The Lost and Found - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Return of Rhokti and Rambad

Post by TetNak » Tue May 25, 2010 7:20 pm

When the elephant-headed deity passes him, Kasib stands up and walks back up toward the others.

He is on one hand angry, sad, and disappointed in what Ahmed did. On the other hand, Rambad should be alive. That brings him happiness. When Kasib gets to the top of the ziggurat again, he looks around, seeing too monkey-like people and everyone else.

"Where is Rambad?" he asks.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Jabiir is struck silent at the Reincarnation ritual. He stares for a moment at the fur that now covers the body of their Corsair. "You should know Ahmed says he is sorry. He gave his life then his body for Afyal to return and use his powers to bring you back. Although I see you are not as you once were, perhaps we can tell the women that your Drink put hair on your chest, and the rest of you...." He stops for a moment and Wraps Rambad in a large hug. "Welcome Back!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue May 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Kasib looks at Jabiir like he's dumb, dumber than usual, that is. "Why are you hugging that monkey?" he asks.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Rambad is grappled in a big bear hug, and his eyes nearly pop out of his furry monkey face. The man looking over Jabiir's shoulders is Rambad, Kasib can see that as Rambad says the words, "Help me Kasib! This ugly barbarian is going to crush me to death!" Of course he's doing so in a joking tone, a tone and a voice that is Rambad's. Rambad doesn't seem to understand what anyone is talking about when they mention Ahmed, so much will have to be explained to him.

Ghanji pats Pazi on the head as she climbs up on Rhokti. "No rest for the weary Rhokti. We need to fill you in on what happened after you were killed, which..." he gulps down, "... I'm sorry about shooting you, but none of were ourselves." He looks at Janak who's mystical double was hurting the party in that same very chaotic battle. "We have much work to do, you'll want some rest, but then we need to refocus our effort and return to our task."

Both group have much yet to do, and much to fillt heir friends in. Both groups are also exhausted, it is the middle of the night of a very long night, a night that seems like six months, a night that has finally brought back two heroes from the dead. A night that will last a while longer as tales are told and explainations made.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue May 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Rhokti nods and closes his eyes. He seems to try something, but it doesn't work. "It appears that you're right, Ghanji. I am a Vanaran. How strange!" He doesn't seem to be very put out by this at all.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed May 26, 2010 1:10 am

Ka'im has been silent for a long time as the ritual sacrifice and the rebirth of the Deva occurred. Now that Rambad is risen, he looks over the monkey-man, hearing the familiar voice coming from the funny body. "Rambad! It really is you!"

He rushes forward. "Kasib! It worked!" He joins in the group hug, though offering nowhere near as much crushing as Jabiir does.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Ghanji helps Rhokti to his feet, "It is good to have you back with us. Shamad has much to tell you. We must continue, but I'm sure you are tired, I know I am!" He glances over at the Lions of Tomorrow, "Good work Lions, perhaps in the future we will meet again. We leave in the morning, and if we never see you again, I wish you all the best of luck in defeating the evil of your lands." The Shikari nods to Rambad and the others and turns to stay at Shamad and Rhokti's side so glad the monkey man is alive once more.

Rambad "It is me... I think. I mean... I feel like me, but I look like Jabiir if he forgets to shave in the morning." Yup, its Rambad alright. "What happened, and where are we?" He nods back to Ghanji hearing the man's words but not knowing who that is, "Who is that? Someone tell me what is going on."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Rhokti just adds to the confusion. He points to the other Vanaran. "Was he dead, too?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Ghanji nods, "Name was Rambad, one of the locals of this land. He was... human in his first life. Appear Vanaran now. They call themselves the Lions of Tomorrow and are freedom fighters of a sort battling a great evil in this land. We were forced to team up with them to bring you back to life."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri May 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Ka'im nods. "It is you, Rambad!" He backs off a bit after his greetings, a bit bittersweet, because Ahmed was lost to regain Rambad. However, Rambad is definitely returned, so there is joy in his voice.

He hears the comments from the Mahasarpans, and moves away from his group to approach the others. "We may have been forced to work together, but it was an honor working with you, Effendis. We worked well together." The Zakharan looks over the others, before offering some well-wishes. "May your camels always smell water. Es Salaam alekum."