Chapter 1.1: Being a loner is SO goth

The elders can't be stopped, but their inhumanity can't be accepted either. Moving to another city accopmplishes nothing, the situation is the same everywhere. Now the only hpe is to band together. As a group, maybe you and the other young ones can resist the political tides that threaten to erode that which makes you human.

A Vampire: the Masquerade game run by Bitom
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Chapter 1.1: Back at the Haven

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:51 am

The sounds of an angry swarm precedes the entrance of the Nosferatu. He enters slamming open the door, the smell of burnt toast instantly assails the nostrils of everyone present. "Damn their eyes. Camera's, guards, snobbish rich folk, if it wouldn't break the masquerade i'd diassemble the entire complex". Foster is not speaking to anyone in particular he is simply venting. He throws himself into his favorite chair and broods for a few moments, "Duke tell me that you had better luck.".

I hope I get another chance at that place, prince or no prince; I will not lose to a group of mere mortals.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:18 pm

The Venture sigh as Foster arrive clearly angry and unsuccessfull. "I take it you didn't glean any information either?" He pushes a portion of the dossier to the middle of the table, open to a section about her last boyfriend. "No luck at the Goth Club, Harold claims to have learned something, but the damn punk vanished shortly after and refuses to to tell us anything." He notices the picture of the boyfriend seemingly looking back up at him from the table. "Maybe its time to pay the boyfriend a visist, I'm starting to feel a bit peckish."

Where the HELL is Harold!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:38 pm

"Why is Harold being so evasive"? Foster studies the photo of the boyfriend. "What do we have on this little piss ant, Duke"? The Nosferatu begins to slowly spin the photo by the corner with his long finger. As he talks the insects about his person begin the lull. The smell of burnt toast slowly changing to that of cinnomin as he calms down. "I'm begining to wonder if the prince is just trying to keep us out of his hair while something big is going down elsewhere".
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:02 am

Maira quietly followed the others back to the house after having no luck at the Club. She tries to relax on the coach as the others speak. She quickly pitches in when the time comes, "I doubt that Foster, the fact that were 'in the prince's hair', I mean." She looks to the others and smiles, "my next move would be the boyfriend as well..."
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:18 pm

Duke shakes his head at the Nosveratu, "We got nothing much ont his guy. Lets see..." He takes up a few pages of information that lists all the previous boyfriends, he reads a few paragraphs about the most recent one, focusing on his job, school status, family position in the city, money, and any places he hangs out...
Let Bit fill in those gaps about the boyfriend.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:15 am

Saturday, June 24 2006 02:53 AM

The boyfriend's name is Chad Nader. Unlike many of her previous boyfriends, he is in her financial league, but apparently also likes slumming at the clubs intown. He's a regular at Flood Damage (Which Maria identifies as being owned by one of the higher-up Toreador in the city) He doesn't work, lives at his fathers house and stands to inherit a decent amount of money when the old man kicks it. For now, he's just graduated high school with unremarkable, but adequate grades, and is due to go to either Cornell or Yale, but a decision has not been made as of the Investigators last check.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:49 am

Still spinning the picture of the boyfriend idly Foster looks up, "What could she possibly see in this boy. Obviously she's quite bright". A roach passes across the nosferatu's face from his collar to his ear then disappearing. A look of mild anger interupts his face as he utters, "Do we wait for the rest or pay this unsuspecting fool a visit on our own? We do have a time limit after all"?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:11 am

Duke leans back, "Yeah and that time limit is 6am. I'm staying in the rest of the night. Dawn comes early around here and I'm about to get caught outside for a sun tan over some punk boyfriend." He stands up and paces the room a bit, "Where the hell is Harold!" He slams his fist into the table top. He takes a portion of the investigator's notes and then stalks off into a room he uses a his private haven here in this slum the cotiere uses. He is in no mood to risk anything tonight and will study up on what he's taken, and then get some 'sleep' until tomorrow night.
I'm cool with FF to tomorrow night.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:56 am

"Perhaps your right, maybe the rest will return with better news". Foster rises from the table and heads for the basement, "If they return before sunrise call me i'll be below? Upon reaching the cellar door he pauses as if waiting for Duke or Maria to respond, then continues down the steps closing the paint challenged door behind him. I weary of this meager task already, why would Joseph allow such a misuse of his resources?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:02 am

"This is ridiculous," Bard says, opening his cell phone and looking up his contacts from his previous life. He calls the number, asks for the contact to look up anything known about the boyfriend, his family, the girl, or her family.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name