Bich'wa and Jambiya - Chapter 9

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Bich'wa and Jambiya - Chapter 9

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:09 am

Toranoshi continues to swing without a wepaon at the man, the crowd around the two swarm away. Some people don't realize what is going on yet, and the Mamluk law certainly isn't aware yet, that's good for both men. The Dhuka kicks out, but catches only air, a second punch to the chest knocks the wind from the man's lung preventing another scream, but a chop at the nose misses as he man reals back from the previous blow.
11 Miss
23 Hit for 4 Dmg
13 Miss

This is all nonlethal.

20 Total
Through labored breathing, "<Affa/Maha> You can't escape infidel, the Crimson Jyhad knows you are here, its too late for you." He then makes two sweeps with his dagger. The first swing misses Toranoshi, but the backhand catches the dhuka across the forearm with a crimson slice.
Att: 15 Miss
Att: 23 hit for 5 dmg
Toranoshi, noticing that others are noticing...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:23 am

"<Maha>At what point did I seem to worry for my safety?"

Toranoshi steps inside the sweep of the man's dagger, grabbing the fool's wrist and twisting it - along with the arm - behind the attacker. The other arm will follow quickly; best to secure the man and end this.
Grapple! Na na na na na na na na grapple!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Toranoshi steps inside the jambiya's swing and he grabs for his wrists. The man spins his hand around twisting as Toranoshi touches him. The two make a few quick strikes and slaps from hand to wrist, hand to hand, and dagger to air. The thump thump thump of the strikes landing and slipping one after the other is all the two men hear. Then Toranoshi grabs hold stronger, and twists, and out comes the dagger knocked to the ground. Twisting and spinning Toranoshi finally spins the man's arm around behind his back, grappling him tightly putting pressure on the man's shoulder and elbow holding him upright in place with the move.
Grapple: AoO: 18 Miss
Grapple Touch Attack: 17 Hit

Grapple Check: 15 vs 23 Failure!

Second Grapple Attempt: Combat Reflexes: AoO: "1" (Fumble: 20) Fumble! Weapon Dropped, -2 Grapple

Grapple Touch Attack: "20" Hit

Grapple Check: 15 vs 10 Success! 3 Dmg

Enemy: 23 Dmg Suffered - Grappled
The man tries to spin out of it, twisting and turning his body, but Toranoshi holds him tight, keeping the pressure on the man's arm preventing him from escaping for the moment.
Break Grapple: 10 vs 26 Failure
Holding the man's arm, Toranoshi...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am

The dhuka's voice is a burning threat in the man's ear.

"<Maha>We are possessed of two options, friend. If you struggle I will find a place where men do not watch and torture you until your life is a book open of quivering flesh and spilled secrets. On the other hand, I will reward you richly for your cooperation. Choose."

The fool is unlikely to comply, but Toranoshi would rather avoid a scene if necessary.
Maintain grapple, intimidation check. Ready an attack in case he says no.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Toranoshi leans in and whispers into the enemy's ear. The choice is clear, torture from Toranoshi to cooperation. Around the two the crowd has parted, and Toranoshi holds the man upright as inconspicuous as he can, and for the most part the sailors and fishmongers here are ignoring the pair, its not the first fist fight they have seen today. The man spits, "<Affa/Maha> You think you can threaten me? There is nothing you can do to me that will top what Anoop will do. I've seen him rip a man's soul out and trap it in a jar. That punishment is nothing compared to your pain..." Toranoshi lifts up on the arm putting more pressure on the elbow of the man causing him to yell out in pain again, "I can't! I can't tell you anything, or he'll rip my soul out....ouch oooouhhh." He is looking very woozy, the pain is nearly pushing him over the edge. "Its too late anyhow, my partners already gone to warn his men, the Holy Slayers are already on their way, and Anoop has already left town. You are too late."

Grapple: 16 vs 11 Success

5 Dmg

28 Total

You have him Pinned, he's all yours to do anything with. He has 30 HPs so a tiny bit more Dmg and he's going to pass right out.

Intimidate: 5 Failure

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:03 am

Toranoshi sighs. "<Maha>Idiot."

A single quick strike to the side of the head should end the matter. From there, the dhuka props the unconscious man like a drunken friend, and as he walks he considers first the truth of his adversary's words and second the most appropriate place to take him.
Flurry nonlethal until he passes out. Sense motive, then some kind of Int check, I guess, for the second part.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 am

Toranoshi slams his elbow into the side of the man's head knocking him out with one blow. The man goes limp in arms and Toranoshi holds him up right, the man is heavy for his size. There are plenty of nearby streets where the traffic is less that he can be dumped. Of course a large group of baskets at a local merchant makes for a tempting place to unload his unwanted cargo.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 am

Mild swearing follows Toranoshi as he finds a relatively empty sidestreet and sets down his load there. A quick examination of the man's pockets might reveal more of his identity, but the dhuka's mind races...

Is Anoop already gone? Does this man speak bravado or truth?
Search and Sense Motive checks abound!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Toranoshi drags the man to a sidestreet and drops him against the wall. A dog is barking just down the way but a stern look from Toranoshi sends it yelping down the street leaving him a few minutes atleast of peace. The man seemed completely sincere about his comments of Anoop, there is little doubt about that. A search of his pockets and his person turns up a small coin purse, a silver bracelect covered in designs of a camel train, but perhaps more interestingly a tattoo on his neck of a pair of crossed straight razors.
Coins:

25 Dinar (gp)
15 Dirham (sp)
45 Copper Bits (cp)

Appraise: Bracelet - Cheap

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:02 am

Angulimala carve my brother's heart from his chest and eat it.

The oath is not angry; anger, Toranoshi knows, is a poison that ends life as surely as iocane. But it is deathly serious.

He is wasting time; better to find this man's accomplices and determine the next move.

Though tempted to flense the symbol straight from this miscreant's neck, Toranoshi instead memorizes its every line and curve; his murderous hands can draw it later with the proper utensils.

For now, though, he pockets the bracelet and purse, uses the man's own tunic to bind and gag him, hides him in an alley and moves to rendezvous with his master.