Chapter 1.2: The next night

The elders can't be stopped, but their inhumanity can't be accepted either. Moving to another city accopmplishes nothing, the situation is the same everywhere. Now the only hpe is to band together. As a group, maybe you and the other young ones can resist the political tides that threaten to erode that which makes you human.

A Vampire: the Masquerade game run by Bitom
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The Prince

Post by Bitom » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:08 pm

The prince stares at the screen for a little bit, then asks. "Have you any idea what she is doing on an abandoned oil platform?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:47 pm

"Kidnapped?" Duke shrugs, he was hoping the Prince would have more input than that. "I take it this Bargo Enterprises isn't Kindred run, that you know of? If you like we can go and take a look, and bring her home. That was the plan but we didn't want to step on any toes if this was the haven of some Malkavian Baron we didn't know about." He gives a sickly smile.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Harold sits forward a little and decides to fill in at least a few of the details that Duke left out. "She was hanging out with a group of cultists, at least by word of her last boyfriend. A bit out of character for a girl of her status, but she may have been trying to play them and failed." Harold scratches his arm absently under the gaze of the prince. "We thought we should check in though, too many thing don' add up properly. Her with a cult, about a month of her life that your detective missed, an oil platform that seems well beyond the means of the aforementioned cultists, and a group of idiot cultists abducting a girl that seems quite capable and connected. It suggests a larger player, which with your interest in the girl, suggests another kindred." Harold says flatly, likely not his best idea in the circumstances. "What to do next was a decision we felt best left to our superior."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 pm

ths prince nods once again. "As it happens, I am familiar with the owner of Bargo enterprises, and with many of his activities. It stands to be determined whether his people have taken an interest in Vanessa because of my connection to her, or if it is coincidence. Either way, you have all done well, and I have no more need of your services in this matter. Please prepare notes on what you found and present them to my investigator. I will take over matters from here."

And without answering any questions or providing any information to the assembled neonates, the most powerful elder in the city stands and prepares to leave.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:02 am

Bard zips up the relevant files in Winzip, names the zip BARGO, and prepares to transfer the file however the investigator sees fit.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:28 am

Harold looks over at Duke and Bard, "You guys knows jsut as much as I do, feel free to throw my name on the report." Harold concludes and then rises to his feet. It's starting to get early but Harold doesn't really have the means to get home on his own. "I'll be in the lobby, I could use a ride back to the haven."

Standing up to follow the prince out Harold makes a point of staying on this side of the hall while he heads to the lobby. There are things in this world that you are better off no knowing, and what the hell the elders were doing to Marvin is certainly one of them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:37 am

Duke nods to the Prince, "As you command my Prince. Bard you can fill out the report, you seem to know your way around that laptop." He stands and bows to the Prince. "Anyone needing a ride, lets go. Haven time, before the sun is up."

If there is nothing else, Duke waits for the others and heads home. Still hungry, but willing to wait till tomorrow night.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring