The Yogi and The Bear - Chapter 6

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: The Trees are Alive With The Sound of Death!

Post by od » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:05 am

The Brahmin releases Shamad's hand and wanders past him towards the small stream, "It is simple really," he begins, pointing to the water, "The river flows. What is good upstream will be carried down to those at the delta, and that which is corrupt and diseased will as well. The spirits sent me here to try to cleanse this place." Looking to the crackling bonfire that was once a noble treant Vivec's face registers pain for an instance. "It seems though, that this plague is beyond my ability. Its source seems to come from Mahanaga itself. I must venture there soon, duty demands it, but I doubt I will survive alone." The last piece holds little emotion, as though Vivec is simply relating a fact, not discussing his likely demise.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:19 am

"There is not certainty in doom," Shamad says, "Even when it seems to be truth." He follows the man toward the river, "What temple do you hail from?" he asks, Shamad nods to Ghanji and Sujata, indicating they should follow him. "We too are heading toward Mahanaga, and it would not be unwise for us to walk the same path. I would assure you, where we go, you shall find the corruption, or the corruption will come to us. That is our lot in life."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:25 am

Ghanji and Sujata follow behind Shamad, their feet sucking in the mud as they walk through it. It seems as if this new Brahmin Vivec travels with a bit more ease through the mud and marshlands while the rest of you struggle -- save Toranoshi, who still is in hiding someplace.

Sujata listens intently and reverantly to the Brahmin, very pleased to see one of the Devatta's servants here working toward a similar goal. Ghanji actually smiles, "At least, Shamad, we know that we are not the only ones working toward saving the Mahavana. Singh and now Lakshamana far to the south are doing something while Bhalluka wars." He turns his head westwards, and softly he speaks to know one, "I wonder how Lord Prasad fairs?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:27 am

The Brahmin thinks on Shamads proposal for a moment. "It seems the gods have brought us together, it is not my place to ignore that. I will travel with you to the city of the forsaken, but I cannot leave there until this corruption is banished." The Brahmin looks around at the battered party, "Now that the future is decided. What of the present? Your men looks well beaten upon, do you require healing?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:30 am

Shamad nods, "Undoubtedly," looking back to the Hengeyoki, "We are pressed for supplies, and most of our food has a hint of disease to it." He frowns, "We could rest here and discuss our plans, or press on until nightfall and rest." He pauses, "I believe we should keep moving, though you might purify our food, you cannot make it out of nothing."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:55 am

The Brahmin nods, "I will do what I can with the food. But you are correct there are limits to the gifts the spirits have given me. If you run out of food I may be able to find a way to keep you and your men alive." As they travel and Ghanji speaks Vivec shakes his head in response to the comment. "Lakshmana does not join the fight. I am here on the River's behalf, not the islands."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:30 am

Ghanji looks a bit askew, "The River's behalf? Then you speak to the Devatta of the Bahanis River? We are truely blessed if that is so." Ghanji looks over at Shamad and nods at his cousin, something passing between them before speaking to Vivec. "You should know, we have another with us, a dhuka that even now spies on us from the forest. His name is Toranoshi Daruka. While of low caste and status, he is a proven friend and ally." Ghanji stops and points across the water at Azora. "He is with us as well." He says no more on that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:36 am

Shamad interjects somewhat, "All who travel with us can be counted on with their lives." He pauses, "Newcomers shall be judged upon their merits. We have seen much deception from friends, and it has cost us." Shamad looks over the brahmin, "I shall not let such deception occur again, I promise the deva that."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:53 am

Vivec ignores the slight accusation that hangs in the air. "Each of us have our duties in this life," he states in his continuously flat tone, "it would be arrogant of me to look down upon the other castes simply because their duties are beneath me. It is the Deva's place to judge and to reward or punish by assigning the duties of the next life." Adjusting the pack on his back he keeps walking. "As Brahmin I help those that do not know their dharma find it, but I praise those that do whether they be Brahmin or untouchable and wish them well in the next life."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: The Trees are Alive With The Sound of Murder!

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:56 am

Ghanji nods in agreement with Shamad, "We are trusting men, and it has cost us. Prove to us that you are a liar and we shall take what steps we must to protect ourselves and our cause."

Sujata does not seem as angry or suspicious as they rest. She is younger perhaps or not as experienced in the ways of betrayal as the others. She remains silent a bit longer then realizes she never properly introduced herself. "I am Sujata Prasad, Devapala of the Temple of the Great Bear." It would seem now that there are three memebers of House Prasad from the City State of Bhalluka here.