Chapter 1.2: The next night

The elders can't be stopped, but their inhumanity can't be accepted either. Moving to another city accopmplishes nothing, the situation is the same everywhere. Now the only hpe is to band together. As a group, maybe you and the other young ones can resist the political tides that threaten to erode that which makes you human.

A Vampire: the Masquerade game run by Bitom
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Chapter 1.2: The next night

Post by Bitom » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:38 pm

Saturday, June 24 2006 08:30 PM

Thew sun rises and everyone goes to their various places of the communal haven, rather than returning to their various personal havens. The one story house has too few rooms that are intended to be bedrooms, but the group has turned everything that can conceivably be used as such into a haven. Foster even makes use of the tiny crawlspace used for the house's plumbing, and is lucky to have that. If the house was newer, the plumbing would run through the attic instead, and vents make that place dangerously bright during the day.

14 hours of daylight pass. 14 hours of activity happens in a hectic world of mortal awareness. A million things happen that might affect the slumbering vampires and they have no ability to keep up. Death has claimed them for a time.

Finally, the sun sets and death relinquishes its grip. To the vampire mind, no time has passed. But they know that in the world outside their heads, the day is gone, and death has taken its toll of blood from them each.
Last edited by Bitom on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Chapter 1.2: The next night

Post by od » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Harold will awaken, wander into the living room and crash down on the couch. "Bloody hell I'm hungry," he says to no one in particular. It'd be nice to go grab a bite to eat but he should probably check in with the group first.

Harold

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Duke wakes from one of the lower room, an office at one time, the old desk tip up over the heavily curtained window to block out the sun. He sleeps in the closet of the office on a bed of old coats and clothing left over from the old owners of the place. The closet door slides open, the double mirrored door shows he reflection as he exits - old movie superstitions don't bother him. He arrives in the common room and spots Harold, "You blood sucking son of a bitch where have you been?" He shakes his head and consider calling his Ghoul Leo to get daily updates, but for now, waits on that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:06 pm

Recovering from his unearthly slumber Foster awakes and inches his way back through the crawlspace. Moving to the old double basin sink in the laundry room, he begins the process of removing the prior nights filth from his person. A noise, a quick flash of movement and the Nosferatu finds a possible snack. As a juicy rat makes its way beneath the rusted water heater. Which has stood gaurd these many years over a kingdom of cobwebs and boxes of forgotten memories.
Foster calls the four legged mobil snack to himself then lulls it into a false sense of security. Animalism 1 and 3. If more than one answers the call he will attempt to gain his fill. Still focusing his effort on the fat little vermin he saw first.
Last edited by MadVlat on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:29 pm

Harold shrugs at Duke's question. "I was getting information, though I think it ended up being a dead end. Our girls gothy friends ain't all human, and none of them are Cam. But, from what they say...and well an uzi in your face makes most stories believable they don't know shit. Word is the boyfriend may be our best lead." Standing up he scratches an itch on his forearm. "Oh, and going 90 down the interstate while clutching to the roof rack of Exterra...probably not a good idea."

Harold

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 pm

Duke is brushing his hair, the Vampire, like others newly embraced, also clings to many of those things that make him human - grooming one of them. "Where the hell did you go? You left the club and I was looking for you for like an hour (more like 10 minutes)." He shakes his head, "Regardless, if our little girl has Superfriends I'm not so sure this boyfriend is going to be the worst of our troubles." He shakes his head, cosiders getting breakfast before setting out but dials up Leo instead.
Note to MV, Bitom has mentioned several times that Florida has no basements - this house has no basement. The water table is way to high to have basements like in normal homes. This one has a tiny crawlspace for wires and pipes. Just thought you'd want to know.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:31 am

Maria wakes from her slumber, pushing the heavy blankets off of her and lifting herself from the bed he laided on. She claimed one of the rooms and dressed it up as best she could with dark sheets and desinges that fit her mood. She slips into another of her thin-long dresses again. She too clings to her human natater as she still sleeps in the nude, taking the time to remove and replace all of her clothing.

Walking in to the common room after the others, she looks around licking one of her teeth. "Food sounds good..."
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:41 pm

Duke's phone emits an annoying "We're sorry. The Cellular user you have tried to contact is outside of the service area. To leave a message, press one, or wait for the tone. To send a numerical page, press 2. ... BEEP"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 pm

"Leo! Wake up buddy. Need some info. Its Duke. Call me back." He flips his phone closed and sticks it in his pocket. "Alright, I'm a bit hungry, but can wait for now. Looks lets go find the boyfriend and see what we can drain from him." He motions at the door, "I'll drive."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09 pm

Bard awakens, stoic as always, and simply announces. "I called some contacts last night, and I could not find out anything, unless we want to make a bribe or something. That might bring some attention to what I am doing, and that is not really a good thing. Having the CIA looking into what an agent on sabbatical is doing, that's a Kindred, well, talk about a potential issue with the Masquerade." He shrugs, "I figured there was something more behind this. If I had to guess, I would say she's been obducted by another Kindred, trying to leverage the Prince for something."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name