The Lost and Found - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: A Friends Sacrifice: Re-brith of a Deva

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Ghanji watches, listening and whispers to Shamad so only his Lord can hear him. "<Whisper> He may not be a Lion, but he is certainly going to be an elephant. Deva bless the man, he's stronger than I am."

Sayyid kneels before Ahmed, jambiya in hand. Ahmed is resigned to this heroic and selfless act, he is ready to offer up his life, literally to Afyalupagrah.

There is but one moment to change the mind of the Imam and the Sa'luk turned Farisan....
I'm going to give everyone of the Zak guys a moment to post before this is done. I'm not too worried if the Maha guys post or not, but feel free to as well.

This is a rather killer, no pun intended, moment in this game or any game, so I want to make sure its done right, with enough time and poses due the enomity of the situation as it stands!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

"<Whisper> I am not sure I agree with this," Shamad responds to Ghanji. He does nothing to stop it, however, not know anything of the details being flung around. He knows one thing, that they must get Rhotki back in order to succeed. Shamad feels that deep below, and is why he has gone through all this trouble to begin with. His strange, innocent friend must survive this, he will ensure of that, one way or another.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Bashir keeps his hand on Kasib's shoulder, offering what comfort he can, but he says nothing, as he has no words to express his feelings. He's known Ahmed longest of anyone here. But apparently, he didn't really know the man at all. We all have depths of feelings and reserves of strength that even we are unaware of until they are needed. I pray that should the time come, I prove to have even half the strength he does.

Then, as Sayyid readies the blow, he finds at least a few words. "Goodbye, Ahmed," he says softly, but strongly. "It has been an honor to be your friend."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri May 14, 2010 5:18 pm

"Ahmed, if you want this, and want Sayyid to do it, then I suppose he will have to live with that." Jabiir had the beginnings of a plan to save Ahmed but now that plan is lost in the moment of indecision that blocked him. Now having listened more closely he does not nesicarily agree with the decision.
"Sayyid if you are committed to this thing then I feel that I must support you. I still don't think that you deserve the fate a of a friend killer,and I am willing to bear that burden."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 17, 2010 6:04 pm

The last good-byes are said. The deed is to happen. All that remains is for Ahmed to give the signal. The groups remains apart, but the light that swirls that is the soul of Afyal is starting to show signs it is loosing its luster.

The Master Astromoner shouts, "It is now, or it is never! Blessed are those that make such sacrifices. If we wait anylong, all you have fought for will be for nothing! Oh my liver, I'm getting too old for this sort of things." He grabs his liver and staggers backwards almost fainting with the excitment and tension in the air.
IF anyone is going to try and stop this (you people who sent me PMs know who you are. Then do it now. Otherwise lets do this thing! Ahmed and Sayyid its your show.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue May 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Sayyid is down on one knee in front of the kneeling Ahmed. He places his hand on the man's shoulder, and without pausing in his prayers, he pulls Ahmed forward as he drives the curved dagger into his chest. The priest is a skilled warrior, and the dagger is heavily enchanted. He does not miss, and Ahmed's armor does not turn the blade.

Those who once hired Sayyid as a guide might have wondered if he could really kill an ally, since he offered to do so when Kasib was infected with Lycanthropy. There's no doubt any more. In order to save another man's soul, Sayyid min Zann is more than capable of murder.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Ahmed gasps as the blade slips through his flesh and into his heart his eyes opening wide. Then he exhales and a fume of blood comes forth, spattering across the stones in a pattern no painter could match for its hidden meaning. One last set of words leave the Saluk turned Farisan's lips as he falls to the warm stone of the ziggurat, the desert guide's strike was true as any executioners blade could be, and the words shall be Ahmed's last. The words emerge on moist jungle air, far different from the sweet dryness the man is used to breathing; but the words still ring with the accent of the desert, of the harsh streets of Huzuz where Ahmed bin Anwar bin Najib grew up. They are simple, a parting phrase of Zakhara, one any would expect from a man saying a final good-bye, though perhaps not this man. Still, it seems there was always a bit more to this man than even he knew. With barely a whisper they pour forth, and then Ahmed falls, his life leaving him. But the words still hang in the air, and ring as a whisper should not, a final message to his friends.

"The Lawgiver guide you, Brothers."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue May 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Sayyid makes no attempt to keep the blood off of his clothing, but those who travel with him know that he maintains the ancient ceremonial garb magically anyway. He catches Ahmed as he pitches forward and rolls him onto his back. The blade, he pulls back out and wipes on his own clothing before stowing it. He hasn't stopped in his prayers this whole time, but he does look up at Bashir for help in moving Ahmed's body to the spot that the mystics indicated.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Wordlessly, Bashir nods and moves forward, taking one of Ahmed's arms and allowing Sayyid to take the other. Rather than run the risk of hurting Ahmed's body he lifts with care, and braces Ahmed head so it doesn't flop. Almost an entire lifetime as a Mystic of Nog gives him the strength of will to do this without faltering, though the sadness is clear on his face.

OOC: DM Edit, to fix big mistake about head.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Jabiir winces at the loss of another of their group. He assists Bashir and Sayyid with moving the lifeless body of the former lion to the pilar of light. Tears well up in his eyes as he is frustrated that he could not prevent Ahmed's death.