Chapter 1.22: An Unlikely Duo

The elders can't be stopped, but their inhumanity can't be accepted either. Moving to another city accopmplishes nothing, the situation is the same everywhere. Now the only hpe is to band together. As a group, maybe you and the other young ones can resist the political tides that threaten to erode that which makes you human.

A Vampire: the Masquerade game run by Bitom
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Chapter 1.22: An Unlikely Duo

Post by MadVlat » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 am

Mike hops to just inside the wall using Maria's motorcycle for extra hieght, and squats freezing in place as he once again scans the area for patrols and cameras, and motion sensors.
Mike uses his level 1 obfuscate ducking behind some low shrubs for added cover.
When he determines that its clear he begins a low humming similar to an ancient dirge as he spots some bats feeding above him.
Mike is using his level 2 animalism to summon the bats, so that he may have a word or two with them.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:39 am

Maria watches Mike go over the wall and waits for his return. She is not nervous, but she is vigilant. She finds her hand stroking though her hair more then a few times.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:24 am

Mike unleashes a series of chittering sounds which are soon reciprocated by the two medium-sized brown bats that come down to meet him, hanging inverted from the branches of a nearby tree.

Maria finds herself alone out in the dark, though fortunatly in one of the few good parts of town.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:42 am

"Good evening little brothers-sss", Mike whispers as the little rodents perch themselves on the bottom of the branch.
Mike is using animalism level 1 as he converses with the pair.
"Perhaps-sss you could be of ass-sssis-ssstanc-ssse to me, I thank you for heeding my call. I s-ssseek information on a res-sssident of that home", pointing to home of Vannessa with a gnarled reptillian finger, "s-s sshe dis-sssappeared and i'm are worried about her", Mike pauses then continues to speak quietly while keeping a wary eye on the grounds about him. "Have you s-ssseen or heard anything unus-sssual of late that would have rudely interupted your feeding?".
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:18 am

Both bats look around oddly, trying with their sonar senses to determine what particular hump of ground he's referring to. Eventually, he asks a question that their small minds can comprehend. "No. Lots of bugs."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:26 am

Realizing the futility of his questioning Mike releases the tiny vermin from his call. Hearing the bark of a dog in the near distance he once again sends forth the call knowing that usually canines know everything that happens in their neighborhood, kicking himself for not realizing this course sooner.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:28 am

Maria shakes a few 'bad' thoughts from her mind about stories dealing with happenings in the night. She quickly realizes that she is now a 'story' of the night, something someone would not want to run into in a dark area. A dark area like she was currently lurking in. She shakes her hard again forcing the thought from her mind. 'no, I am not like that' ,She try's to keep her mind occupied by watching the area while waiting for the lizard to return.
still keeping an eye out, holding actions unless I notice something odd/bad or Mike comes back
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling