The Serpents and The Tiger - Chapter 2

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Serpents and The Tiger - Chapter 2

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:03 pm

Here begins the second installment of the Mahasarpa Campaign. The story for Chapter One "The Lotus and the Baboon" has resolved a single plot line where in the Lizardfolk of The Stained Scale Tribe attempted to create a lotus posion to gain control over the village of Pequot. The plan was thwarted by the heros Azora, Shamad, Ghanji and Toranoshi. Returned to the village after several adventures the group has found the village under the full protection of House Prasad lead by the Kshatriya Tej Keji Prasad. Among the troops is a Brahmin Kalyani come to aid the Kshatriya as well as a dozen professional Signha.

Several days have past since the ending of "The Lotus and Baboon" and the party has had time to heal their wounds under the guidance of the old herbalist woman Narmada. They have also had time to reflect on their expereinces gaining new wisdom and insight, as well as a few new tricks learned from Tej Keji's sword arm. The characters are now leveled up to 4th and fully healed.

It comes a day when the old Narmada finally agrees that everyone is fit for activity again, and you find yourselves gathered once more in "The Golden Monkey Inn" sitting around a table, eating and drinking lightly with Tej Keji and the Brahmin Kaylani Who has remained aloof and quiet these last few days, until now. I will eventually let you post in Joni :)

Ghanji sits, a chicken bone in hand, chewing on the suculent meat, "We have been idle long enough. It is time we consider our next action."
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:08 am

Kalyani is aloof by nature. She is a beautiful young priestess with long black hair. She may seem rude by her quiet presence but she reveres silence and contemplation before action. This favor for Lord Prasad is turning out to make her uncomfortable. All of these men. They make her feel unclean, the way they look when they think she is not looking.

Through these past few days she has been in quiet contemplation praying to Mahabhalla and meditating (mentally and physically).

She turns to Ghanji, "Do you have a plan of action? We don't want to rush into something blindly."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:23 pm

Ghanji leans back on his hands, confortable on the pillow. Speaking to the Brahmin for the first time. "I think it only right that we seek out the Yuan-ti that have captured the Swami from Old Baboon Hill. From what Shashakar told us before she died the Yuan-ti aren't but a day's travel to the northeast." He turns from Kaylani to Azora, "When we first met Azora, were you not coming from that direction? You didn't notice anything then did you?" His tone is a bit degrogatory, clearly he doesn't expect Azora to have seen anything.

Toranoshi sits quite at the table drinking from a bottle of fermented plantains. Tej Keji nods to Ghanji's first thoughts. "I think that you must seek out this Durjaya, we must not allow the Yuan-ti any victory, even if we know nothing of this man or his connection to that 'verse' you read in his cave."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:24 pm

Shamad has remained silent, only listening to this point. He frowns as Ghanji obviously speaks to Azora in the way only a caste system would allow. He says nothing of it, only speaking after some length as the other's words draw to a halt.

"We cannot trust the Shashakar. That does not mean we do not proceed to the northeast, however. But it could as easily be a trap than where the Yuan-ti are located. Or it could be both."

He taps a finger upon the scrolls of the lizardwoman Shaman. "She obviously was behind the poisoning of the child, and only the Devas know what else." Looking over toward Azora, he almost answers for the man, "I am sure if he would have seen anything he would have told us by now. We do not all have your gifts for the jungle."

Amazingly, Shamad stands up for Azora. For sometimes war brings men together, no matter their station in life. Obviously this is slow to compute of Ghanji's mind.

"I too believe we must attempt to find the Swami, but I must spend some time at the local "temple" first," his eyes flutter over to Kalyani. "I would appreciate if you could conduct a short service for me ... and my ancestors."

He fingers his tulwar as he speaks of the "service".
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:45 pm

Kalyani replies immediately, "Of course, Noble Warrior, I will assist you in any means I can to prepare for what may come." There is a hint of a smirk on her face looking towards Ghanji, as she calls Shamad a Noble Warrior, as if to slight Ghanji. She is not at all please with how he treats anyone in a lower caste.

If this becomes more irksome then I might be forced to rectify the situation.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 pm

Azora shakes his head slightly at Ghanji's accusation.

Bastard! Some things never change!

However, this doesn't affect Az's outward appearance. Instead, he remains seated, and continues to eat, watching the discussions of those in the higher castes.

They've already said everything that I could add to this discussion.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:12 pm

Ghanji isn't effected by the others reaction to his words. He is Kshatriya, and it is his right to act in such a manner. Thankfully, this snobbery wasn't as pronounced on the road. Perhaps it has to do with the sudden arrival of the Brahmin, and a superior Kshatriya Tej Keji from Bhalluka. Either way the Shikari finishes his meal and stands. "I have taken a few things from the spoils we have gained so far. The rest I give to Shamad. I shall speak with Asuman and Narmada and see about getting us supplies for the trip to save the Swami. Toranoshi, come." He gives the order and the dhuka Toranoshi responds amazingly well. "Yes Ghanji."

The two men move to exit the Inn together when Toranoshi stops at the door way, "I too have taken what I wanted already. Shamad, you may have the rest of it as well. Just remember that even the shudra caste understands the tenents of generosity." He glances to Ghanji with a wry smile and the two men exit to prepair their things, and supplies for the group.

Tej Keji drinks from his cup through the whole thing then continues. "I shall stay here with the forces of House Prasad while you investigate. Kaylani I presume you will want to travel with these men and see to their safety. Shamad, preform your rite to the ancestors, but you should all prepair to leave at first light, already you have spent many days here."
After speaking with everyone in chat, the spoils of war have been divided up. Shamad has just enough to perform his rituals at the small shrine to Mahabhalla in the village. It will require meditation, and some prayers from our Brahmin, but it will work. I will make the appropriate adjustments to everyone character sheets for the treasure, etc..

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:31 pm

Kalyani spends the time in meditation for the Kshatriya's needs as well as additional time in contemplation of the situation in general. Even though she is of a Brahmin caste she feels there should be respect given to all, not just those in your caste or higher castes.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:25 am

Shamad spends the remainder of his time in Pequot in meditation, save the final hour before the party is to leave.

He sees visions of battles won a blood spilt. His father, his father's father, his grandfather, and his great grandfather.

Each have passed their tulwar to their first born son, and now the burden belongs to Shamad. And each had passed in peace, and not war, but each had fought, killed, and sacraficed.

Hamish, Shamad's brother, had been dead two years now, almost to the day. He was only a boy of nineteen, but he was a gifted archer and statesmen. But one day, he and four other men, would press into the jungle and never come back.

Shamad prayed that he might find his brother's tulwar and kris so that he might pass them on to Hamish's son, now an infant three years of age.

An hour before they group were to leave, Shamad ends his meditation, dressed for travel, and bids farewell to the small girl that had been poisoned.

Standing outside the Golden Monkey, he waits for the rest of his "friends" to arrive.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:07 pm

When the appointed time comes for the group to depart on their new journey, Azora is more than ready. In fact, he was up extra early this morning, preparing to depart. His food is all packed and slung over his shoulder and his armor is donned.

He is resting lightly in the main square when the others arrive. He nods to the others when the arrive, but says nothing.