Script ReWrite: Chapter 1: An invitation

The elders can't be stopped, but their inhumanity can't be accepted either. Moving to another city accopmplishes nothing, the situation is the same everywhere. Now the only hpe is to band together. As a group, maybe you and the other young ones can resist the political tides that threaten to erode that which makes you human.

A Vampire: the Masquerade game run by Bitom
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Prince's Request

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:04 pm

Bard shrugs, "Not at all," he says, removing his eyes from the Venture Prince and quieting himself immediately.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:40 pm

Duke considers it, "I know that I used to try and get away from my old man plenty, but after awhile you have to come home for more cash. We can probably track her movements with a credit card, if Bard here can get into those records." He rubs his face, thinking, "And talk to some of her friends...I'd be my pleasure to...intorogate some of her little girlfriends." He glances at the Prince and then away changing his tone quickly, "If there is nothing on her Plastic then we now for certain something isn't right." He points at the Prince, "What sort of info do you have for us to start with, my Prince?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:46 pm

"I have a very detailed dossier," says the prince, "Containing details of most of her life. It has been kept current by a ghoul which I keep explicitly for the purpose of maintaining tabs on my family project."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:19 pm

Foster sits quietly while the minor banter between Bard and the prince finishes abruptly. He wonders, "Why is it that with all of his power and the resources at his disposal, the top kindred of the city cannot even watch over his own family. Something about this just doesn't seem right.", a furrowed brow is all that even gives a hint that he is questioning the prince's motives.
"My prince I believe that what your most loyal servant Bard was trying to say is sometimes there are common reasons teenagers disappear. Say perhaps a love interest the parents did not approve of or teenage rebellion which is common to all youth. Either way my prince I will do everything in my power to aid you with this matter. May we count upon the members of the first house to aid us if the need arises?". Foster sits upright in his chair, his back cracking audibly with the effort; and waits for an answer from the prince.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:30 am

Duke smiply nods when the Prince mentions the dossier and then lifts his hands open ad if to say, 'Ok where is it?'
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 pm

Maria, bows to her matron respectfully, 'œI apologize My Lady, Hopefully another time'. She then follows the others though the doors, her dress's light fabric swaying ever so slightly. Her posture is still ridged and proper.

Once in the room, Maria takes a seat at the table and lessons. She's realized that her options tonight seems to makes matters worse then they started. She is still very proper while sitting with a stiff back and her hands folded in her lap. Her eyebrow perks when she sees the dossier and wishes to read it, but waits until her chance comes.
sorry for the late post..
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Prince's Exit

Post by Bitom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:42 am

The Prince slides a folder acrosss the table to Duke. "You'll find all pertinant data about Vanessa in there. If you have any further questions, the phone number of the investigator who put that Dossier together is on the inside cover. He is my Ghoul, so you may be completely honest with him, although please do not do so over the phone."

He then stands and leaves the room, unless one of you has reason to stop him. He leaves the door open. It is as much of an invitation as the ghoul outside is going to get. The Price doesn't even acknowledge his existance.

The Dossier is complete in a way that only a document written by a professional investigator who has been keeping tabs on the subject since birth can be. Everything you could want to know is in there if you are willing to read long enough.... except perhaps where she is and why she left.
I'm not going to detail everything: I'm not a professional investigator and don't have all year to type it all. Any question you want to know is there for the having with a low-diff research roll. Just ask, either in spoiler or PM.

Bave
Level 2
Level 2

Re: The Prince's Exit

Post by Bave » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:35 am

Leopold patiently waits at the door. He doesn't even make an attempt to appear as if he's guarding it. That would almost certainly attracted more attention than he could handle. Occasionally he does glance at the Tremere, mostly because of the reaction she had on the surrounding kindred than anything else.
Finally the door opens again... revealing the Prince once more. Without a moment's though the ghoul kneels once more. This time he remains so for hardly a second. Apparently the prince has given the task, or warning, and now is on his way to business as usual. Standing at the threshold Leo looks at his master, voicelessly asking the question "What now?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Duke grabs the dossier as it skids across the table to stop under his hand. *Thunmp* He drops a paw on it and spins it around, flipping through it to two locations, the first to the newest picture of the girl, Need to what what the tart looks like first of all. Once he's studied the picture for a minute or two he unclips it from the paper clip and passes it around the room, "This is our girl, anyone happen to know her? Doubt it will be that easy, but you never know." He then flips to the section with her most recent activies, friends she hangs out with, local clubs she visists, last boyfriend, and what her car might look like if she has one, and where it was last seen." He glances up at Leo and nods him into the room, "The Prince has given us a task, we aren't dead yet."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:28 pm

Foster stands in reaction to the prince's movement, his head bows more out of a respect of his position than the man himself. Holding back any words until the prince is gone. The Nosferatu then walks to the door and closes it before the Ventrues puppet can enter. "It seems we have our work cut out for us, may I see the file"? Then he sits back down in his chair. "I hope we are to be compensated for our efforts it is the princes problem and our resources and time"?. Leaning back in his chair as he watches the others reactions to his comment.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...