How am I Doing?

Please keep this forum to OOC posts for this game.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: How am I Doing?

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:17 am

This game doesn't seem to be going the way I wanted.

We are very close to the end of the adventure which I will finish. However, I do not plan on renewing the game after this chapter.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Too bad, I did like it. What would you have liked different?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Honestly I'm sort of happy to hear that.

Here are my thoughts.

I loved the start of things, all the PC banter, the dwarven interaction, and the fresh clean start of a new game. That was well done and everyone was very excited and it was alot of fun.

The combat seemed to be a bit slow, but I think that was the system just not letting that one guy die. However it was still pretty smooth considering none of us really knew the system that well.

From there the adventure seems to have dragged on, alot of little stops along the way, which should be good for RP and plot development, but so far hasn't really been that exciting.

People have stopped posting with speed, MD one of them, and he really was part of what made the start alot of fun, trying to translate his posts!

I have alot of games going on, this is a new system, and it seems a bit slow both on plot and on posting. I think you did a fine job Tet, and I'm still interesting in seeing how it turns out. Since I don't really know Warhammer and there are plenty of other games on the site. I'm not going to overly miss this one.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:35 pm

I think the biggest thing is the plot was boring. Note that I didn't create this adventure and it was premade in the main book. I will say, the ending is pretty cool, and we're almost there.

I would have probably liked to do my own adventure. But right now, I'm kinda swamped as well, and I am going to start a new game regardless. This game, at that point, just becomes the first out.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Also, I'd say Var and Grim were the only people that really posted with any regularity after a month or so. That kinda made the game lag ..

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 pm

TetNak wrote:Also, I'd say Var and Grim were the only people that really posted with any regularity after a month or so. That kinda made the game lag ..
Agreed!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 am

Thanks for playing guys. Sorry it didn't last. I like the system okay, but I'm not so sure about the setting completely. I really didn't like the adventure that was designed. I hope you guys have fun while it lasted. It really sucked that EK and MV both up and disappeared. Anyway, thanks everyone! I'll put this in the Graveyard sometime this week.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks for trying Tet. I had a good time with the dwarves at the start, but the adventure was a bit linear. I took a look at it after Granny died, and it looks like there was alot going on with it, but no way to really get the PCs invloved.

Oh well. On less ssytem and game for me, that's good.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:29 pm

I do love the system, I have just started gm-ing this adventure and I also think it is too linear. Good for beginners who need to learn the rules. I am just reading the rest of the paths of the damned, it is a quite good campaign but needs some tweaking.
All in all, I love Warhammer, as a system and as a setting! Sad to see it go. Good job, Tet.