Two Paths Diverge: Toranoshi Alone - Chapter 8

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Two Paths Diverge: Toranoshi in Lakshmana

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 pm

The Mystic nods, and then tugs on Toranoshi's sleave, he inclines his head to the rooftop of a nearby building. Both men are able to see several dark clad men laying in wait on the rooftop. Toranoshi is being shadowed, watched, no doubt the men on the roof have been following him for a while now, seeking to see where he will go. The Mystic whispers, "<Ancient> I fear that they are waiting to see where we will go. If we continue on, we may place the others in grave danger." He pretends to adjust his robes, giving a reason for the pause as he looks away nonchalantly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:59 pm

"<Ancient>They seem to require discretion; perhaps we can finish this here and now." While seeming to await his companion's readiness, Toranoshi draws a smokestick with the greatest subtlety he can muster, passing it off as stretching or patting down his pockets should all else fail. "<Ancient>On my signal, make with the greatest speed for either the rooftops or the house of Vaashi. I would not demand you join me in this fight."
Sleight of Hand, I suppose, to draw smokestick and be prepared to light it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:07 am

The Mystic shakes his head, "<Ancient> This is our fight together Harbinger, yet we will hurt you chances of dealing with the Brahmin later if they catch wind of his location. I will stay with you, we must be sure the enemy doesn't know where we are heading, or else we may face far greater trouble." He eyes the smoke stick, its unlikely those on the roof have seen it.
Just to help with story continuity, you can't go back to Vivec's house tonight, because of what happened in their thread. Sorry to sort of force things here, but the story has to make sense in both threads.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:14 am

Toranoshi nods. "<Ancient>I am grateful, in truth. Though my skills are considerable, a single man against many is always made difficult."

In the back of the dhuka's mind, a momentary amusement. Harbinger...after all my years of training not to be seen, I am become a herald and sign. How the Shadows savor their ironies!

A smile quirks his lips as he lights the smokestick and engulfs himself and the Mystic in a cloud of smoke. When he is sure he is obscured, he will make for the walls.
Light the stick, move to the wall of the building these men hide on. Up the walls, if I can make it.
That makes sense. Taking out these guys may take some time anyway. Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 am

Smoke suddenly billows up from the location of Toranoshi and the Mystic. By the time the smoke clears the dhuka and his companion are gone. They are climbing up the wall of the building, Toranoshi has no trouble leaping from ledge to ledge, and the mystic, hovering off the ground all the time, seems to have no troubles scaling the walls as well. The two are three quarters of the way up the wall when they hear the men on the roof shouting, "They are gone! Saurama's Curse on them, where are they?"

The enemy doesn't see death only a few feet down the wall from them.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Foolish little man. I've been cursed by better men than you. Kama in hand, Toranoshi springs onto the roof, slashes the nearest opponent with the cruel weapon, and wraps himself in the Shadows' embrace. Fear is a poor general, and such maneuvers have a way of putting him in command.
Move up to roof, attack thug, ghost step to become invisible.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Toranoshi scales the last few feet of the building with ease. As he climbs he vanishes from sight, stepping into the ghost realm that he has learned to become one with. The sniper on the roof is unaware that Toranoshi has arrived, and he pays dearly for that. The dhuka slips the kama around the enemy's throat and with one smooth motion slits the man's throat from behind. The archer drops to the roof bleeding and gurggling out his life. Before the other man can react, the Mystic arrives and drives a fist, a fist that is a blaze with psionic fire, into his chest shattering ribs and collapsing lungs. The fire consumes the man's mind as he dies screaming in pain.

These two enemies are dead, but there may be more unseen foes about...
Sorry for the delay and the non-combat combat. I'm swamped.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Don't worry; you know firsthand that I can get the same way. I'm happy to return your patience!
Toranoshi scans the other rooftops and the street below, looking for any sign of other pursuit. "<Ancient>What folly the Destroyer engages in; her agents are chaff ground beneath a millstone."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:46 pm

The Mystic nods to Toranoshi, "<Ancient> If her agents can find us, others may as well. I might suggest we do not return to the home of the Brahmin tonight. We are being followed, perhaps by more than one person, and if we do return, it may bring danger or harm to those you name friends." He hovers there on the rooftop arms neatly folded, his mind refocusing.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu May 01, 2008 12:16 am

"<Ancient>Agreed. My own methods of communication are limited, however; can you think of a way to inform them of our activities without risking exposure?" Toranoshi's voice is level and his actions unhurried as he pats down the men who lay in wait for them. He might be negotiating the price of a mango for all the urgency in his manner; at last he is doing what he does best.