The Lost and Found - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Return of Rhokti and Rambad

Post by Bitom » Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Rhokti blinks and flexes his fingers. He really doesn't look all that much different, except that his short brown fur has been replaced by shaggy gray.

"That's very odd. I had a dream where I was killed, and then Durjaya was being mean to me again." He looks at his own fur. "And now I am old." Finally, he looks at Shamad. "How long was I asleep?"

He doesn't seem to have noticed his changed surroundings, the Elephant-headed God, or the other group of people. That, more than anything else confirms that he is still Rhokti.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 pm

"Uh," Shamad starts to almost stutter, "Rhotki, I believe you did die." Shamad can really not tell a lie, and if he tried, would probably sound foolish. "We came here to bring you back." He looks at Afyal quickly, "You look different, I am afraid, do you feel okay?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Anyone else care that your party members are back alive, etc?
Ghanji moves forward to Rhokti's side and kneels next to the monkey man, "He looks more like a Vanran than a Hengeyokai, even in hybrid form." Ghanji is a well trained Shikari, and recoginzing the native races of the Mahavana is a trademark skill of his. He lends the Mantrika a hand, "Can you stand?" He glances a moment at the other "man" Rambad and then at the Lions of Tomorrow to see how they are reacting to his reincarnation.

A little monkey, known as Pakizah-Upahda, climibs from behind the mystics slowly and with causion toward Rhokti. She tilts her head to the side as if remembering something as she looks wide eyed at the monkey man of Mahasarpa.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Janak bows deeply to the Lost One - lost no more. "You have done us a great honor," he says to the recovered diva. "We rejoice in the return of our friends, and thank you for helping bring them back to us." He rises and looks at Afyal, taking in every detail he can.

"When my power returns," he says, "I would honor you with a proper memorial of this day. A painting, a statue, a wood carving, or perhaps all three. All in Mahasarpa and Zakhara must learn of your return and rejoice."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 pm

The elephant headed Deva regards Janak, his voice fills the head of all present. "Such honor would please me suitably Janak of Lakshamana." The great being regards Rambad and Rhokti, "They are returned to you, through the Karmic Wheel, the strain is great on me." He turns his head and looks to the Mystics Three genuflecting there at his side. "I will see my herd now, and allow these heroes a chance to welcome heir friends back. Take me to my flock now."

The mystics nods and scramble over themselves to do as Afyal has asked. They quickly show the Deva to the stairs down, not that he really needs directions, and with a respectful nod Afyal-Ahmed strides down the ziggurat to see the elephants that are gathered there that once housed fragments of his soul. As its coming down the stairs, Kasib looks up to see this thing walking down towards him.

It leaves you all a moment alone at the top of the ziggurat.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 pm

***Sayyid***

Sayyid seems less impressed than the Mahasarpans, but then again, they were EXPECTING to get a monkey man back. "Uh... Rambad?"

***Rhokti***
"I died? That can't be, Shamad, you don't get old when you die!" He picks up the monkey. "Hello, again, Pazi... you don't seem to have gotten any older." Finally, it seems to penetrate that if he'd aged enough to go Gray, then Pazi would be long dead. He looks around at his companions. "Nobody else is older! And who are these people with their funny clothing? And why does that man have an Elephant for a head? What's going on here, Shamad?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Shamad is mostly flabbergasted. "I do not know," he says, "That is Afyal, a Deva," he tries to explain, "You do not look the same," he agrees, "I think that he might have ... had difficulties bring you back to life." He runs a hand through his hair, unable to fully explain what happened.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Janak steps in to try and explain. "You had passed from your current place on the wheel of life, and could no longer go back to your old life," he offers. "Or your old body. The best that Afyal could do was grant you another turn on the wheel in roughly the same position you were before." He holds out his hands. "This was what he could manage. I think you will find that you have undergone an important physical change." No stranger to the Vanaran, Janak apprehends immediately what's happened. "But spiritually, you should remain the same - which is, of course, what is most important."

Janak hesitates, trying to figure out the best way to break this to Rhokti. "Afyal really did get quite close with you," he adds. "Though he was clearly unable to bring you back as a hengeyokai." There was no way to really soften the truth. So best to have out with it. "You have been brought back to us in the form of a Vanaran, Rhokti. You will finish out this turn on the wheel of life as a Vanaran."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Ghanji stands next to Shaman and Janak, the look on his face is both that of pleasure (at havinh Rhokti back), disappoinment (that he's been changed), and awe (that a Deva was just reborn as well). Ghanji, adds, "Atleast you didn't return to us as a Lizardman or something worse..."

Rambad lays on the stone of the ziggurat he's rocking back and forth from side to side, holding his head. "Uhghh..." he doesn't seem to have survived the reincarnation nearly as well as Rhokti has. "..what! What's happening?" his words are slurred, unused to the long muzzle he is now gifted with. Eyes held tight after a quick peek at his strange long fingered hairy hands Rambad rolls from side to side. "Oh my liver! help me."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 am

"Have no fear, Rambad," Bashir says, rising and coming to help his friend through a difficult time. "The lands of Zakhara have always been accepting of all who are Enlightened. And I assure you that you will always have a place among those of my order. Here, around Afyal, your new appearance will cause far less notice than elsewhere."