The Barber and the Brother - Chapter 11

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Mystic Council

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:55 pm

** Adbul-Tawwab **

Janak joins the astronomer in his walk around the grounds. "You know best of the heavens," he says. "My own talents are with the Earth - creation from the wood and water and stone that we're all made of."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm

* * Kalil al Waheed beni Salim * *

"Kalil al Waheed beni Salim, I always have time for one of your learning and experience." Taymullah stops and turns to the mystic. "What may this poor servant of Afyal do for you?" He bows slightly when addressed in deference tot he Master Mystics position and experience.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 pm

** Rashid **

"Yes all those things may be true Shamad." The older man looks up at the sky, "But look at the sky, look at the mountains around you. All of it is made possible by the Gods. You know why? So we might be happy and live and procreate and be who we are." He then lets out a long breath, "Forget your troubles at home, with the Deva as you call them, with all the worries. Tomorrow you will be married. Tomorrow you embark on your greatest danger yet -- marriage!" He laughs. "Have you ever lain with a woman before? It is alright I know many men can not wait until they are married. I will not judge you harshly if you have."

This is turning into a fatherly council session.

** Adbul-Tawwab **

The mystic touches the ground with his sandaled feet, then he slips out of them and grips the ground with his toes. "The earth is a strong element yes, solid and dependable. You both, he looks at Azora and Janak, have talents like the Mystics of Nog." He taps his temple, "Some call them Psionics, other Mindspells, whatever name you prefer, you use these powers to do good." He pauses where a worm crawls across the stone, carefully he steps over it. "In the days to come those powers will be tested. Your loyalty, your mental sanity, your friendships. Can your mind handle these things I wonder?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Shamad starts to smile in regards to Rashid's jest about marriage. When he brings up 'laying with a woman', Shamad's face goes completely blush. His father has been dead for years, his brother two, and no one has ever been so frank with him. This is not particularly polite conversation, his eyes are wide with complete surprise still, "No," he answers, "No," he repeats, not really finding the words other than to answer in the simplest way possible.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 pm

* * Kalil al Waheed beni Salim * *

The Master Mystic smiles at Taymullah, "You have been a devote follower of Afyal for many many years. Now we find him returned from the beyond. His avatar sits in mediation only a hundred feet from us. Yet we are in the lands of the Ajami, but they too worshiped him once, for he came from this land. You Imam are the only true Imam in all of this land who knows and understands The Lost One's teachings, his prayers, his powers. Yet what Fate brought you here? The fate of these Harbingers of Doom, these men and woman who seek their deaths at every turn. I beg of you Imam, do not venture out into the world with them. Stay here in this temple, teach their mystics the proper ways of Afyal and help us found a new temple to Afyal here in the mountains until a day when the worship and faithful of him is strong once more."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 pm

** Rashid **

The older mystic can see the blush on Shamad's face. "Ahh. Well I am an old man, do not worry about offending me Shamad. I only ask because you may find that all your great adventures are nothing compared to the difficulties of pleasing your new wife. You are a strapping young man, I'm sure it will be no trouble at all for you."

He inhales breathing in the smell of the pool and temple. "Of course even your monkey friend can figure it out. I'm sure you'll be fine." He has a wide grin on his face.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

** Adbul-Tawwab **

"No one can know what the future will bring, Master Astronomer," Janak replies. "But my training has been excellent, my friendhips strong, and my loyalty unwavering." He holds his hands out palm up. "We can but prepare ourselves as best we can and then -as you would say- trust ourselves to Fate."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

** Rashid **

Shamad is rather confused by this line of discussion. He just nods and considers Rhotki and Pazi for the briefest of seconds. "So," he says, "What else is there to discuss?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 pm

** Rashid **

"Oh nothing I suppose, unless, you have questions. You know about married life, women or the fate of the world that hangs in the balance of your actions." He lifts his brow up in a strange smile, "You must not allow yourself to be distracted with such petty things as politics and marriage. Do what your heart says, marry Sujata, but then leave her here. Do not take your wife into such dangers that you know you will face. A good woman will understand, and it will free your mind to the tasks you have at hand. Give up the titles and politics of your house so you can tend to what is really important the will of the Deva."

** Adbul-Tawwab **

"Fate is a fickle mistress. She may give a starving man a hunk of meat but no way to cook it. You walk a dangerous thread, and alone among your companions I can see that the pair of you are suited to deal with the dangers ahead because of your mental training. Do not trust to old friendships or alliances. A single Sa'luk may steal more from one home than a troupe of marching Mamluks. If you understand me."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 am

** Rashid **

Shamad shakes his head, "I would much rather give up some great quest given by the Deva. I have failed, time and again, why is it my burden to carry? I wish nothing only to go home, see my House prosper, and people protected from those that would do it harm. The brahmin can fight the wars against the Destroyer, I am but a simple man."