The Serpents and The Tiger - Chapter 2

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:39 pm

Shamad nods, "I agree," he says without hesitation. "I do wish the Lord's guidance. I pray that my decisions have not been against his will thusfar."

He looks over toward Toranoshi who made the trip from Bhalluka as well. "I hope Ghanji returns soon," he comments, "I would very much like him with us."

Looking around at the others, "I would like all of us to go. Those of us now cursed by this devil, we shall need to deal with its existence. We have formed a bond not easily broken."

He stands up from his seat, "We shall leave tomorrow, shortly after first light, be prepared."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:45 pm

Toranoshi looks upon the swami and mumbles as he hears the words, ' can not be killed' and also remembering his bolt being burried in the chest of the of the demon, only to cause laughter.

He mumbles the riddle low under his breath, and so he reaches the middle of it.
Her sleeping place a raksha guards,
A demon servant true and strong;
A blessed bolt shall end his wards,

"A blessed bolt shall end his wards? We can kill him with the right bolt..." is the words coming from Toranoshi, who basically ignores the words from Shamad about returning to Bhalluka..., "We need to find a blessed bolt...."
He almost appears eager now.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:53 pm

"Perhaps," responds Shamad, nodding as he does so. "Either way, we are going to Bhalluka for guidance. Both our Brahmin and Lord can assist us there."

Shamad moves out of the room, heading to find a night of peace in what has seemed like a thousand more of turmoil.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:24 am

Azora travels quietly, lugging as much of the weight of the group's total belongings as he can. Still the added weight does not slow him, nor hinder his ability to pass through the jungle with ease. Those who think back on it might remember that he began exhibiting these powers shortly after the encounter at the Lizardman Camp. Also around that time, he has gained the ability to heal the injuries to his body just by concentrating on them.

Mind over Matter. Things have definitely changed with Azora.

However, they allow him to survive in the jungle and lend what aid he can to the rest of the group.

Once back in Pequot and Toranoshi approaches him, clapping him on the back, Azora smiles at the Dhuka. As the other continues his speech, the smile lessens, but does not become a grimace.

He can do nothing but nod to the other. "I would expect nothing less. We have more than enough problems dealing with the encroaching snakes than having to worry about people as well." He pauses a moment. "If any were to do it, I would wish it were a friend." The smile returns for a moment, "though I would wish that friend to attempt to rescue me first!"

He breaks into a bit of laughter. It has already come to that. "I must thank you for what you did for me back at the ziggurat. By grabbing me, you allowed my mind to regain control from the snakes. I do not know how nor why it happened, but it did."

He then thinks to the other ziggurat. "You must believe me, I did not release that devil being on purpose. This blade," he pats the obsidian blade at his side, "was just as much in need of rescue as the men chained between the structures. If I had known that the structures would collapse in on themselves, you must believe me that I would have waited until you are done. However, you are a miracle worker, it seems!"

He pauses for a moment, looking down at his battered and beaten sword. "You were there when I surrendered to the group as a whole. You already know my outlook on this. If you believe I have turned, then strike me down now and be done with it."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:28 am

As the riddle is recited again, Azora goes deathly pale, cup dropping from his hands, clattering onto the table.

He glances first at Toranoshi and then to the Swami. After a few minutes he finally is able to work his mouth again. "Swami... why is it you had that passage scrawled on the walls of your home?"

He then looks upon Sharma and Nakan. "This Breath of the Devas you seek. Can you tell us more about it? It seems to be inherently linked to the 'she' mentioned in the writings."

Finally, he nods his agreement to Shamad, voicing nothing. To reach Bhalluka as soon as possible will be for the best.

Joni
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Joni » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:48 pm

As soon as Kalyani has had time to regain her spells for the day, she goes about all the healing she can.
i know i gotta get her leveled up and what not, so just use whatever level spells for healing and save one magic weapon and one spiritual weapon.
Her face visibly lightens as she recognizes Tej Keji. She waits to see if he too recognizes her although she knows that she must look travel weary and below her station. She is glad to be in a somewhat safe place for the night. She does not add anything to the conversation. She has also requested that Thrishna stay outside the village, but close. She would not want harm to come to her new friend.
~Tina Warrior Physicist~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:13 pm

Kalyani goes about healing the group during the travels, and still the old Narmada complains about the look of everyone. However everyone feels much better since they have arrived in Pequot, the idea of sleeping in a building, with armed House Prasad guards all about is comforting to all.

The conversations continue into the night between one another. The one that draws some attention is between Azora and Durjaya. The Hengeyoki, in his human form gives a small chitter, "I heard those words. The came to me on the wind, the wind said them, I wrote them down. I could not help but write them down. Something is happening, something very very bad." He then stands up, "My home. I must return home. Many days since I have been home. The big man city is no place for me, no no no, I will not go to Bhalluka. I will return home, Rhokti will go with you." He pokes the silent Rhokti, "Yes, you will represent us. You will go and guard these men, from themselves. It is time you see the big man city, all of us should see it once, then you will understand more Rhokti."

Tej Keji smiles at the sight of Kalyani and during the evening makes small talk with the Brahmin throughout the evening, finding out more about the adventures the group has had, and perhaps flirting abit with the woman, no so much as to be scandelous, but enough to be noticed.

...Someplace outside the village Trishana settles in for the night, a soft purring come froms the bear's throat as it dreams of fish and rest...

...In the center of Chun stands Ghanji, dirt and grim covering his face. Leaning for a few minutes on a shovel found among the ruins he wipes the soot from his brow. "They still do not understand my love. They still think I'm being foolish, being emotional. They mean well, but they are blind Rama." A hand fingers a band of gold in his pocket, a wedding band.

He returns to the edge of the village and continues digging the graves for those that have fallen. The Kshatriya bends and lifts a dead rotting body and puts it into the grave. He does the job of the Chandala, the unclean, the lowest of the castes...

The End
Here ends "Chapter 2 - Serpents and the Tiger" of the Mahasarpa Campaign. Everyone has done a great job of role playing throughout this chapter. I have already awarded XP to players. Chapter 3 will start with the dawn of the next day. Congrats to everyone for a game well played.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring