The Serpents and The Tiger - Chapter 2

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:08 pm

Toranoshi just sits on the ground and watches the group that surrounds him. From time to time he looks over his shoulder towards the ziggurat just to see if something is about to happen. Though as Ghanji speaks, he looks upon the man and then in the direction of the river. With a low sigh he arises and just speaks out a few low words.

"Let's go, the longer we wait the greater the threat against us..."

And with that he moves away a bit from the group and looks towards the canyon and the river that lies ahead.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:09 pm

Sharma offers his prayers to Singhaphalla and the devatta granting Nakan a healing blessing that revitalizes the Muni. The wounds from Azora's blade heal over, the aches and pains vanish mostly, and the man feels refreshed after one blessing.

Turning to the others Sharma works his skill with the spirits of healing with Shamad and Azora as well. The men feel much better after several prayers and a short meditation with Sharma.
Cure Mod on Nakan +19 - Nakan at full
Cure Light on Shamad +11, +12, +12 Shamad at full
Cure Light on Azora +11, Azora @ 33/40
Cure Minor Wounds on the Villager! +1 HP
The group spends some time gathere as they are speaking with one another, watching the temple, and sorting out who will carry what and when they will leave, etc. During this hour Ghanji speaks with the villager whos name you learn is Kanak. "...continue." Ghanji says to the man as he explains what happened to him.

"We were attacked. We didn't even see them coming. They can turn into snakes, and snakes in the Mahavana as you know are far too common to pay much attention too. It was a dear mistake. They ambushed us before we knew what was going on. Some of us tried to fight back, the Shikari and the hunters of the camp put down one of them, but it was already too late. The village was on fire, and they shot us down where ever we ran. They took a dozen of us capture to use in their rituals. One by one they dragged us off and fed us that vial elixer of theirs. Some of us survived it, some of us didn't. Those that died were the lucky ones, the others became beasts. Wild deformed servants of the Yuan-ti!" He spits the words.

Ghanji comments, "The Broodguard. Kanak, please tell me did you know Rama Shilpa? A Shikari of Chun?" His voice is desperate, like a man that walks on the edge of a Tulwar ready to fall off either side of the balde or be cut in half by it.

"Rama? Yes I knew her." He grows silent, sad, Kanak lifts his head with a sigh, "She was strong. Always brought back some of the finest kills. She was captured with the rest of us." He reaches out to stop Ghanji as the man stands ready to run back to the temple to search for her. "Forget it! She's gone now. She drank the elixer, she survived the toxins, oh but had she not it would have been better for her. She became one of them..." the man lets it go at that.

Ghanji curses, standing and pacing the edge of the cames. He stands next to Shamad and leans in speaking in a low angry tone, "You know what this means don't you brother? We killed her. We killed Rama." He stares the other House Prasad man down and then peals away from him heading to the edge of the camp. With a soft trembling voice he lifts his head to the canope, up above sits Rhokti unknown to Ghanji. "I vow I shall never rest till every single one of these abominations is slain. I vow to you Rama to never rest in my hunt to avenge you."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:15 pm

"It is good old friend i feel better then i have all day."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:43 pm

Shamad follows Ghanji, the two men very different, but held together by the bond of their class and duty. "No Ghanji. Rama died when she became a Bloodguard. That was /not/ Rama. It was an abomination of her flesh and blood, nothing more."

Shamad turns, looking back to the camp, "I agree with Toranoshi. Let us go, we have many miles before we will reach Pequot. There could be more Yuan-ti about, not to mention the devil that has been released."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Azora listens intently to Sharma. "This, Breath of the Devas, you are sure it is not the Rakshasa? That will also bring imbalance to the Kharmic Wheel."

He ponder a few moments. "Hmm. If the Rakshasa is guarding the Breath of the Devas, as it appears that it is, since we have not been followed by it yet, then the Breath is either very good or more vile than the Rakshasa and the Yuan-ti added together."

Interesting concept -- either good or bad -- how to decide which it is?

He nods his agreement with the notions to return to Pequot.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:59 pm

Pequot? I have never been there... I wonder what awaits us... and if desetruction will walk in our wake.

Quietly laying on his branch, Rhokti absently rubs the back of his ear with his tail while he listens to the postulations of his new 'village'.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:45 pm

The desides, back to Pequot, atleast for now. After a portion of rest where you are the group gathers its things and heads for the heavy log that spans the river gorge. "It is the only way." Comments Ghanji. Slowly one by one, without a rush the group begins the crossing. With the stronger members holding more of the groups things you manage to get nearly fully across when Ghanji begins across aiding the villager. Twice the two nearly fall, but finally everyone safely makes it over.

The trip to Pequot is a three day venture. Traveling back through the jungle generally the way you came the first night comes. Sharing rations, and water no trouble follows you except the constant droning of insects. The next day dawns bright, the Brahmin's praying for guiance, and even the Swami and Ghanji meditating. The day threatens rain, but it never comes. The humid air is ripe with bitting insects, and the heat of the full day is hard for to take for those in heavy armor, ever except Azora. Azora seems uneffected by the heat, or by the undergrowth that you stuggle through. Ghanji does his best to lead the group on a clear trail, using his machte to help push back the undergrowth, but it you all can't help but notice Azora's ease of travel. Night falls.

The day dawns again, hot, but not as humid and you thank the devatta for that. "We near Chun." the villager alerts the group. In fact you are nearly a top it when he warns you. The jungle peals back some and there is the empty burned out shell of the hunting village of Chun. Flies gather in large groups over the bodies of the fallen, both men and Yuan-ti. The smell comming from the village dances on the breeze, a thick stench of rotting decay. With a hand over his mouth and nose Ghanji enters into the village. "Go. Leave me. You can find you way from here." He motions down a trail, and in fact you do believe that any one of you could now lead the group from Chun to Pequot save for Nakan and Sharma who have never been here before.

The villager Kanak starts to weep at the sight of his home, and at the sight of the reamains of the dead left unburried, untended, rotting for the mongoose and flies to take them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:22 pm

"Let him go," says Shamad. His eyes pass over the burnt town, and then sighs deeply. "Such suffering. And for what?"

Shaking his head, he calls out, "Do not be too long Ghanji. I will take them on to Pequot."

He waves to everyone, "Let us go. We dare not waste time. Ghanji can catch up with us easily."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:00 pm

Nakan Fi'Je Stands stunned and mute at the sight of the village, He turns pale and his hands tremble violently, so unlike and against the usual grace and discipline the others have seen from him. He drops to his knees as his legs will no longer support him. His fists clench tight and the color returns to his face, along witha feral determination.
"Sharma.... My Friend..... We have been far to sheltered in the monestary. If Evil such as this is abound, I cannot comprehend why we do not do everything we can to stop it...." He rises to his feet.

"When we return to the Monestary I am going to reliquish my duties as Guardian. I Vow, on the souls of these innocent people, and in their honor to right what injustices i may find, to hunt down and destroy what evil can so wantonly waste life. I will be a Just Warrior, I shall know pain and suffering, I shall know Joy and Sorrow, and I Shall Know Justice!"

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:33 pm

Toranoshi does not say a word and stays somewhat behind the rest of the traveling that group, that appears to grow. His eyes rests for quite some time upon the Swami who they rescued, and the wheels of Toranoshi's brain appear to be working. Finally the man appears to realize something and drops his backpack upon the ground and digs for a long moment. Some objects are lifted, others are concealed. Though in the end a book is withdrawn from the backpack and with it in his hand he walks up to the Swami and calmly states the obvious,

"Swami, I believe this book belongs to you...we found it within your home in that cave...." he silences and hands it over. Though his eyes moves and he looks upon Azora for a moment with a much concerned look, though his gaze soon falls back upon the Swami.