The Lotus and The Baboon - Chapter 1

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:47 pm

Durning Shamad's tale, Ghanji and Toranoshi sit and interject at points that they feel are relevent to themselves. Ghanji's words always show himself and Shamad in a fairer light than the other lower caste members. Asuman returns with more food and cool drinks for the group and everyone has the chance to eat and drink their fill. The tale is a long one, and by the end of it Narmada has returned with a sack of her potions and herbs ready to tend to the group. All this while the Brahmin at the table sits quiet listening to the story. I know Joni is catching up with posts and will post herself here soon.

Tej Keji asks a few questions from time to time about the tale all the while he seems intrested in what Shamad and Ghanji have to say the most, but he does not seem rude to the others. Finally when the tale ends he replys to Shamad. "You have had quite the adventure, and have all proven yourselves worthy servants of Bhalluka. Your runner had not fallen. When he arrived in Bhalluka Lord Prasad did what he could to gather up some forces to send to aid you. However there was a small problem in the city, that required our attention at once. When that was handled Lord Prasad had me lead the men here along with the venerable Brahmin Kalyani here. Where are my manors, please introductions are in order." He continues on and will pause when the Brahmin introduces herself. "Asuman has informed me that we arrived a day after you departed. You have nothing to worry about now, I, Tej Keji will keep an eye on this village. Tell me what are you plans now? It seems that its only prudent that the Swami be found and these Yuan-ti be handled quickly if they are linering so close to Pequot."

Narmada gives a shout, "They aren't going anywhere for a while. Look at them, half dead!" the old herbalist begins to lay out her ointments and potables. She mixes up some teas, and begins to tend to your bandages, and wounds whether you like it or not. She may only be a shudra, but you can't help but listen to the old woman.

After the meal, and the tale, and healing, and introductions. The group will spend a few days in the village resting, training with Tej Keji, and getting to know the new arrivals.
Feel free to talk among yourselfs, introductions to Joni, etc. I'm going to allow a short time to pass for healing and leveling up. Azora, Ghanji, Tora, and Shamad have gained 4300 XP placing you all at 8315 and 4th level. Characters have already been leveled up, I still need Azora however. This is a good time to split up the 'treasure' gained during the adventure as well.

Here Ends "The Lotus and Baboon" Chapter One of the Mahasarpa Campaign. The story will pick up where this leaves off in Chapter Two. I want to thank all the players for their dedicated posting to the game, and for making this the most successfull forum here on the website to date! I hope that Chapter Two will continue on with this great tradition and high standard of role playing. The story will roll right over into Chapter Two so direct your posts and reading to Chapter Two.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring