The Serpents and The Tiger - Chapter 2

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:37 pm

Watching back up the steps towards the top of the ziggurat, Azora watches the Rakshasa come to the edge of the flat top and watch the party scamper away.

He too scampers away.

"No. It will not follow. It has just been released and is now going to go about gathering strength."

He glances around at what everyone is holding. He approaches a few of the members holding lots of items, particularly Shamad, Kalyani and Swami Durjaya. "Here, let me carry some of that stuff. You'll be able to move much more quickly and I can carry quite a bit more before I am slowed."

After the group has had a chance to run from the temple for a time, he collapses as the acid hits him yet again, taking him to 10% of his total vitality. He lies folded up on the ground for a while, items that he was carrying spewed around him, assuming that none of the rest of the party will come to his aid.

Finally, after a few minutes of lying on the ground, he forces his mind to calm down and he regains his psionic focus. He then uses his mind's power to mend his broken and torn body.
Using Body Adjustment. 3 PPs for 1d12 healed.
He walks into camp probably about 1/2 an hour after everyone else (assuming that noone cared that he dropped). He looks much better for his quickened journey from the contaminated temple.

He then contributes the items he was carrying to the communal pile in the camp, and then goes to sit down, leaning back against a tree trunk.

He looks over towards the new Shaman to the group. "So, just what is the Breath of the Devas and why were you looking for it, Sharma?"

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:51 pm

Nakan Seeing Azora drop will tend to him helping cray some of the load, when azora is set he will rejoin the party.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:55 pm

Rhokit shifts into his monkey form, the one he is most comfortable in and climbs off into the branches lost to the jungle from the main group. He can keep an eye and ear on them, but he himself is most hidden.

Azora, arriving later, as only Nakan helps him carry a few things focuses his mind and forces his body to accelerate its natural healing. After some time much of the acid damage is gone, but the Baladhara is still in bad shape -- as is most everyone.
Actually you only have 4 points left, and so can only heal d12. Heal 8 Points now @ 12/40 with 1 PP left
The swami paces around the edge of the camp, its arm up behind his head scratching his back, muttering to himself for a long while. Ghanji helps the villager into the 'camp' putting him down in the most hidden part. With a kind hand he takes out his flask of water and gives the poor man something to drink. "Not too much at once..." Administering aid he answers Shamad, "We found this man, and Nakan's Brahmin at the temple top..." he motions at the two men and then continues on to tell the tall of what happened. "...and when Azora took the stone, that's when the Rakshasa came." The story is told, he does not sugar coat it, and points the finger at Azora for the folly.

He turns back to aiding the villager when the Swami chimes in. "Yes, yes. Rakshasa, very very bad man. Can not be harmed by minor magics, can not be harmed by normal weapons. Ooot." He jumps up from the roots and grabs a low branch swinging up to pearch on it, his staff pointing at the group as a whole, "Only the weapon of the most holy sort can harm it. Eeee, eee. You must peirce it with a holy weapon, and blessed weapon." He shakes his head, picking the fleas from his legs absent mindedly. "But, hmmm, Rakshasa is terrible devatta, terrible devil. It must be slain, but can not be slain. Ooot!" He screachs almost as if he is in pain and bangs his staff on his head a few times 'thinking', "Oooot! Can not be killed. No no, not right, that's not right... Oooot!"

The goods found at the temple, along with those things found below are piled in the middle of the camp along with those things left behind to make your travels light. Among the goods are the Brahmin Sharma's things.
Sharma can gather back the things on his character sheet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:03 pm

"If we cannot harm it, there is no reason for us to rush off after it to our deaths."

Shamad sighs, unloading much of the gear he had carried. "We need to go back to Pequot. Perhaps there we can figure out what to do. I wished we could speak to Lord Prasad, he would know what to do, or some of the high ranking Brahmin."

"We should rest, then make for Pequot at first light, this will give us some time to decide, time we need, and reorganize there."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Pyran
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pyran » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:16 am

Upon arriving at the camp Sharma gathers his clothing and tries as best as he can fix his appearance befitting someone of his station. Once done he mutters a prayer asking for forgiveness.

Returning to the group Sharma introduces himself.
"I am Sharma Variya, member of the Singhapallaki, Defender of Singh."

Putting his hands together, raising them to his chest in a formal greeting position, Sharma bows to Kalyani. The others only gets a less formal nod.

"First I would like to thank you for helping my friend Nakan, and for saving my life, a debt I will not forget."

"As for the Breath of the Deva, two weeks ago my superior received a vision warning him of its existance. The vision hinted that the Breath could cause some inbalance in the Kharmic Wheel. I do not know what the Breath is or what it looks like, but I felt its presence from the tunnel where the Rakshasa emerged. We must find a way to defeat the Rakshasa and neutralize the threat that the Breath posses."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:40 am

"That My Friend is easier said then done, we will need to rest and regroup, a return to this groups village will be most fortunate. WE can write or visit the temple and report what we have found, maybee seek advice. it will giv eus time to rest and heal."

Nakan then procedes to change his badages, applying fresh ones , he then sets about the buisness of eating, whatever rations he can find.

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:24 pm

Kalyani returns the Brahmin's bow. She is infuriated by this whole adventure and finds herself wishes she had stayed home.

She goes through camp to the most injured offering water and what she has left for healing.
go ahead and finish off the zeroth level stuff to whoever will take the healing
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:40 pm

The group is able to speak with one another and finish introductions. Sharma gathers his personal belongings and redresses in his haori and armor, showing the proper amount of piousness as he does. Eventually Kalyani moves to Shamad offering him a two small blessings, each one a simple anoitment of water repeated twice. Once finished she moves to Nakan and preforms the same two blessings to the Muni.
Cure Minor Wounds x2 on Shamad, and x2 on Nakan +2 HPs each. Shamad @ 11/48, Nakan @ 19/36. Everyone else, other than Azora is full or near enough to full.
Ghanji listens to Sharma and the Swami each speak. "This Breath of the Devas is guarded by the Rakshasa. If the Swami is right we cannot kill the Rakshasa at this point. I agree with Shamad, we must head back to Pequot rest. Word can be sent to Lord Prasad or the Temple of Mahabhalla if Tej Keji is still in Pequot. Either way, there is much day light left, let us rest a while and then move on." He looks back at the canyon and the log, "We still must cross the river."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Pyran
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pyran » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:51 pm

Sharma helps Nakan to clean up his wounds, "Allow me to help you with your wounds. You are right ofcourse, we must report what we have found to High Brahmin Bhishma. Let's hope we are not too late."

After Sharma is done, he offers prayers of healing for Nakan and anyone else who is in need.
1 cure mod, 1 cure light on Nakan. The rest of my spells on others

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:34 pm

Still lost in the branches of the tree, Rhokti continues to observe the humans (and Durjaya) with interest. After a time, he hunts for a small bit of fruit to sate his hunger, but quickly returns to his vigil.