Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Suryakant gives Shamad time enough to digest the new title. After many long minutes finally the High Holy Brahmin speaks again. "The people of Prasad must have a stong leader, and one that knows the way of things. Your House suffered greatly, perhaps the worst, in the attack. Each one of the Kshatriya dying an honorable death so that we might escape. I am saddened by the loss, but uplifted to know they shall be reborn of even higher glory and greatness."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:53 pm

"Each one?" Shamad asks, dumbfounded. "There are none left? None?" His face turns into one of utter devastation. He does not let his emotions spill forth any further, however, as he simply shakes his head as they continue to walk.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm

"Oh no no Shamad, there are some left. You are not the only one. My words perhaps came out wrong, but your House, it is much more small than it has ever been. Yet some still live." He is sorry for confusing Shamad, that is clear on his face. "I said that those that died, each died honorably."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Shamad lets out a deep breath, "Good," he says, "Who has ordained me Saradara?" he asks, knowing that there may be some who oppose him even in these times.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Suryakant strides along, the sea of refugees behind him and the other Brahmin. "I have. Though I supose it is not fully in my power to do so. However in these times, I don't see how there could be much debate, what with your service and your verterancy among the House. Perhaps a few others might claim it, but I doubt very much they will."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Shamad nods, "Perhaps not, High Brahmin Suryakant, but perhaps they will. For long I have had troubles with my distant family. They have attempted to use their connections to the Raja to broker an ill-fated marriage." He shrugs, "I have not really thought about it much lately, obviously, as my duties are far more important. But, with Sujata near ..." He blinks, forgetting himself, "Uh, anyway, I shall inform Ghanji and Sujata. If you could tell the Kshaitrya of my house I have accepted your endorsement, and that I shall return to them as soon as I can ..."

Finally he shrugs, "Either way, we are camped at Afsar Abranjin Jawali, currently .."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:46 pm

The High Brahmin listens to Shamad, "Those ones within your family shall hardly bother you any more. Nayan Prasad is not among the refugees." He doesn't say what happened to him. "Nor will the Raja's endorsement be an issue, not at this time." It is strange, but Shamad has not seen the banners of the Raja or his men among the refugees as of yet.

"The Crown of Silver Courage? Then you have found who you were looking for? This is very good, perhaps then, you will all be able to stop The Destroyer."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Rhokti trudges along, chewing on his knuckles. There was a question that the harbingers were to ask the high Brahmin man. It was the whole reason they came here, but it has been two days and many adventures, and Rhokti cannot remember what the question was.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Shamad might not remember what to ask as well, as he is busy with the High Brahmin about political affairs. "Where is the Raja? Did she escape? I have seen nothing of her house amongst the refugees?" He does not say anything about Nayan, likely he cares not that the man has been killed.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm

The High Brahmin looks at the ground as he walks, his strange white eyes are down cast. "The Raja, and her men, they remainded in the city. She refused to leave it. It was by her men's bravery and that of House Prasad and others that we were able to escape at all." He looks behind him at the sea of refuees walking along downtrodden and homeless now. "It was a great sacrifice, but she understood what needed to be done. The Deva shall protect her."