Two Paths Diverge: Lakshmana - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Lakshmana - Chapter 8

Post by Bitom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:28 pm

Rhokti looks to where he believes the scrying 'Window' is and smiles. "Yes, Vivec. I will be able to bring us here tomorrow." Then he turns to Suryakant, one of the most holy people in all of Mahasarpa and speaks to him as if he were somehow down on the odd little man's level. "Hello high Brahmin man. Shamad has some questions for you, but I won't be able to bring him until tomorrow."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Vivec watches Rhotki interact and smiles, "Good then, it seems things are going well. Now let us just hope that I'll be able to scry the dhali lama tomorrow and we may be well on our way. I just hope Toranashi has had similar luck."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 pm

"Well then," Janak says, taking a deep breath. "I suppose I ought to get my things ready for tomorrow. Thankfully - most everything I need was ready already for my trip to the country. I'll also need to get word sent to my family and get a few documents prepared. I should have everything finished before dinner. Will you join me at my home for a meal? You could stay there tonight if you feel that it might not be safe for you here." He glances around Vivec's house.

"I can also leave Mani with you." He gestures at his psicrystal. "You can talk to me through him from pretty much anywhere in the city."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Vivec shakes his head, "I think I should be alright here. Rhotki and I can handle ourselves easily enough, and Toranashi should be arriving here tonight. Besides, sharing your home with me may have consequences when you return, or for your family while we are gone."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 pm

"My family is out of the city for the duration," Janak replies. "for similar reasons. While I don't think I've made any enemies in the city, I haven't exactly been out there making friends with the raja's men either. My family should be safe enough at my country house. It has some sturdy walls around it, and is solidly built. I can't imagine the authorities making too much effort to go after them."

"But perhaps you're right. It might be safer for everyone here. Would you like me to stay here as well, in case you have trouble tonight? I know an excellent place that could bring us some very excellent food. If you've been in the wilderness for a while, I'm sure you could use some warm,m hearty food."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Janak and Vivec talk about details as they watch Rhokti through the pool.

The High Brahmin, "Hello Rhokti. I see your abilties are growing, Durjaya would be proud." He looks past Rhokti, as if looking at someone standing behind the young man. "Ah, I see you already know that." He nods to this unseen figure and smiles. "You frustrate him Rhokti, becareful, it is only because he worries for you." The Brahmin folds his hands together and pauses only a moment. "You will bring Shamad to me? Do so in the early morning then, for we must continue our march to Singh, we have many sick and wounded, old and young, and this is no place for them. The march is long, but we shall endure."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm

"Vivec needs to do something in the morning, but I will bring Shamad as quickly as I can. If you need to move, do so. A group of four travels much faster than..." He looks at the mass of assembled people and gives up. "Lots. And you will be easy to track." He plucks a leaf from a nearby tree, eats it, then steps into the void again.
Last teleport, on the way back to Vivec... I hope.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:08 pm

The High Brahmin nods to the young man, it is strange perhaps for some to see how familiar one of the High Brahmin's station is with the irrevent man Rhokti. He never seems to take offense, and always seems to smile more with Rhokti around. With a leafe half stuck out of his mouth, and three sticking out of Pazi's mouth, Rhokti bangs his gourd covered staff on the soft dirt and vanishes from view in the pool.

There is a shuffle of air, and *BAMPHF* Rhokti and Pazi return to the house of Vivec. The little monkey girl on his shoulder gives a Ooot and leaps of his shoulder onto a nearby shelf where she stuffs the rest of the leaves into her mouth.
Last one. 12% Success
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 pm

"I don't think that is nessacary either Janek. Best to appear as normal as possible. I'll see you in the morning and we will head tot he temple." Vivec says.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:18 pm

"Very well," Janak replies. "I'll come here first thing in the morning, ready to travel. If you need me for anything, you know where my house is. I have a caretaker who'll be minding the place for me. So if I'm not there, you can leave word with either him or his wife."

Then the psion rises, gathers what few things he has and heads for the door. "Until tomorrow." He gives a bow and heads out the door, his mind already racing with all the things that need to be done.