Two Paths Diverge: Toranoshi Alone - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Toranoshi in Lakshmana

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:30 pm

The days find the dhuka restlessly prowling the city, both near the Brahmin's house and near the docks. Each day brings new anxieties, foes that must be conquered as surely as the occassional cutpurse. But Toranoshi is a killer - fear is a luxury he finds distasteful. He meditates when he can and prowls when he cannot, speaking with the Mystic and waiting for something to happen.
Don't sweat it - thanks for being patient with me this far!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Toranoshi has prowled the area around Vivec's house some, but eventually returns to the Noisy Dog, the house of ill repute he said he would be at in the note. Sitting with the Mystic, in this place with several other Zakharans and plenty of sailors and corsairs a lone man enters. Dressed like a Shudra he stands in the door way and calls out.

He even calls out in the mystic's language, content that shouts in odd languages are nothing strange in a place that caters to sailors from many lands. "<Ancient>I'm looking for the mystic and his friend Toranoshi. I'm a friend of Vivec's. We got your note!"

The Mystic taps Toranoshi on the shoulder to confirm he heard the man's words.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Toranoshi nods to the Mystic; either this is a friend or a ruse cunning enough to warrant investigation. He approaches the apparent Shudra. "<Ancient>A friend of Vivec's is a friend of mine. How fares the Brahmin?"
Sense Motive on the gentleman. No sense getting too trusting just yet.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Janak looks the Shudra over, but not without some suspicion. This could still be a trap set by the local government. "<Ancient> He's doing well," the shaper replies, "though the same can't be said for his home. After getting what he needed from the font he came here to obtain, we - he recruited me to help - joined the rest of your friends. He then made his trip to see the holy man he wished to consult."

I think I've found him, Mani, he says through the mental link to psicrystal. Please ask the others what question I can ask Toranoshi to make certain that I am speaking to the right man.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 pm

"<Ancient>This is excellent news! I also have good tidings; I have procured what he bade me procure, though obviously not without difficulty."

Keeping his words informative but not revealing, Toranoshi examines the reactions of his contact; a twitch of the eye, a quirk of the lip, any sign of deception.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Janak hears through Mani, "Just ask him his brother's name."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 pm

"<Ancient> Your friends said I should ask you your brother's name to verify who you are," Janak says to Toranoshi. "In return, I'll tell you where Vivec brought me when we left the city. That should settle both our worries."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:53 pm

"<Ancient>If you must ask, my friend, you have never had the burden of meeting Anoop. For this blessing you should thank all the devas."
Toranoshi speaks quickly, fluidly and wryly. When he is done, he waits for his new contact's own explanations.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Janak nods. "<Ancient> Shamad says that's right," he replies. "And now for my part. "Vivec took me to your camp in the ruins of Mahanaga itself. And from there to meet a variety of people. But we can talk of this later. He gestures towards the door. "Will you come with me to meet your friends?"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 pm

"<Ancient>Very well." The dhuka turns to the Mystic. "<Ancient>Hopefully we can finally get to the bottom of all this." So saying, he follows his new acquaintance out the door.