Ruins of Mahanaga - Chapter 7

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Return of Nakan

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Ghanji nods to Shamad, "This temple needs a good cleaning, Bhalluka style." He looks at the others, those staying, "Ready yourselves for battle. We are going to clear this place out." He looks at the Mystic of Nog, "Who is he going with?" Ghanji also doesn't understand the concepts of magic that Rhokti and Vivec are debating about using to search in two directions at once. He would rather be hunting Yuan-ti, and here in the old capital of Mahanaga, he can do that much as least.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:28 pm

"That is up to him," Vivec then bestows a blessing on Shamad to help heal his wounds and holds out his hands, prepared to teleport those he has selected to travel with him.
Not real sure what wounds Shamad has. I'll sac commune with lesser spirit though to heal him.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 pm

Nakan's head spins as the debate rages back and forth, he is still trying to grasp the situation. He smiles as Ghanji wants to hunt the snakes that stil remain, he also is finally clued in to where he is.
"This is the ancient City?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:24 pm

Ghanji nods to Nakan, "You have missed much. Let me explain what I can." He begins to tell Nakan what's happened since he was turned to stone, he gives the date, it is 15 days later, half a month has passed since Nakan drew breath. "You see we had no way to help you, so we were forced to continue on. Along the way we battled yuan-ti and lizardfolk as well as the undead of Saurama. We have learned an important thing. Here in the swamp, this unnatural tainted place, if a creature dies, it will rise from the dead oon its own. You must remove its head, or burn it greatly with fire or acid to prevent this. That is a lesson we learned the hard way." He takes out his bow and begins to clean it, "Brahmin Hamin Al-Raftha and Miikra his jaguar learned the lesson the hard way. They fell to a tide of undead skulls not long after we left you. We met Brahmin Vivec along the way, he is of Lakshmana to the far south along the river and the sea. He seeks the cause of the taint to this once fair region, and I believe we have shown him -- Saurama. We found an ancient outpost of Mahanaga the old captial. Yuan-ti slavers where working it, and so we attacked and freed Pusan the Yogi from it." He indicates each man as he speaks. "We freed the fortresss from the Yuan-ti, defeating a great Anathema, a Childe of Nagini and won a victory for all of Mahasarpa. We traveled then to here, the Silver Crown, and found him." He points at the strangely dressed Zakharan Mystic, "He is the yogi we sought, a Mystic of a placed he calls Nog, an ancient kingdom of the west. Zakhara, a place of deserts and heretics, is his homeland. He has shown us many things, and we have learned finally what the Mhuktar claims to be, Pusan a font of knowledge on that, if he is to be believed." He rolls his eyes showing Nakan that he doesn't believe it himself. "Rhokti has gained the ability to travel through the Void, which you have witnessed now. Through this he has returned to Bhalluka, but it is over run, and fallen. The High Brahmin flees south with the refugees of the city toward Virscika along the river. Lord Prasad, your lord, is dead." He glances at Shamad and Sujata, "There is no way to know how many more Prasad's have also fallen."

He breaths in, "So now, now we split our search, for the High Brahmin and the reguees, but also for the Dali Lama, the holy man of the mountains who can shed more light on the Mhuktar and its role. Most importantly however, we have learned from the Mystic of Nog that there are others seeking to bring about the Prophecy to awaken Saurama, who have traveled west to Zakhara, perhaps claiming to be the Harbingers. We must continue on our path to stop the Prophecy, so ready yourself Nakan Vassal of Prasad." Ghanji answers any other of Nakan's questions.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:34 am

Pusan listens intently while the others speak. Noticing the subtle slights spoken by Ghanji. Bhadda begins to glow a darker blue than usual or is it the play of shadows on the gem.
Yes Bhadda. It is true they do not trust Pusan. Even the holy mukhtar himself has his doubts. What am I to do? I have not given them reason to doubt my words. I have simply spoken the truth as I learned it.
The tiny emiciated yogi's face cringes involuntarily as his thoughts circle about his mind.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 pm

Azora flexes his shoulders as the order he tried to get passed is finally given... he has been waiting to take on the temple for a while now. His muscles are still sore from his tremendous attacks on the worm, however, the best way to soothe them is to behead more snakes.

The man grins.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:27 pm

The Mystic looks around and then at the Brahmin and those prepairing to depart. "<Ancient> If you travel to the port city, might I travel with you? From there I can return home via a merchant ship."

Vivec is calling on a prayer to the Devatta to heal Shamad, the large wound the Kshaitrya took from the vita of the strange beast at Old Baboon Hill mostly heals. Others are also wounded and still hurt from last night, weak from poison and the rest and Vivec takes a quick look at the health of everyone.
Toranoshi - Full Health but not here
Sujata - Full Health
Shamad - 103/120HPs
Rhokti - CON -2 (@12), 33/43(33)HPs
Pusan - Full Health
Nakan - Full Health Surprisingly Enough
Ghanji - 75/78HPs
Azora - CON -7 (@9), 57/97(57)HPs
Vivec - Full Health
Heads up. This Chapter is nearly over. Once the group splits, I will begin two seperate threads, both of them then next chapter. I will work up XP and hand it out, so watch your emails, because I'll also send you your current character sheets as I have them.

Great RP all, and keep it up. This is still my favorite game to DM. Please realize too that with 9 fulltime characters in the game, it does require you folks to make real efforts to post often to this game. Luckily everyone is really pretty good about it, but there is always room for improvement and more posting, espcially when interacting with each other.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Nakan approaches Azora, "So Rhokti tells me you have found your place in the celestial order? And that Ghanji is not happy with this arrangement." He puts his hand on the shoulder of his friend.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 pm

Vivec nods to the the Ancient Zakharan, "It would be possible. I'll need to leave some one behind though...Shamad I think it will be best if you remain. I can tell the Raja of Bhulka's fate." He then looks to Toranashi, the yogi from afar, and Rhotki and extends his hands. "Let us be off then."
A misreading of teleport made me thing I could take 4 people, but it's actually just 3

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 pm

Shamad simply nods, "Do not tarry." He secures his pack on his shoulders and prepares to aid Ghanji and the others now that the plan has changed slightly. Shamad rolls his shoulders, loosening his body that has tightened from the healing he received.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name