The Lost and Found Again - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Lost and Found Again - Chapter 10

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm

This is the break off thread for the crossover game, where the groups are seeking out the pieces of the relics for The Lost One. This thread is for the mostly Zakharan group including:

Group Zakhara
Sayyid (Bit)
Janak (Trog)
Ghanji (NPC)
Kasib (Tet)
Ahmed (od)
Jabir (Way)

This thread picks up from here:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#121395
*** Day 229th of the Year of Falling Stars, Dar 14 in Zakhara, Karttika 14th in Mahasarpa ***

Heading down off the ziggurat's south side, the Zakharans and a few of the Mahasarpans known as the Harbingers leave the wise men at the top in search of ancient relics. The group includes Sayyid, Kasib, Ahmed and Jabiir, with them comes the Mahasarpan Yogi Janak and the Shikari Ghanji.

At the base of the ziggurate is the waiting elephant herd to carry the group to the first of the ancient tombs which hold the key to reviving the Lost One and their dead friends Rhokti and Rambad. The day is hardly even dawned yet, and the group arrives silent and somber for the moment.
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: The Lost and Found Again - Chapter 10

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Jabiir looks critically over Janak and Ghanji, he is well aware of what Ubdallah, Sayyid and Ahmed can do but only has an inkling to Janak and Ghanji.
"You." he points to Ghanji, "Are you any good with that blade?" he points to the tulwar. "You carry yourself like someone who can handle themselves in a brawl."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

I don't mean to steal Ghanji's thunder. But I figured it was never a bad thing to have a PC talk before an NPC.
"He's fierce with both blade and bow," Janak offers. "And as brave a man as I've ever met."

"For my part, I have unlocked the mysteries of the mind," he offers before any can ask what he does. "It appears to some to be as magic, though it's actually from a different source. I can use it to fly, shoot energy or shards of crystal at my enemies, defend myself, and many other things. My main limit is that each use of my abilities saps my energy. With four challenges in quick succession, I shall have to be careful with what I do, lest I be powerless for the last challenge."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Sayyid is mostly silent for the trip, but at one poitn while the new group speaks of his abilities, he says "I am only recently brought into my order, and have but a small command of my God's spells. So don't be expecting much on that front, but I'll be in the front line with Jabiir as usual."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 pm

"One other thing," Janak adds, pointing to the large lapis lazuli that circles the air around him. "Strange as it may be to you, this crystal - I call him Mani - has a semblance of life. Mani is actually a reflection of my own mind, granted independent awareness. He can serve as a scout or allow communication. For he can talk to the minds of anyone nearby, and to me over great distances. I often use him to relay messages."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Kasib gives a bow, "I am, well, obviously very handsome and knowledgeable about all sorts of things." The beardless 'man' looks more like a boy. "I play my zither, and all sorts of good things happen. You will find yourself full of strength and vigor." He pauses, "Also, I am not sure how I do it, but I can lend you aid when sick or hurt." He pats his sword at his side, though its a long time since he really used it. "Yeah, I pretty much can do anything," he comments.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm

"Quite," Ahmed says in response to Kasib's proclamation, "Though he excels at kissing jackal-faced banshee women." The goateed man says as he boards his elephant. "I have a feeling, from his looks, my skills are along the same as that Toranashi character you traveled with."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Janak raises an eyebrow. Assassin? he thinks. Poisoner? Then he shakes his head. No doubt he means the skills of expedience that Toranoshi excels at.

"I'm glad to hear that," he says aloud. "Toranoshi's skills have been invaluable to us in our travels. I"m sure yours will be as well."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 pm

"Jackal-faced?" Kasib gives Ahmed a stare. "Hardly! I have never kissed a jackal-faced woman in all my years!"

Kasib almost looks hurt by the insult.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Ghanji allows Janak to reply for him and listens to a bit of the conversation before he too grabs the ear of an elephant and easily throws himself up onto its back. "Leave me a line of fire and you'll see my bow in action. I am a Shikari, a tracker and woodsman by trade and the fireciest hunter of Yuan-ti you will ever find." He gets comfortable and smiles at Ahmed's reply, already he likes the man, even if he's obviously of lower caste than himself. "Come Jackel-face kisser, we have no time for hurt feelings." He clicks his tongue and his elephant begins the long march.

One by one the elephants of the rest of the group move out as well. It requires no skill to ride the beasts, they do all the work, and unless one is fooling around no one risks falling off them. The herd also requires no guidance on where to go, they lead the way and you all simply sit and talk getting to know another's abilities, and undoubtly being 'treated' to one of Kasib's song (such a lovely voice, and such terrible lyrrics).

The group travels along well travled paths for a while before they become smaller and less obvious. Many hours later, having crossed much of the island now you arrive at what must be the first of the three ruins you are to search. The sun if high in the sky, and the heat is great today. One by one the elephants kneel letting you slip off their backs.

You are at a small clearing, perhaps only twenty feet in diameter, and set in the middle of it is an ancient stone structure, only fifteen feet in height. All of the stone is covered in either moss, mold, mushrooms, vines, or other clinging and growing plants. A tree grows up out of one corner of the building, and as you near a large blue heron takes flight from the roof flapping its wide wings and vanishin over the tree tops out of view. Two ancient statues flank the stoen doorway arch, scroll work and masterful carvings are worn nearly flat from centuries of weather.

There is a peaceful, yet dangerous sensation in this glade.
This group is heading toward the following three.

Idols: Name - Deva - (Possible Elemental Guarding It)
Bear - Mahabhalla (Fire or Earth)
Tiger - Mahabagha (Fire or Earth)
Heavenly Minstral - Lakshmi (Unknown)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring