Isle of the Elephant - Chapter 9

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Gate of the Elephant Tusks

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 pm

As Ghanji disappears, Janak concentrates and causes a long bench and awning to be formed, giving the others a shady and comfortable place to rest, off the jungle floor and out of the hot sun.

"I can also go aloft and look around," he offers. "I should be able to see for quite some distance. And I'll wager that packs of elephants will be hard to miss."
Use Minor Creation twice - once for the bench; and once for the awning. [-2 PP]

Use another charge of Flight and scout from above.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Toranoshi takes his rest. Ghanji's comment makes him smile mirthlessly. He knows - and has taught his comrades - the virtue of engaging at distance.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Ghanji drops Sujata pack after making what amounts to a joke for the Shikari. The man stalks off into the jungle to try and locate any signs of elephants, or any tracks or trails that might be of use. While you wait a nice little wooden bench and awning appears out of the jungle, a perfectly little shady spot to sit and rest. Taking advantage of it Toranoshi takes a seat, as does Sujata who's armor is weighing her down considerably.

The group is hurt, and hurt badly, and needs some further attention to their wounds. Sitting in the cart near the bench is Rhokti's coffin, with the little monkey Pazi ontop. The little girl monkey has seemed to have lost much of her intelligence, and now only travels along with the group out of habit, and some instict to remain with Rhokti's corpse, but how long that will last no one knows.

Janak then takes to the air, and lifts up above the canopy of jungle. The trees are just like back home, and for miles the foliage makes seeing what is below impossible. However he may be able to scout out wide trails, or certainly clearings.

The group remains waiting for Ghanji and Janak for several hours...
Sujata 11/93
Shamad 27/137(125)
Toranoshi 7/69 (12 NL)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Shamad rubs his throat where Toranoshi gave him a beating. "We must find something that will not allow magics to control our mind," he says offhandedly. "It seems we have been plagued by such things of late." After time passes, Shamad frowns, "Where are those two?" he muses, starting to grow concerned.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Sujata rests for a few minutes then drags herself back towards Shamad. She heals him first, both as head of the family and her betrothed. Then she heals Toranoshi.

She sits back and begins to mumble a different spell for herself, hoping to take care of the weakness that is plagueing her.
cast CLW's on Shamad & Tora, converting Bane & Entropic field. Then Lesser Restoration on Sujata
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Janak is back within 20 minuites. His spell is only good for 22 minutes, and he's likely to err on the side of caution.
About twenty minutes after he departs, Janak returns, setting himself down lightly on the ground. "No sign of elephants," he says. "And I can see precious little else through the canopy. But there are a few clearings here and there. I noted what directions they were in. But it looks like we may have to do this the hard way with Ghanji scouting a path."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Sujata's powers with the Deva have been slowly growing, and she manages to pray sever times granting minor healing to both Shamad and to Toranoshi. Apparently the woman forgives the Dhuka his actions. She then changes the prayer and infuses herself with a restoritive power, the strength returns to her face as some of the sag leaves her shoulders.
After Spells CLW, Less Rest

Shamad 32/137(125)
Tora 15/69 (4NL)
Sujata STR @ 12, Light Encumbered. If she carries her pack he's at Med Encumbrance
Janak returns in twenty minutes with no Elephants to report, but he did spot a clearing perhaps five miles to the east. He did not have enough time to reach it, but it appeared fairly large, as he was able to barely notice its location.
I was going to let Trog know what he saw but he returned too fast for me!
Ghanji however remains out for atleast another hour after Janak's return. Just about when you are ready to give up on him he returns...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Ghanji comes back out of the jungle and picks up Sujata's pack without a single comment. "There are several elephant trails, all of them leading deeper into the jungle. There's also a forresting camp not far from here. The Elephants seem to avoid it."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Toranoshi nods his thanks to his mistress, unwilling to speak until spoken to. At Ghanji's return he rises again, ready to help with the coffin once more.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:15 pm

Sorry, I guess I got ahead of myself.
Janak also prepares to depart. "Perhaps we too should avoid the foresting camp," he observes, "if we want to find the elephants."