Curgas stays behind to allow the shore party time to secure the beachhead and survey the landing. There is no way the minotaur is going to leave the ship unattended and vulnerable. As the captain would say, "I'd rather cleave off my horns!"
Tet, Do you need me to leave ship? I don't see Curgas leaving the ship behind or unprotected for any reason.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm

The rowboats are readied for departure and lowered into the water. Lizard is amongst the crew that will go. Two per boat, leaving a very small crew of four on board the massive ship. Curgas has doubts he will be able to actually man the vessel with only ten sailors, including himself and Lizard.

The waves are choppy and the sailors make terrible time to get to land. The small rowboats beach themselves and the sailors jump from them and drag them further ashore.

On the boat, Silaqui shrugs to the Minotaur. "I believe that is a mistake. Your ship may be doomed, but that is not so for you." She just stands there but doesn't comment further.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 pm

Lizard makes landfall, "You three, start setting up camp up the beach." He puts his hand to his brow and looks through the trees. "The rest of you follow me. We are ssscouting around the area, weapons ready, on alert!" Lizard draws his own weapon and waves back at the boat giving the Captain the sign that they made it and he's heading inland.

The lizard first mate with the reaminder of the sailors (3?) head into the forest around the beast scouting the first 100 yards radius around where the other are setting up the workpost.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:56 am

The captain scoffs at the elven maiden, "Doomed? Doomed! Why if your travel weren't paid for by those elves, I'd throw you overboard myself!" Curgas raises his fist and shakes it, then walks over to the railing and peers out into the ocean.

'What does a durned elf know about ships? A priestess no less. Lizard can handle the shore crew.' With those thoughts, the minotaur turns to inspect the remaining sailors. One of those needs to be in charge, he considers. He looks over the sailors as they work and tries to take stock of their previous duties and abilities.