Isle of the Elephant - Chapter 9

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Gate of the Elephant Tusks

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Janak lands next to Toranoshi and inspects the man, he calls for a healing potion and Sujata produces a ring from her finger. However the ring will have no effect. It seems that Toranoshi is simply knocked out, he isn't bleeding out or in danger of dying. He needs only a little smelling salts from a healer's kit and he will wake. It seems that blow to the head Sujata gave him early on was just enough to rattle his cage and send black him out.

Sujata then sags, her strength sapped from her. Everyone is suffering some it seems.
Toranoshi: 7/69 (12 NonLethal) This means His HP went lower than his NonLethal so he's KOed, not in the negatives. STR -3

Ghanji 63/87
Janak 70/70
Shamad 27/137(125), STR -3, CON -1
Sujata 5/93, STR -6 (Ki Frenzy Wears Off, Heavily Encumbered Again)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Shamad drops Toranoshi's choora at his feet, reclaiming his own blade and putting it back into his sheath. "Come, we need to get off the road, and find these Lost Ones." He grunts, "I do not want anyone coming from the city to ask questions."

He is quick about it, as much as he can be after taking such a beating. "Hurry!" he commands, turning and moving further down the road at a fast walk.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm amazed that I got it right with the energy missiles. I agonized over how strong to make them so that I'd knock him out but not kill him. Unfortunately I had to err on the side of doing more rather than less damage and then hope for the best. Letting him get another attack was just too dangerous. Lucky going that it worked so well.
Janak reaches down and helps Toranoshi to his feet, guilt for causing the man's injuries and concern for his companion's health overcoming any caste differences. "I'm sorry about the cold blasts," he says quietly as he walks Toranoshi over to the cart.

Once there, Janak moves to push the cart himself. For while he's not nearly as physically fit as the others, with their injuries, he's still better off than most of them.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Taking his weapon from the ground, the dhuka accepts Janak's help, though his face is clouded by confusion.

"Sir, you stopped me from enacting truly irrevocable violence against my master and mistress. All that I have would be insufficient for thanks."

Even in his weakened state, he moves to help with the cart. The Prasads will render their judgment in time, and he will accept it. For now, he obeys them in word and deed.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Sujata takes her ring back, and tries to do as Shamad demands. She slowly picks her stuff back up, feeling the heavy weight of it with every movement. She takes a moment to heal herself a little before they get too far.
slapping a cure light on her.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 am

Sujata manages a minor prayer to the Devatta, the pain subsides some. Its enough to get on the move, but someone will have to carry her pack and extra weapons as the Devapala can barely move in her heavy armor as it is.

Toranoshi takes his sword from the ground where Shamad uncerimoniously dropped it. The Dhuka offers some words, and looks both pale and confused, but he moves and aids Janak in pushing Rhokti away from the city walls.

Shamad is right, moving now and quickly will prevent the Mamluks who are regrouping inside the gate from arriving and asking too many questions. Shamad, also badly hurt moves off toward the jungle.

That leave Ghanji and Suajta's pack behind to act as reguard as the wounded, and drained Harbingers limp off into the jungle down the road some many yards away.
Sujata +6 HPs @ 11/93
Sacked Bless Water for CLW, Please Remember you have to convert one of your Brahmin spells to a heal spell so I need to know which one. If you don't say I will just take the next spell I have at the top of the list that is legal to do it with.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Ghanji, uninjured as usual, scoops up the extra pack and trudges along behind the others without comment.
We need to get rhokti alive... Ghanji's too much the strong, silent type

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Once in the jungle and away from the road, Shamad stops and leans against a tree. "Let us rest for a spell," he says, wiping his brow of sweat. "We need to keep going, but I know we are all fatigued and drained." That is except Ghanji. "Are you well, Ghanji?" he asks to make sure, "Perhaps you could scout a head for a moment and see if you can find any sign of these elephants we seek?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Ghanji smiles. "One of the advantages of not getting within kissing distance of every enemy is not having to be brought back from the edge of death at the end of every conflict. You might want to consider it, Saradara." Knowing that the entire concept of Shamad switching to his way of fighting is ridiculous, Ghanji doesn't seem serious about this. He just turns, drops Sujata's pack, and walks off into the jungle as he frequently does. Looking for the best way for the party to proceed.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Sujata thanks Ghanji before he leaves for getting her pack, feeling silly for not being able to carry her own things for once. She leans against a tree to help aleve the strain of her armor.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.