The Lotus and The Baboon - Chapter 1

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Lizardman Village: Combat Round 6

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 18, 2004 9:36 pm

Round Initiative: Toranoshi: 16, Ghanji: 13, Azora: 12, Shamad: 11, Giant Lizard: 5
The battle continues, only 2 of our heros stand against the giant lizard that has taken control of the field. However the massive beast is slow, too slow. Darting from out of the edge of the jungle some distance away from the others comes Toranoshi. As the huge lizard has turned itself around its come closer to the dhuka, and the man takes advantage of this. His choora out, he rushes at the reptile blade flashing in the hot sweaty jungle air. Alone, he leaps at the huge animal, the attack certainly a suprise as the creature is focusing on trampling Azora into pulp. However the beast turns its head as Toranoshi closes that last few feet. It is not fast enough. Blood sprays from the corroted artery of the massive reptile, the blow from Toranoshi striking a critical area on the throat, and with that, the giant lizard threat is ended. The beat topples to the ground with a whine, forcing Toranoshi to tumble clear of the bulk but not far enough to avoid the splashing wave of swamp water that drenched the man. Within a few more moments the thrashing tail of the creature stops and the field is dead silent.
Attack Giant Lizard: 25/19 CRITICAL! for 10 Damage.
Waisting no time Azora rushes to Ghanji and holds his head up, with a vial of some unknown liquid he force feeds the Shikari. After a moment Ghanji opens his eyes and spits up slightly groaning and moaning still in terrible pain, but awake, and alive!
Azora Uses Healing Potion on Ghanji: 6 Points healed. Ghanji is up to 2 Hps.
Shamad manages to get to his feet and cross the distance back to the main group. The three men are together, but terribly wounded. Toranoshi stands some distance away, nearer to the ruins than the others. There among the ruins is a touch of movement, the same place Shashakar fled into.
Hit Point Recap: Azora: 19/30, Ghanji 2/27,Shamad 1/35, Toranoshi 15/21
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 20, 2004 4:54 pm

Shamad slowly makes his way over toward the downed Ghanji and the rest of the group. His face is devoid of color and each step follows with a grimace the forms over his face.

"Ghanji," he asks, his words choaking back pain, "Are you all right?"

He looks down at the man, assuming that after the "potion" the man shall survive. "I do believe I could use ... whatever potion can calm the burn of my chest."

He touches his side and then stomach timidly. "I believe I have some broken bones." He spits onto the ground, a trace of blood following with his spit. "And perhaps I bleed."

The Kshatriya looks about, making sure everything is calm. "So falls another of our enemy. Praise be to the Devas."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 20, 2004 11:58 pm

Azora keeps his eyes on the moving shadows within the ruins, "Toranoshi, see if you can't give us an idea of just what happen to Shashakar in that ruin. I have a dose or two of that ointment we found in the Swami's cave left, I'll tend to these two." With that the Baladhara rumages in his pack pulling out the ceramic jar that was found in swami Durjaya's cave. "Lie still you two..." with that Azora puts a healthy dose of the ointment all over Shamad's chest. The burning feeling begins to fade, and most of the pain is gone. The ribs are still broken of course, but the longer the ointment sets the more effective pain killer it becomes. Next Azora takes the last bit of paste from the jar and rubs it on Ghanji's shoulder and neck, the Shikari's face relaxes as the pain fades away. Both men, while no where near good health have come around quite nicely with just that application. Unfortunately the jar is now empty. "We are out of this ointment it seems." Azora puts the empty jar back into his pack.

With the massive pain gone, Ghanji can now sit up and praises the devas along with Shamad. "We have killed the warriors of the Stained Scale, but Shashakar escaped didn't she?" Azora nods in reply, and gives the man a quick recap of what he missed while unconsience. "We must find Shashakar and the tribe's brood. No doubt she will be protecting the young." Ghanji also goes into his pack and brings out his healer's bundle. With the salves and bandages that are within he tends to the three present alongs side of him.
Healing and HP Update: Ointment +10 HP to both, Healing Skill from Ghanji +3Hp to each. HP Update: Azora 21/30, Ghanji 15/27, Shamad 14/35, Toranoshi 15/21
Ghanji and Azora both ready themselves for what must come. By now the entangling plants have stoped, and the jungle has returned to normal. Azora recovers his crossbow, and reloads it aimed toward the ruins. Ghanji follows suit with his own bow somehow undamaged by the rampaging lizard beast.

The camp is silent, other than a bit of noise from the birds over head. Fires smolder now, trampled into the muck by the giant lizard. Still there are guard posts set with a few javelins at the ready some distance from you all. The camp is unexplored at this point, and the two strange contraptions on the far side still untouched by the group.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun May 23, 2004 9:15 pm

"We should be weary," Shamad says, walking toward the contraptions slowly. "What are those?" he asks of no one inparticular.

His head turns toward Toranoshi, "Be careful," he comments, awaiting him to seek the Shaman. Shamad himself wonders toward where he dropped his longbow, collecting it from the jungle.

As he returns to the camp, he continues forward somewhat, watching for anything amiss.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon May 24, 2004 6:40 pm

Azora looks around the swamp area again, as Ghanji binds his wounds. He waits for Toranoshi to return with some info, however, he does not wait by just standing still.

He begins to move closer to the ruins, making his way past one of the stations with javelins. His crossbow remains up and ready the entire time.

As he nears a station, he glances back over his shoulder, towards where Shamad and Ghanji currently stand.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2004 3:56 am

Ghanji draws an arrow and follows along side Shamad. Both Kshatriya move with stiff corpse like motions. Their near death experience incredibly painful, and if not for the ointment of the swami they would not be moving at all. Never-the-less, the men are honor bound to continue, and they make their ancestors proud. Azora moves out between the two men and Toranoshi a bit swifter than the others.

Toranoshi, the man slips quietly to the ruins and then back again to Azora half way in the field. He motions for the others and in a whisper speaks, "Shashakar is inside, so area dozen others. They appear to be young lizardmen, and lizardwomen. They stand guard around...well it must be a nest of some kind, with a few large eggs."

The dhuka looks at the others fearfully, "We have fought a hard fight already, but I am ready if you are for one last battle." Ghanji interrupts, "There is something not right about this. I am no butcher, I do not kill women and children, even if they are the enemy." A pained expression crosses his face, torn between two options. The group has found itself standing next to one of the strange contraptions, and both Azora and Shamad, while listening, have also had a moment to look the device over.

It is not one device but several alchemical devices. Bottles, burners, cooling coils, mortars and pestals. All of these things are set out on a low llog along side bundles of wet herbs and oiled leathered wrappings. Even without knowledge of the the art, its clear that this 'contraption' is used in refining the Lotus plant into the poison that has harmed Pequot.

Ghanji looks at the others, "What do we do?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue May 25, 2004 4:13 am

"What are now young and simple creatures shall one day kill and hunt our people," Shamad says, no wavering to his speedh.

"They shall brew this lotus until they have killed all of Pequot," he says, pausing, "And perhaps Bhakulla. What if they sell their lotus to the Yuan-ti for their lives. Then we do not have simple lizardmen, but instead our mortal enemy with such a poison."

Shamad looks over to Ghanji, "And the Yuan-ti will find a more suitable and effective use for it against us."

"Perhaps slaying them is cold and ruthless. But I do not see many options other than slaying them or leaving them. They certainly cannot be bargained with. Azora, Toranoshi, what do you think?"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 25, 2004 6:27 pm

Azora looks around the clearing again, thought consuming him as he looks to the devices.

"We must dispose of the Shashakar who lead the attack against the village. And, we must break, or otherwise disable these apparati." He motions towards the contraption nearest that looks like it distills the poison.

"For that much at least, I am willing."

He pauses to wait and see what the others say, however, the majority of his attention shifts back to the ruins. His crossbow has not wavered in pointing at them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Vaha Bharna Coya: The Stained Scale Tribe

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2004 7:31 pm

Ghanji replies, "I agree with Azora, the Baladhara speaks with reason Shamad. We must defeat Shashakar, and destroy the lizardmen's ability to make more posion, but I shall not slaughter innocents. Such an act is an act of the Yuan-ti, and we are House Prasad, we share no traits of the Yuan-ti." The Shikari Kshatriya seems torn however, between defending his duty and showing mercy to those that are innocent. He is about to continue when Toranoshi gives a sharp whistle and then vanishes into the shadows around a few mangrove trees. Everyone attention turns toward the ruins...

Climb up from the inside of the ruin to the top of a crumbled wall is Shashakar. She stands with her hands up, palms outward, a sign of truce. "Mercccy!" She shouts at those that stand only some 30 feet from the ruins now. "Mercy for the Vaha Bharna Coya. Hoomans, I asssk you to sspare my children. I assk you to ssshow us merccy. The devattas ssspeak and make it clear you are foes mosst worthy. You are great hoomans, and ssso I assk you to sspare my tribe, let the Vaha Bharna Coya live."

Ghanji draws back on his bow, incase it is a trick. Azora's crossbow takes aim at the shaman without thinking, and Shamad stands stalwartly beside them. Toranoshi once again lost to the jungle.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue May 25, 2004 9:25 pm

Shamad starts to be swayed by Azora and Ghanji, but the arrival of the shaman changes his mind.

"What rubbish," he barks, pointing his tulwar toward the injured Shashakar. "Where was the mercy you showed the village of Pequot?!?" His teeth nash together, his face strained. "You posioned innocent children and killed many more."

He spits upon the ground, "Tell us, why should we show you mercy when you have shown our people none?"

The Kshatriya levels his tulwar before him, into more of a fighting pose, and it becomes clear that the Shashakar's answer may serve as Shamad judgement upon her and her trible.