The Lost and Found Again - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Ancient Slime Elemental - What's So Funny?

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:48 pm

"Oooh," Kasib looks up at the crystal, following it wherever it takes him. "You are, pretty, Mani ..."

That might not seem the correct response, but that's all Kasib can come with at this point.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Mani bobs along, leading Kasib to the remaining alcove. Here we are, he says telepathically. Please take the lamp from the pedestal and follow me." Then the psicrystal takes off again and heads to the last empty altar.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Kasib reaches up and takes the lamp. Looking over his shoulder at the slime. He commands the Bear to guard the slime, and not to attack, until it does something aggressive. He the bolts off after Mani.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Kasib, chasing the flying stone, races to the fourth altar with the fourth lamp. Everyone seems set and in position now.

The bear and ghanji both are watching the slime thing, while Ahmed waits at the small altar among the final area.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am

Sayyid looks at the brazier. Presumably, there will be some coals or the like to light here, he holds the lamp high, to make sure that it doesn't get accidentally lit before time. "Is everyone in position?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 am

The braizers are in fact completely empty. They appear to be nothing more than waiting bowls for burning oil. Each one is however scribed along the lip with dozens of gometric designs.

Sayyid calls out for the others to be in position, and everyone seems to be, though only Sayyid's lamp burns, the rest remain unlit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:44 am

"Here!" Janak calls. Do you think we pour the oil into the braziers?" he asks. "Does anyone have an enchantment that will let him read the inscription? That might give us the answer."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Jabiir waits with his lamp at his brazier, "I can't believe Kasib told a joke that made that ooze laugh." He remarks to no one near him. He shouts to the group. "How are we going to light these things?"
Is there any oil in the lamp i'm holding? can I pour it into the brazier?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 am

I guess I didn't make this clear enough, I thought I had.
The small prayer lamps taken off the altars ARE filled with holy oils, while the braizers on the matching large altars are just reall large brass bowls awaying the burning oil. Sayyid already lit his lamp itself and the oil burning out the nose of the lamp.

"Dump it in there and light it already!" Shouts Sayyid as he pours his flaming oil out of the offering lamp and into the waiting bowl. One after the other you dump your oil into the waiting brass braizer. Sayyid's oil is already on fire as it fills the bowl the flames play across the surface lighting up the whole of it. There is a sudden and holy burst of magical energy that washes out in a circle from the altar and the chamber lights up brighter than the simple oil should allow it to be lit. The pieces of slime that hang off Sayyid recoil from the light, shrivel up and are banished from the chamber!

As the fire burns a small shape appears in the oil made of the smoke. The smoke coalesses into the shape of a pair of sandaled ladies feet. The feet appear to be a piece of small statuette made from a smokey quartz material. The statue piece just sits there in the oil as it burns awaiting Sayyid to pluck it from the fire.

Janak reaches into his pack and produces a tindertwing, *whoosh*, his match is lit and he dumps the oil into the brass bowl and tosses in the match. The same light explodes outwards from the altar and the power washing across the chamber just feels right. The smoke of his burning oil becomes a small smokey head of a mahasarpan woman, her mouth open in song.

Jabbir and Kasib both pour in their oils, the floating stone says to Kasib, Now light it on fire like the others. Ka'im reaches into his pack and produces his flint and steel and starts trying to light the oil. Jabiir does the same as he can see into the other chamber near him. Eventually a few seconds later the two have lit their respective braizers. More light flows, and the slime on Jabiir recoils and fleeds the power of the altar crawling into the corners or evaporating into the air. Jabiir's smoke turns into a small set of legs and hips, while Kasibs is a pair of arms holding a Sitar. Each of the pieces rests in the flames awaiting the person to pluck it from the burning oil, each piece appears to be a part of the the same statue.

Ghanji shouts from the other room, "Hurry it up, this thing is starting to calm down a little!"
3 of your 9 rounds have passed

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

Right on target. I was planning on using a tindertwig for this. :-)
Janak doesn't hesitate. First, he 'speaks' to Mani. Can you check the central altar? he thinks. I want to know if there's anything of note happening there. Then, after taking a moment to focus his mind, he manifests a power to protect him from fire and reaches into the flames to see if he can grab the figurine's head.
Manifest Energy Adaptation (fire) and then reach in. And since I'm manifesting it before I'm damaged, it's only 3 PP. :-)

GOOGLE DOCS UPDATED