Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Bhalluka Refugees - Chapter 8

Post by od » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Vivec nods as he listens, "You are right to believe that there are many agents. In Lakshma, the raja has declared himself the Maha-raja. It was confirmed to me by the Deva that Saurama's hand was involved. Though his army is not experienced he has begun to conqueror the lands around him."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 pm

The High Brahmin of Bhalluka looks directly at Vivec with his dead white orbs. "He declares himself Maharaja openly and moves to war? Then things are growing far more out of control then I thought. Bhalluka and now Lakshmana have fallen to the influence of Saurama and Nagini. I fear for the other city-states. Quite clearly we are living in dangerous times." The High Brahmin starts to walk again, and those around him start to walk again to keep pace, the Harbingers included. This gets the whole refugee train moving again as well in the matter of minutes. Plodding along slowly, "We must not waste time then debating the nature of shadows or the strength of allies. We must continue to act among our karma and dharma and pray to the Deva that we shall be victorious."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 pm

"Three. The Raja has conquered his neighbor to the north already." Vivec says simply, trying not to react tot he panic in the High Brahmin's voice.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:17 pm

"Gandharva? They are nothing but peaceful Brahmin and Swami. Things are certainly spiraling out of control." The Brahmin walks along slipping into deep contemplation.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:21 pm

"Lakshmana? Maharaja?" asks Shamad, "What an insult!" His face turns into a sneer, then frown, "I can hardly believe it." He continues walking, "I agree, Brahmin, perhaps we should be getting back." He takes a deep breath, "I hope Toranoshi is okay," he says in regards to his old dhuka friend in Lakshmana.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Rhokti shrugs, "Toranoshi is probably very happy. He likes the filthy city. Perhaps that is why he did not come back to us. Are we ready to leave?"

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Vivec looks to Shamad, "I think so. We mainly came here to ask the High Brahmin for his advice. It seems the answer is that our current path is good, but there may come a time when we will need to pick a direction and stay with it."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:58 pm

"I believe you are correct," Shamad says, taking a deep breath. "High Brahmin, is there anything else we should know, or do?" He waits for the High Brahmin's answer, ready to get back to the others and start their new journey.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Suryakant thinks on the many things, "We shall seek Singh, come and find me if you have need or seek guidance. With the Deva's blessing we shall all come safely to our neighbors and they will welcome us in." He looks forward, just speaking, "You must stop the Prophecy from coming to be, if too many wefts pass, it will matter not what else happens."

He clears his throat:

"The sleeping goddess shall awake
And start her lovely dance of doom
When seven tasks ye undertake
And seven wefts pass on the loom.
The second task has now been done:
The twin-soul was slain and rose.
The third weft is now begun:
The seventh bhuts great power grows.
Now the six shall start to fall,
Their death heralding the final doom.
The seventh one shall take them all
And string their souls upon the loom.
The third task now awaits your hands:
To find the talisman the goddess bore,
The skull-crowned glyph that wasted lands
And gave her bones the goddess wore.
Then shall the third weft cross the loom,
The seventh bhut arise in power;
Then shall Suaramas final doom
Draw nearer to the final hour."

He looks at the Harbinger, "Remember, the mout that speak this may speak different. It has before, and it will again. We can no longer protect the Ziggurat of the Moon, it will be dangerous there should you return to hear the voice again."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Shamad says, "I think I have finally thought of something," he says, "Now the six shall start to fall." He thinks for a moment, not saying anything, "The Seven Kingdoms. Bhalluka has fallen, Zardula, as well, and the seventh, Naga?" He looks at the others, "Though, the prophecy is always changing, moving."