Prelude: In the Sheriff's Office

The Long Night is over. The Reign of chaos has been put to an end and the Builder's order prevails. But those who worship chaos are still out there working to tear it all back down.

Run by the GM Bitom
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Prelude: In the Sheriff's Office

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:33 am

"Freeorn was the last, but I'm sending you to Daylale. They've already lost two kids, and if the pattern holds, they'll be next... sometime next week."

The Sheriff picks up his foul pipe again and relights it with a tindertwig. Yet another of the new inventions becoming very common lately.

"Dagon has a file on everything that we know already prepared for you. I expect that the priests will be leaving tomorrow or the next day. Not much for camping, but they can afford to send their people with horse and wagon, which I can't do for you. You can either try and ride along with them or try to beat them there. Don't get there after them... It's important that we establish our presence there so that they can't claim absolute authority over the situation."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:36 am

'œRide /with/ them?' Korban asks, mouth hanging open aghast. 'œNot that I would want to do such a thing, but I do not think they would really be accepting of too much help from our office.' He scratches his head, 'œI would have to walk it,' he says, realizing the other situation. 'œThey might beat me there no matter what, unless I get a big head start on them'¦'
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:49 am

The Sheriff nods. "Either way you choose, I'll support... don't leave tonight. If they leave earlier than expected, or if you take a long time and they get there first, so be it. I won't have one of my people trudging out into the darkness to get killed by bandits just to outrace the damned hammers."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:04 am

'œVery well,' Korban says, standing from his seat. 'œI always did want to bust a Hammer's balls, kinda, without my own getting /Hammered/.' He breaks into a grin, 'œI actually think I will head over there and see if they will talk to me. Maybe they will give me a ride ..."' He shrugs, "How bad could it be?'
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:08 am

Vardo nods. "Good man... if you need help Persuading them, talk to Dagon. I'm sure he can set something up."

This is the end of this section of the Preludes. We'll rejoin Korban in another thread once the Hammerites are done with their seperate prelude.