Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

Post by Bitom » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:36 pm

Rhokti continues chewing on his knuckles, mumbling "Now the six shall start to fall" as he does, but is still doesn't seem that his primary attention is on either the prophecy or the conversation happening before him.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Vivec walks along with the others as they reacquaint themselves with the High Brahmin. He says little letting Shamad meet witht he young man. "Shamad, you should tell the High Brahmin of our plan. We are here mostly for advice, as comforting as news on these matters is."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Shamad nods to Vivec, "You are right," he says. "High Brahmin, we met this mystic. He was from Zakhara, if I understand it all correctly." The man shrugs, "He has seen things in the stars, and speaks of the stars falling east, into the Island of the Elephant, or something like that. It is, I believe, representative of the Lost One, the Elephant Deva. He also speaks of those going before us from Mahasarpa, though I do not believe he knew who they were. It seems he advises us to go there." He pauses, "But, we also met a yogi of the Dali-Lama, he knew of the Mhuktar, which is Azora." He shakes his head, "They wish to go there, which I understand is in Zardula. And we decided it would be wise to follow both leads. Since we are able to teleport, thanks to Rhotki and Vivec, it does not seem impossible ..." He sighs at the end, giving the High Brahmin the short version of it all.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:39 am

The young High Brahmin is walking along with everyone and listens to Shamad. "The Dali Lama whom you speak of, if I understand the purpose of the Mhuktar correctly, would be among the Yogi in the moutains to the north, but perhaps Zardula in the East would also harbor such a man. The stars, they traveled west, that is the way of Zakhara, the land of burning sands, and of powerful creatures known as the Genie. I think that you plan is wise, but you must be careful. Splitting your focus, your attention may cause you to divide your strength and loose your focus. A banana in the hand is worth two in the tree. So the Vanaran saying goes." He thinks a while as he walks, "You must also not put the howda before the elephant. Somethings are more important than others. Would you build the second floor of a house before its foundation?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:46 am

Shamad nods, "I agree. I am worried that Azora will leave to the north," he thinks for a few moments, "If we do not consent to taking that course as well, and, I think it is important." He sighs, "I have heard that the Kali-Ma, or whatever it is called, is some sort of Shadar-kai Deva." He shakes his head, "Not really understanding exactly what it all means."

He waits for a few seconds, "When the yogi mentioned these others going West, and into Zakhara, who would they be? They seem to be attempting to bring the prophecy to fruition ..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:58 am

Suryakant finally stops walking, the moment he does, the other Brahmin stop, the Devapala stop, the Kshaitrya around the edge stop, and then the entire line of Refugees from here back miles come to a stop as their High Brahmin stops.

The reverance the young Brahmin instills in the people of Bhalluka is very obvious.

"The Shadar-Kai, they are dangerous Shadow Fey, creatures of the ancient world. Not to be trusted, and not to be believed. Yet they are no friends of The Destroyer. It was their Deva, the Kali-Ma, that came to Mahasarpa centuries ago, and lead Saurama right to us. The Kali-Ma is gone, defeated in the war of the Deva, but some of her order has lived on, the Mhuktar is faded shadow of those times." He closes his eyes, breaths in deeply. "The purpose and desires of these Shadar-Kai, if they even still work their power in our realm, is beyodn my sight. Yet it is Azora's destiny to fullfill his birthright as the Mhuktar, this I can see. Yet when and how his dharma catches up with him...I do not know."

The young man rubs the top of his head, shaved recently, and addresses the next statements. "There are many agents of The Destroyer that seek to bring the Prophecy about, Narmada, the old woman from Pequot for instance was not working alone. I believe all this time, there has been a counter force determined to bring about the Prophecy, using you and your friends Shamad for ill. Certainly it seems the Yuan-ti are working with them as well, and our two greatest foes, Saurama and Nagini are allies." His voice is laced with doom.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:05 am

"There is a yogi from the mountains that was looking for the Mhuktar, Azora," he says, shaking his head, "He seems to intend that the Kali-Ma is still worshiped, at least, and that Azora is his child." He sighs, "If this Kali-Ma is not to be trusted, than neither is this Dali-Lama, and perhaps we should not seek them out at all."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 am

"Is this Yogi Shadar-Kai? For those people, who are and walk in Shadow I trust not. Yet the Dali Lama has forever been a good man, as far as I know. Yet if men now worship the Kali-Ma they must be small indeed for I have not heard of this. It is, at the least, worth investigating. However, can you split your attention between Nagini, Saurama and the Kali-Ma? Have you the strength to lead the Harbingers as such Shamad and not forget your House among the refugees?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 am

"No, he is a man, though uncouth."

Shamad frowns, "He is difficult to understand. But it does seem, at least, he worships Azora above all others, but speaks of the Kali-Ma often. There were times I was confused in believing that the Kali-Ma was indeed the Dali Lama."

He looks over the brahmin, silent for a few seconds after his last words are spoken. "I am only a man. To fight against two Deva, and investigate another, who am I to say I have the strength of such. I also see no way I can lead my house without being here amongst them." His face looks lost in response.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 am

Suryakant nods, and then reaches out and places a hand on Shamad's shoulder. A blessing flows through Shamad, and his spirit feels refreshed and renewed, "Your House will be here when you return. Take heart Shamad Prasad, you are a hero of man, and have been chosen by Mahabhalla to lead his people to victory. Choose your path, and walk it with your head held high." He looks at Vivec and Rhokti and at Azora, who stands a ways off speaking with one of the Devapala about something, but not close enough to join the conversation, even as he is spoken about. "If the workings of the Deva are too much for you to pit yourself against, then choose a different foe."
Azora is a bit off to the side, speaking with the Devapala about private matters apparently. Once Bren is back he can leave that conversation and rejoin the main conversation.