The Lost and Found Again - Chapter 10

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: Ancient Slime Elemental - What's So Funny?

Post by Wayloss » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Jabiir grabs his and heads off with his statute to meet up with Sayyid. "Here come the legs!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 am

Janak protects his hand from the flame and reaches into the braizer and grabs the figurine's head. The flames don't harm the protected Brahmin and he holds the statue's head in his hand.

Mani flies away from Kasib at the mental command from its master. The psi crystal flies to the central altar, the larger of the two and not the one Ahmed is at. The altar has a waiting brass bowl, the same symbols around it, but when the crystal draws near the bowl appears to fill with holy oil -- oil that was not there when Ahmed was using it as a prop for his crossbow (which still remains siting on it as well). Mani calls back to its master, It appears full of the flamable liquid now.

Jabiir grabs the legs, reaching into the flames, he too is protected from such a minor amount of flames, and he races to join up with Sayyid where ever he is.
Janak no dmg due to Energy Adaptation
Jabiir no dmg due to Fire Resist.

Wayloss, your sheet says Fire Resist/5, but I'm having no luck in seeing WHY it says that PM me an let me know what this is from. For now I'll just run with this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 am

Knowing he's not particularly likely to survive plunging his hands into a magical flame at the moment, Sayyid elects to let Jabiir get his section when he gets there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:23 am

Turns out the Fire Resist on Jabiir's sheet in inaccurate.

So Ref Save: Success. 1/2 Dmg = 2
Jabiir realizes that as he's running his hand did get burned, but the pumping adrenaline and general lack of attention to pain that Jabiir normally has means the minor scald was no worse than something he might get in camp. He races to join Sayyid and can see the Imam is waiting for someone to grab his piece from the flames.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 am

Knowing full well, even after having known him less than a day, that Kasib will never stick his hand in a fire, Janak rushes over to where Kasib and Mani are as soon as he has his own piece of the statue secured.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Janak flys as quick as he can to get to Mani and Kasib. The Brahmin grabs the piece of statue out of the fire and now has two pieces in hand.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 am

With two pieces in hand, he heads to the center altar. "Sayyid," he calls out as he goes, "I'll bet the center altar is the key to fusing the pieces together. Bring the other pieces there."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:56 am

Sayyid sighs, seeing the burns on Jabiir. He offers a quick prayer to his God for healing and for protection against this Geomancer-spawned fire, then reaches into the flames and plucks his part of the statue out, then heads to the center, motioning Jabiir to do the same.
CLW on self to make sure I don't die of first degree burns, then grab the thing and hope breaker will help protect me.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 am

Sayyid quickly chants a minor healing prayer, and some of his bleeding stops. He grabs into the fire at the same time Jabiir is about to and pauses, his hand right in the flames! He grabs the statue a moment after leaving his hand in there a touch too long and hurries after Janak his knuckle hair all burnt off.
CLW +8, Fire -1, rolled really bad but got lucky.
Jabiir, Janak, Sayyid and Kasib all reach the middle altar. Janak is holding the peice for Kasib, but the Rawun follows behind the flying Mystic. Standing around the altar you have Ahmed's crossbow there, and a small braize with oil in it now (oil that was not there until after you lit the braizers).

Ghanji shouts, "If you don't want to end up a minion of Saurama hurry the damn up! This thing is starting to calm down. I don't think it thinks Kasib is that funny after all." He looks at Ahmed standing poised at the small altar, holding on to hope that the others do something soon.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am

Moving both pieces he's holding to one hand, Janak reaches into his satchel and pulls out another tindertwig. Striking it against the side of the altar, he lights it and uses the now burning twig to light the oil. "Give the pieces to me," he says, "I can stand the fire. I'll put them in and try and assemble them in the fire of the brazier."
Janak will do what he said.