Two Paths Diverge: Mahanaga - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Riots! Riots! Riots!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Rhokti shouts his applogy about the boats and then flies to join the others on their own not-on-fire boat. The Monkey Hengeyokai lands on the deck with the others. Ghanji nods, "Nice work Rhokti." He relaxes his bow, the threat now completely gone.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Rhokti grins, then stumbles on the rocking deck. Although monkeys are surefooted, this movement is different than the blowing wind in the trees, and he doesn't like it. Taking a cue from the mystic, he lifts himself a foot off of the deck and seems much better.

This done, he turns to Janak. "I'm sorry about the dock... I've never used that spell before... I thought that the wet would... well... wouldn't burn as quickly as it did. I'm afraid that I've given the Maha raja man more reason to fear foreigners."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Shamad shakes his head, "I would not worry about it, Rhokti, I do not think anything we would have done, for ill or good, would have changed that egomaniacs mind."

He sighs, "Everyone has done well, thank you," he says, "Toranoshi, where is the captain, I would like to give him my thanks."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm

When Rhokti returns Janak is standing at the back rail looking sadly back at the burning dock and the riot going on around it. "I understand," he replies quietly. "But that's how riots are." He lifts one side of his mouth up in a mockery of a smile. "For all we know, you may have prevented worse damage by breaking up the rioters and the soldiers. some. It's not unheard of for things to burn in a riot." He keeps staring at the receding city as he talks.

"As for making Kharan Djikah hate foreigners more..." He shakes his head. "The man's gone already gone insane with power. If it wasn't this, he'd have found something else to blame on foreigners. And with his new decree, I can't imagine the city will feel the loss of one dock. Most of them will likely remain empty for as long as this mad decree remains in effect."

After another moment the shaper turns around and looks at Rhokti. "But thank you for trying. It's all anyone can ask."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Toranoshi mutely points to the captain, indicating to Shamad that this is the man to speak to. His stunned expression barely flickers from Rhokti, and for a long moment he is silent. Finally, almost unbidden:

"You can fly?!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Shamad cannot help but to chuckle, grabbing Toranoshi on the shoulder, "Nothing surprises me anymore with Rhokti," he says with a smile, walking toward the captain slowly as the he attempts to get used to the rocking motion of the ship.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Rhokti looks down at his feet, hovering a foot from the deck. "Apparently yes... I'm glad it works as well as I thought. I've never tried before. It is good... I do not like boats much. They have an alarming tendency to sink."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

"As do monkeys; perhaps this boat, like you, will prove an exception." Toranoshi slowly begins to acclimate himself to this strange new development. "Still, it is good you are safe. Our escape was well-aided by your power."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Ghanji is holding the rail, rocking back and forth on the ship. "So he can fly, I'm more interested in those walls of fire. That was a nice trick." Ghanji turns and looks at Janak, "The Seven Kingdoms suffer greatly, Bhalluka is in ruins, in the hands of the Yuan-ti.." he spits at their mention, "and now Lakshmana and Gandhara are under the rule of a mad man. We can only hope that Singha and Vriscika remain strong, or we will have nothing to come home to once we stop the Destroyer." The Shikari shifts from side to side with the motion of the boat.

The Corsair Captain is at the helm of the Sambuk, he is a slender dark skinned man with a bandana wrapped around his head, a wide curved scimitar at his side, and billowing clothing of bright colors. He is speaking with the Mystic actually, the old man has floated over to him and the two are in conversation with one another. The rest of the Corsairs are busy working and so leave you to be. The Sha'ir, with his wind spell filling the sail has his eyes closed as he focuses on his task. A small gen floats just above his shoulder, like some one foot tall wind-monkey, watching Rhokti and Pazi with some interest.

Lakshmana's docks fall into the distance...
Here ends the chapter! Nicely done all. I will be awarding XP and starting the next chapter with the boat out at sea. Feel free to keep RPing among yourselves and talking, etc. I'll work on getting XP out asap.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring